The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
While it's admirable that Princess Anne does not live by fashion polls, she should try a little bit more. A soft shorter haircut would be a nicer start, and then to send Trinny and Susannah over to Gatscombe would be helpful, too.
I, too, used to be critical of her fashion sense, but on second thought, she is not a very attractive woman, but she lives her life quietly and well. She works very hard and has raised too lovely children. We all can't be beautiful. She could have had plastic surgery and all the help in the world, but she does not seem to be vain and has a good head on her shoulders. She should be praised for all her good efforts.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Gentry

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
The wedding of 1973.
She really was a beautiful bride and her dress had more class and sophistication and style, then any of the other royal brides and that includes Princess Diana's :) . I simply don't understand why she doesn't advertise herself more. New hair do, softer make up ( or perhaps she doesn't wear that much) new line of clothing. Even her Mother has brought up her appearance 100% in the past few years. The Queen is truly looking well turned out and has gotten rid of those prints she wore for years.. IMO of course:)

Old 05-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox6
I, too, used to be critical of her fashion sense, but on second thought, she is not a very attractive woman, but she lives her life quietly and well. She works very hard and has raised too lovely children. We all can't be beautiful. She could have had plastic surgery and all the help in the world, but she does not seem to be vain and has a good head on her shoulders. She should be praised for all her good efforts.
Hi . Just reading your post after I sent mine. I tend to disagree with you view on her looks. She always looks stern, unhappy, a little miserable even, but when she was younger she had a nice quality about her appearance and looks. She has the best figure of any of the royals and has kept it through her exercise of riding etc..Take a look at some back pictures of her, when in her teens and 20's. She could look much more like that if she wanted to.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 AM

I think that she's very much the beautiful lady the public school boys adore. Matronly without the flab. I think she is attractive actually and her fashion sense is a little out of place but her clothes were nice when they were first worn. Now they're a little old fashioned. I think that she had the best wedding dress of all the brides, rivalled only by Camilla's blessing outfit.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Solo round the world yachtswoman Dee Caffari revieves the Trophy from HRH Princess Anne in torrential rain at Ocean Village on May 21, 2006 in Southampton, England. She is the first woman to sail solo around the world against the wind and tide.

from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	244583   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	244584  
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

i think anne looks lovely. her clothes may not be from the top designers but she knows what she likes and and looks good in. as for her hair...i think that's the only think i'd like to see her change.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne (under umbrella) takes the salute of The Royal Scots battalion as they parade for the last time through Edinburgh, Scotland May 26, 2006. The Royal Scots, whose history dates back 373 years, are to merge with the Kings Own Scottish Borderers on Friday to form part of the Royal Regiment of Scotland

from yahoo/reuters
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Courtier

I love the way she is dresses in the theme it seems. Her colours almost match the uniforms. She looks very lovely
Old 05-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Proud Royal Scots march into history

THE proud 373-year reign of the Royal Scots was laid to rest today as crowds lined Princes Street to bid Edinburgh's regiment an emotional farewell.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=781762006
Old 06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne Sighting at Paddington Station - June 7, 2006

1 - Princess Anne arrives by train at Paddington Station in London.
2 - Princess Anne Boarding the 10.17am from Kemble to London Padington and sits in the first class section of the train.

from wireimage :
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Regarding her wardrobe and appearance, I agree with the post stating that Pss Anne dresses for the occasion. I've seen photographs of her in formal attaire where she looked lovely. She appears to me to be a no-nonsense kind of person who is probably much more at home in jeans and mud boots. Her strong affiliation with horse events allows for that. Having been born a royal (rather than having married into it) she strikes me as a realist who understands that being a princess isn't all about what you wear and how you look. I have the utmost respect for her. I think alot of people do.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne in the 29th Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting

from facetoface
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00969674.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	248815   Click image for larger version

Name:	00969675.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	248816   Click image for larger version

Name:	00969676.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	248817   Click image for larger version

Name:	00969677.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	248818  

Name:	00969678.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	248819   Click image for larger version

Name:	00969679.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	248820   Click image for larger version

Name:	00969680.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	248821   Click image for larger version

Name:	00969681.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	248822  

Name:	00969682.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	248823  
Old 06-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Is Tim with the Princess Royal? Are they basically leading separate lives?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Well..I dont like Princess Anne´s hat..it looks weird and old-fashioned...its just my opinion :p
Old 07-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adry
Well..I dont like Princess Anne´s hat..it looks weird and old-fashioned...its just my opinion :p
The hat is not that bad. She basically has no fashion sense, but I don't think she really cares. She is a no nonsense person, but genuine. What you see is what you get. She is not a phony as some in the family. She works hard and does not whine. I used to have a different opinion of her, but I have come to admire her. She doesn't worry what she has on, because her job is more important that her picture.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Of course she´s a hard worker inside the Royal House..nobody can deny the quality of her duties and maybe her way of acting..but definitely her clothing sometimes is out of this world:p
Old 07-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Princess Anne reviews troops during a ceremony commemorating the 90th anniversary of the WW1 Battle of the Somme at Beaumont Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, near Albert July 1, 2006

from yahoo/reuters and getty
as a Canadian, it's nice to see these pics. thanks.:)
Old 07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox6
I think once one settles into marriage she needed less of an effort to keep him. So I think she's settled into who she is and doesn't want to pretend to be someone else. Which is cool. On the other hand her husband is rather attractive I would put forth a LITTLE more effort. But they've been married this long no need to pull out the curlers and makeup now LOL

xx hrh xx
Old 07-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well she had a really nice outfit at Ascot so maybe she's changing her style?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Actually I like this last hat.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
princess anne, princess royal