Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (1930-2002)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a great picture, Iceflower. I think they all look great. It may not be one of Pss Margaret's more glamourous photos, but I think she looks wonderful: very natural and approachable and content.

I'm glad you liked the pic, Bella :flowers: I found one at Olycom I had not seen before. Margaret, Sarah and David look quite good on it, but I do not like the arrangement around the little globe that much:

Portrait Margaret, Sarah, David 1987

I share your opinion, Iceflower, with that globe it looks a bit philistine and the colour of it does not match with Sarah's dress, but it's an interesting pic. I like the one from the 70ss you posted before that much better. Thank you!!

i love the margaret pics. she really was very glamorous and until shortly before she passed away she was still quite beautiful too.

Here's a very nice portrait of Princess Margaret by Pietro Annigoni, it's one of the objects that were sold at the Christies auction in June 2006:

Margaret

Wow. What a great portrait! I've never seen this one before. Many thanks, Iceflower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironically, the purchaser was her son Viscount Linley, who had put it up for auction in the first place.

That is a very famous portrait.
HRH Princess Margaret & Lord Snowden were integral in discovering
Annignoni and making him "cult status" at one point, I think.
He had an iconoclastic side tohim too.
the portrait is exquisitely beautiful.
Princess Margaret was a beauty and she is
painted so definitively here.

Maybe one of the best portraits of Margaret as a young woman, I hope it has not been posted before. It was taken by Lord Snowdon in 1967 :) :

Margaret 1967

Wow....what an utterly gorgeous picture! She looks divine. It's very artistic; my sister knows how to take photographs like that, and she took a picture of me for her class a couple of years ago.

I always have liked that portrait, I believe that reflect princess Margaret's essence.​
Continuing with the princess's portraits, one belongs to my favorites, princess even in the bathtub!!. If fix you Lord Snowdon appears in bathrobe to the left of the photo.
http://i16.tinypic.com/2uqkjo6.jpg

What a unique picture! She managed to looked relaxed and royal at the same time. Thanks for sharing that with us! :)

Great photo of Pss Margaret, Iceflower. She looks so young and (almost) innocent. Very beautiful.

I'm glad you all liked my pics!! :flowers:
Madjenn, yours is quite interesting as to it's contrasts, thanks a lot!

Here is a wonderful portrait of princess Margaret and her children, they all look very good on it:

Portrait 1978

This has always been one of my (if not the) most favorite photos of Pss Margaret and her children. I don't know if it's the lighting, the pose or what but they all look exceptionally good. Thanks for posting this!

sensational...both the subject and the photography!!!!

Margaret’s 'love child' in court fight

One would think the Queen has quite enough to contend with, what with Prince Harry’s latest alcohol-fuelled scrape and Mohamed Al Fayed’s demand to put Prince Charles in the witness box at Princess Diana’s inquest.
However, another irritating - and potentially embarrassing - affair is about to present itself.

Man claims to be illegitimate son of queen's sister

An accountant who claims he may be the illegitimate son of princess Margaret, the late sister of Queen Elizabeth II, was in court on Tuesday trying to prove his royal blood

The moment a princess fell for a gangster

A pretty interesting article regarding the Princess back in the 70's and her behavior on Mustique.

The moment a princess fell for a gangster

This week it was claimed armed robbers tried to steal steamy pictures of Princess Margaret and her gangster lover from a bank vault. So just what DID the pair get up to - and what did those photographs show?

As the dark red sun sank into the shimmering Caribbean sea, a tall, muscular man and a petite, curvaceous woman with perfect porcelain skin and sparkling blue eyes made love on the beach.

The moment a princess fell for a gangster | the Daily Mail

HRH Kimetha said:
As the dark red sun sank into the shimmering Caribbean sea, a tall, muscular man and a petite, curvaceous woman with perfect porcelain skin and sparkling blue eyes made love on the beach.
Who writes this stuff? Barbara Cartland?

The Daily Mail is getting desperate without Diana, isn't it? Good grief.

Elspeth said:
The Daily Mail is getting desperate without Diana, isn't it? Good grief.

But they still have Paul Burrell around.:D :ROFLMAO:

Just heard two most glorious anecdotes about Princess Margaret.

1. Apparantly, Lord Snowdon was bisexual. Some gushing American hostess once asked HRH, "How is the Queen?" to which Margaret replied; "Which one? My sister, my mother or my husband".

2. The last days of the Princess's life were quite hard. She was in constant pain and was truly suffering. She turned not to prayer but to Batman, which she watched on endless videos supplied by ITV and the BBC.

We shall never see her like again.

Robert Brown, the Jersey man claiming to be the illegitimate son of Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend has failed in his attempt to obtain access to the Princess's will and the Queen Mother's will. It appears the judge wasn't impressed by his claim.

BBC NEWS | UK | Princess's 'son' court bid fails

Well it certainly looks as if he didn't! :eek:

A very contrary Princess - why did the charming Margaret turn into the most unpopular royal?

A very contrary Princess - why did the charming Margaret turn into the most unpopular royal? | the Daily Mail

gfg2, you may be interested in checking out this thread in the Royal Library I started about the book.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/new-book-about-princess-margaret-life-unravelled-13131.html

The Daily Mail is doing some installments of the book about Princess Margaret. The author was able to talk to some close confidantes of the Princess and it promises to make a very good read.

She had an amazing wit and when Margaret was younger she was so beautiful. Margaret and Diana were the most glamorous of the House of Windsor.

Margaret did not live like a poor person . She lived life up to the full till the day she died, she was always having parties and having fun in her younger years, but in her older years things got a little more depressing after she divorced. david and Sarah inherited everything after she died.

Back
Top Bottom