The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Courtier

With a second marriage, particularly one they knew would be in such high public focus, I think Anne and Timothy discussed quite a few things before committing.

Every relationship goes through ups and downs. I wouldn't read too much into one moment caught by a photographer (who was probably looking for such!).

Old 02-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I thought I heard that Anne & Timothy were having marital problems and were ready to separate. Anyone know anything about this? He always looks so bored in many of the photos. Anne also looks like she is somewhat controlling. She's a hardworker and may need that quality.
I remember talk about a divorce, but rumour has it that the Queen put her foot down and said one was bad enough, but two, absolutely no way, (or words to that effect).

Old 02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I remember talk about a divorce, but rumour has it that the Queen put her foot down and said one was bad enough, but two, absolutely no way, (or words to that effect).
I know its all rumour's , but can you really see ann , staying in a marriage if she wasnt happy ?? half of me say's yes and the rest say's no !
Old 02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I know its all rumour's , but can you really see ann , staying in a marriage if she wasnt happy ?? half of me say's yes and the rest say's no !
Can you really see her defying the Queen? Like many men and women, they could have found a compromise that works, but I don't think I will chance asking her for details!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Nobility

I don't think even anne would defy the queen. I also think she knows that one divorce was bad enough but two.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Courtier

yer think you could be both right !
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Can you really see her defying the Queen? Like many men and women, they could have found a compromise that works, but I don't think I will chance asking her for details!
They probably have separate living arrangements and basically separate working/socializing arrangements, except when they are needed to be seen together during royal engagements.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I always thought that Princess Anne was rather attractive in her younger years. But as she has gotten older, she seems to have aged so much and looks at times really putting on the years. Has anyone else noticed such?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I always thought that Princess Anne was rather attractive in her younger years. But as she has gotten older, she seems to have aged so much and looks at times really putting on the years. Has anyone else noticed such?
That grandmothers hair doesn't help her either.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
At events she is really enjoying, she looks younger than her years, at others she looks quite 'weathered'. I think she does a tremendous job of representing her charities, her country and the Royal family.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Nobility

I don't think it would take much to make her look younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
That grandmothers hair doesn't help her either.
Her hair needs to change. She's been wearing it the same way for YEARS. She could have a wash and wear style that would be no fuss, but that would look more modern.

She still has a great figure - she's going to be 57 this year!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
At events she is really enjoying, she looks younger than her years, at others she looks quite 'weathered'. I think she does a tremendous job of representing her charities, her country and the Royal family.

It's the weathered look I'm kind of concerned about. At times, she looks fatigued and generally not feeling good. I know she does the most of royal duties (at least I think she does) and perhaps all the work and stress of duty, marriage, press criticism & governmental control has taken a toll on her.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

I posted this pic in the loving looks and gestures thread. I don't think there are any major problems between Anne and her husband

dancing

(picture from Hola.com)
Old 03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

What a fantastic picture of princess Anne and Tim Laurence. You really can see how much they enjoy each others company. I never believed the separation or divorce rumours. This picture to me shows that they're really in love . . Thanks for sharing the pic Sofia!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I posted this pic in the loving looks and gestures thread. I don't think there are any major problems between Anne and her husband
I don't know if I would call it a loving look, more a look and chat between close friends who are on the dance floor. Perhaps, having been told they would not be allowed to divorce, they accepted that and settled down into a 'different' type of relationship.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't know if I would call it a loving look, more a look and chat between close friends who are on the dance floor. Perhaps, having been told they would not be allowed to divorce, they accepted that and settled down into a 'different' type of relationship.
Well there wasn't really any other thread I felt it should be posted in. It's still a nice picture and shows what I have always believed, the problems this couple have faced are over exaggerated by the press.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Well there wasn't really any other thread I felt it should be posted in. It's still a nice picture and shows what I have always believed, the problems this couple have faced are over exaggerated by the press.
It is a nice picture, I'm sorry I should have said that. I do think Anne and Tim had problems for a while and it does appear that they have reached an understanding. It is even possible that out of this understanding, they realised that they rub along well together.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Well maybe you are better informed than most of us since you are in Britain. I always felt that since they entered this marriage at a mature stage in their lives, they would have agreed on certain arrangements that would be condusive to their respective careers and duties. Therefore they have not placed unreasonable demands on each other.
It is so good to see pictures of the Princess Royal and Tim attending the Royal Birthday celebrations in Norway in this thread as well as those of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester in their Current Events thread. The thread dedicated to the Event itself is so full of repetitive postings of the same pictures.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN
Well maybe you are better informed than most of us since you are in Britain. I always felt that since they entered this marriage at a mature stage in their lives, they would have agreed on certain arrangements that would be condusive to their respective careers and duties. Therefore they have not placed unreasonable demands on each other.
Many people getting married the first time, have trouble at first, I hear. Then there are the ones who suffer from the two, seven or 11 year itch.
Second marriages can be as prone to disaster and from what I have seen from our 'mature' friends, age is no guarantee of happy ever after.
I am pleased for them if they have managed to settle into a lasting partnership and perhaps we will see more of them together.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Nobility

That photo looks like they are forcing things, to me. But yes, I would think at this point they would have an arrangement if things weren't going well.

Tags
princess anne, princess royal