The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely!
Every inch a Princess!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Nobility

As Princess Margaret being my favorite princess, I have to say she was the last real princess. If Zara were a princess she would be just like Margaret, she is in personality and everything else but not the title. There will never be another princess like Margaret or should I say ma'm darling!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Aristocracy

I thought I read somewhere that Lord Snowdon used to call her "PM-darling"
Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Lord Snowdon used to call her "PM-darling"
He probably did. I don't think she let people just call her just Margaret it was either ma'm, Your Royal Highness, or for people she was close to it was ma'm darling.I read she would get mad at people that did not adress her properly.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to the Telegraph, Robert Brown, the man who claims to be Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend's illegitimate son, has won the right to have a hearing over his demand to access the wills of Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother.

Princess Margaret 'love child' wins wills hearing - Telegraph

In the article it says that if he's correct that he's Princess Margaret's son, it would make him 12th in line for the throne. Apparently the Telegraph writer doesn't appreciate that being an illegitimate child would bar him from the succession.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Nobility

"She was far too intelligent for her station in life." Gore Vidal
Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

What is this guy hoping to achieve? Does he really think that - after a lifetime where she did not visit him or contact him or acknowledge him - she left him something in her will? This makes absolutely no sense to me.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
In the article it says that if he's correct that he's Princess Margaret's son, it would make him 12th in line for the throne. Apparently the Telegraph writer doesn't appreciate that being an illegitimate child would bar him from the succession.
And apparently the fact that Margaret's children were bumped down to 13th and below in the succession with the birth of Viscount Severn has escaped them too.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Can I just ask, where was the Princess when she was supposedly pregnant with this guy? Did she disappear from the public eye for a few months? Does this story have a remote chance of being accurate?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Far as I know, she didn't. One of the papers was making a big deal about a photo of her at an engagement where she was holding a bunch of flowers, and the implication was that she was hiding a bump. But she was surrounded by people, and even if the photographer only got a photo of her with the flowers hiding her waistline, the people near her would have seen her from the side.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

What a media circus this would all become if by some insane chance he was the illegitimate child of the late Peter Townsend and Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon.

And, for humour sake, what do you think would happen afterwards? Publically acknowledged? An audience with the Queen? A visit to Balmoral?

Personally, he reminds me of a used car salesman. Just missing the neckbrace and coffee stained tie.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

is their a picture of the guy?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Highly doubt it's even remotely true. Harry's Polo, you probably could Google the guy and hit the "Images" bar to find a pic.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The queen despite being four years older than Margaret, looked several years YOUNGER than Margaret with these pics.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I just read about that character (who is claiming to be their son) in the biography of Princess Margaret by Tim Heald . He debunked it pretty well using information from Townsend. It's astonishing to me that Lord Snowden (who in the book seems quite intent on ruining any reputation she had left) is planning to write his own tale. He was also quoted extensively in the book by Heald. Although it hasn't been published in the U.S. it is available for purchase on Amazon....

I'm wondering how this bloke won the court over considering that Townsend denied it -- with proof! I'm ignorant of British law and wonder if anyone can explain what he's gained?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naut2bGrimaldi View Post

I'm wondering how this bloke won the court over considering that Townsend denied it -- with proof! I'm ignorant of British law and wonder if anyone can explain what he's gained?
The court case that he has been given the right to appeal isn't about his parentage. It's stictly about the unsealing of royal wills.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

so... they are unsealing the will? What would he gain from that?

Old 02-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
so... they are unsealing the will? What would he gain from that?
Satisfaction of curiosity?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Majesty

It seems to me that if she never publicly acknowledged her "son" in life, she's unlikely to do it in her will. I wonder if he's ever harrassed Sarah Chatto or David Linley?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Nobility

Ok, this seems like a pretty humiliating movie about the princess, don't know much about what it's about, but maybe Google it and find more.
FOUND: Radio Ham's sensational tape of the bank heist 'that rescued compromising pictures of Princess Margaret' | the Daily Mail

Tags
countess of snowdon, princess margaret, wedding