The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Suonymona's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: *******, United States
Posts: 830
With a second marriage, particularly one they knew would be in such high public focus, I think Anne and Timothy discussed quite a few things before committing.

Every relationship goes through ups and downs. I wouldn't read too much into one moment caught by a photographer (who was probably looking for such!).
__________________

__________________
Ann
  #42  
Old 02-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I thought I heard that Anne & Timothy were having marital problems and were ready to separate. Anyone know anything about this? He always looks so bored in many of the photos. Anne also looks like she is somewhat controlling. She's a hardworker and may need that quality.
I remember talk about a divorce, but rumour has it that the Queen put her foot down and said one was bad enough, but two, absolutely no way, (or words to that effect).
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I remember talk about a divorce, but rumour has it that the Queen put her foot down and said one was bad enough, but two, absolutely no way, (or words to that effect).
I know its all rumour's , but can you really see ann , staying in a marriage if she wasnt happy ?? half of me say's yes and the rest say's no !
__________________
  #44  
Old 02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I know its all rumour's , but can you really see ann , staying in a marriage if she wasnt happy ?? half of me say's yes and the rest say's no !
Can you really see her defying the Queen? Like many men and women, they could have found a compromise that works, but I don't think I will chance asking her for details!
__________________
  #45  
Old 02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
I don't think even anne would defy the queen. I also think she knows that one divorce was bad enough but two.
__________________
  #46  
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 998
yer think you could be both right !
__________________
  #47  
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Can you really see her defying the Queen? Like many men and women, they could have found a compromise that works, but I don't think I will chance asking her for details!
They probably have separate living arrangements and basically separate working/socializing arrangements, except when they are needed to be seen together during royal engagements.
__________________
  #48  
Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 AM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I always thought that Princess Anne was rather attractive in her younger years. But as she has gotten older, she seems to have aged so much and looks at times really putting on the years. Has anyone else noticed such?
__________________
  #49  
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I always thought that Princess Anne was rather attractive in her younger years. But as she has gotten older, she seems to have aged so much and looks at times really putting on the years. Has anyone else noticed such?
That grandmothers hair doesn't help her either.
__________________
  #50  
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I always thought that Princess Anne was rather attractive in her younger years. But as she has gotten older, she seems to have aged so much and looks at times really putting on the years. Has anyone else noticed such?
At events she is really enjoying, she looks younger than her years, at others she looks quite 'weathered'. I think she does a tremendous job of representing her charities, her country and the Royal family.
__________________
  #51  
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 352
I don't think it would take much to make her look younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
That grandmothers hair doesn't help her either.
Her hair needs to change. She's been wearing it the same way for YEARS. She could have a wash and wear style that would be no fuss, but that would look more modern.

She still has a great figure - she's going to be 57 this year!
__________________
  #52  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
At events she is really enjoying, she looks younger than her years, at others she looks quite 'weathered'. I think she does a tremendous job of representing her charities, her country and the Royal family.

It's the weathered look I'm kind of concerned about. At times, she looks fatigued and generally not feeling good. I know she does the most of royal duties (at least I think she does) and perhaps all the work and stress of duty, marriage, press criticism & governmental control has taken a toll on her.
__________________
  #53  
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
I posted this pic in the loving looks and gestures thread. I don't think there are any major problems between Anne and her husband

dancing

(picture from Hola.com)
__________________
  #54  
Old 03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
kelly1972's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Catharines, Canada
Posts: 247
What a fantastic picture of princess Anne and Tim Laurence. You really can see how much they enjoy each others company. I never believed the separation or divorce rumours. This picture to me shows that they're really in love . . Thanks for sharing the pic Sofia!
__________________
  #55  
Old 03-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I posted this pic in the loving looks and gestures thread. I don't think there are any major problems between Anne and her husband
I don't know if I would call it a loving look, more a look and chat between close friends who are on the dance floor. Perhaps, having been told they would not be allowed to divorce, they accepted that and settled down into a 'different' type of relationship.
__________________
  #56  
Old 03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I don't know if I would call it a loving look, more a look and chat between close friends who are on the dance floor. Perhaps, having been told they would not be allowed to divorce, they accepted that and settled down into a 'different' type of relationship.
Well there wasn't really any other thread I felt it should be posted in. It's still a nice picture and shows what I have always believed, the problems this couple have faced are over exaggerated by the press.
__________________
  #57  
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Well there wasn't really any other thread I felt it should be posted in. It's still a nice picture and shows what I have always believed, the problems this couple have faced are over exaggerated by the press.
It is a nice picture, I'm sorry I should have said that. I do think Anne and Tim had problems for a while and it does appear that they have reached an understanding. It is even possible that out of this understanding, they realised that they rub along well together.
__________________
  #58  
Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
LOSSEAN's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NASINU, Fiji
Posts: 260
Well maybe you are better informed than most of us since you are in Britain. I always felt that since they entered this marriage at a mature stage in their lives, they would have agreed on certain arrangements that would be condusive to their respective careers and duties. Therefore they have not placed unreasonable demands on each other.
It is so good to see pictures of the Princess Royal and Tim attending the Royal Birthday celebrations in Norway in this thread as well as those of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester in their Current Events thread. The thread dedicated to the Event itself is so full of repetitive postings of the same pictures.
__________________
  #59  
Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN
Well maybe you are better informed than most of us since you are in Britain. I always felt that since they entered this marriage at a mature stage in their lives, they would have agreed on certain arrangements that would be condusive to their respective careers and duties. Therefore they have not placed unreasonable demands on each other.
Many people getting married the first time, have trouble at first, I hear. Then there are the ones who suffer from the two, seven or 11 year itch.
Second marriages can be as prone to disaster and from what I have seen from our 'mature' friends, age is no guarantee of happy ever after.
I am pleased for them if they have managed to settle into a lasting partnership and perhaps we will see more of them together.
__________________
  #60  
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ny, United States
Posts: 312
That photo looks like they are forcing things, to me. But yes, I would think at this point they would have an arrangement if things weren't going well.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
princess anne, princess royal


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince William current events 17: May 9 - June 4 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 201 06-04-2007 10:19 PM
Prince Harry current events 13: January 23 - March 5 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 210 03-05-2007 03:54 AM
Prince Harry current events 12: November 2006 - January 23, 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 192 01-23-2007 12:57 PM
Prince William current events 14: December 8, 2006 - January 15, 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 201 01-15-2007 12:38 PM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - November 2003 Josefine Current Events Archive 157 11-13-2003 07:37 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]