Her Majesty Queen Alexandra: 18441925, Queen consort of Edward VII of Great Britain, whom she married in 1863. She was the daughter of King Christian IX of Denmark, sister of Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia.
She was especially patient with her hubby's infidelity. And her people loved her. She had a big switch going from the danish lifestyle to the British, but seems to have had adapted well. I love the fact she introduced some new jewels to the RF. It's a pity at least one tiara was sold.
She is one of the most beautiful and elegant queen I have ever seen.
Even though she had a problem on hearing but she still gained the love and admiration of the people.
__________________ Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny ~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
1. 1856--Earliest known photograph of Princess Alexandra. Seen here with her sisters Dagmar (facing forward) and Thyra (on the pony).
2. 1860--This was one of the photographs that brought the Princess to the notice of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert as a possible wife for their oldest son Prince Albert Edward 'Bertie' (later King Edward VII).
3. 1862--Alix with her sister Dagmar (later Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia)
4. 1863--Newly married couple
5. 1864--Alix with her first born, Prince Albert Victor (Eddy)
6. 1876--Alix with her children, Prince Albert Victor (facing forward), Prince George (leaning with his elbow), Princess Louise (on the floor), Princess Victoria (facing forward), Princess Maud (leaning against her mother).
7. 1884--Princess Alexandra, Princess of Wales
8. 1892--Alix with her oldest granddaughter, Lady Alexandra Duff (daughter of Princess Louise)
9. 1895--Prince and Princess of Wales
10. 1921--Queen Alexandra (her son was now King George V)