The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

I hope I can get to watch this!!! Thanks!

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
yes why was it called the queen's lost Family? They were not "lost" in any sense.. they were the queen's Father and uncles and aunt.. and well known
They kind of never talked about poor Prince John though. I have no idea how much of the documentary is about him though.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Queen Mary, consort of George V (1867-1953)

I recommend this Having watched the first instalment of this new interesting 3 part TV documentary which is based on a “cache of recently unearthed letters: here, a bundle of correspondence tucked away at Harewood House, near Leeds, the marital home of Princess Mary, the only daughter of George V and Queen Mary... the letters written by and to the royal siblings and their friends –...”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...share_btn_link
Old 08-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Mary planted a tree in 1922 on the estate of the Holfords.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7379009
Old 08-22-2019, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna View Post
They kind of never talked about poor Prince John though. I have no idea how much of the documentary is about him though.
Nothing.. since the thrust of the programme is about the way George V used his family to rebuild the image of the monarchy after the war..JOhn had died by then and in any case was not ever likely to lead a public life. The programme is about the "new image" of the RF in the 20s and 30s, where they were seen as supporting charities, doing tours, "working for the Firm" and getting respectably married nad having families (all of course except Ed VIII)
Old 08-22-2019, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

Dalriada, Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Very interesting. We hear so little of Princess Mary. I went to Harewood years ago, fantastic Adam interiors & breathtaking garden

Tags
biography, british history, george v, pictures, princess may of teck, queen consort, queen mary, windsor