The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Gentry

Lady Arabella Stuart (1575-1615)

arbella stuart was the daughter of charles stuart and elizabeth cavendish Preview Page she was at one time heir to the english throne a political pawn and a woman who married for love and her grandmother was the formidable bess of hardwick countess of shewsbury

Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary stuart View Post
arbella stuart was the daughter of charles stuart and elizabeth cavendish Preview Page she was at one time heir to the english throne a political pawn and a woman who married for love and her grandmother was the formidable bess of hardwick countess of shewsbury
Great topic! I've always wanted to find out more about her.
Once I've read in a source that she had a child. I wonder if this could have been true.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Gentry

sadly i dont think she did but she did marry william seymour duke of somerset whos grandmother was lady cathrine grey whos sister was lady jane grey and lady mary grey charles stuart mother was margreat douglas who was imprisond during henry 8th time for loving lord charles howard brother of queen cathrine howard and his brother was henry lord darnly :)
Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Gentry

arbella stuart was an orphan at a early age her father died when she was baby her mother elizabeth died on the 21st january 1582 arbella was 6 yrs old
Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

I read a book a few years ago called "Arbella, Englands lost queen". I can't remember the authors name but I am sure you will find it if you go to google. Her grandmother, Bess of Hardwick, ruled her with a rod of iron, and Arbella rebelled. I think she made a couple of attempts to get away. I also think that she was tipped to be the successor of Elizabeth1.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Gentry

lady of hay the book arbella is by sarah gristwood its a great read and also why i opend this thred as she was contender for the thrones and she certainly did rebell agaist bess her grandmother who did seem a bit of marianet and queen elizabeth used her a politcal tool to keep james vi and 1st in check she did not have it easy and she may also opf had porphiria
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Gentry

when arbella was at the court of king james the vi she was queen annes carver which took a lot a of skill and knowing about diffrent bird to cut also arbella bought the cavendish family baronatage