The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > British Royal History

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 PM

I still haven't any further clues about Sara Samuelsdotter and the '400 year gap'. Will be back here to post about it should any info arise ! Am still searching. . . .

Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 PM

Hi Cats Eye & Marion,
I am also a descendant of Sara Samuelsdotter & Robert Wylley (Wylie). I am in Australia & have found information back to these 2 but can go no further. Like you Cat's Eye, I was a little perplexed about the 400 year gap so I am hoping you might be able to shed more light.
Look forward to hearing from you :)

Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Hi Birdie,
I haven't uncovered any other clues about the 400 year time gap ! I'm beginning to believe there are many typo-errors on the internet as well as in the family tree searches ! Everyone else I've queried doesn't know...or doesn't answer ! Have my eyes and ears open....discover anything of value, I'll be back here to post it. Hopefully you can uncover some info I may have missed. :-)
Old 07-18-2014, 05:01 PM

The Arms shown as my avatar & on my profile ('Gules bizanty on a canton a raven sable'), were recorded for Sir Roger d'Wasseburne in abt. 1285 (St. Georges Roll) ...

We have been trying to find the la Zouch with le Corbet connection and I recently stumbled onto what appears to be the best possible origin ...

As we know, Lady Sybilla le Corbet was a known mistress of Henry I, having several children by the king, one of which has been suggested to be Princess Maud (Matilda Fitzroy), b. abt 1091, m. Duke Conan III "le Gross" of Bretagne. Their daughter, Princess Constance of Bretagne, b. abt 1113, m. Alan la Zouche, son of Geoffrey I la Zouche de PorhoŽt - Vicomte de PorhoŽt. The timing fits, the general illegitimate nature of a cantoned charge also fits, So we now have a bit more direction as to where to concentrate the research ...

Having spotted this website and thread, I was hoping maybe someone here might have suggestions that would help?

Thank you for any hints,

Rev. Daniel Washburn Jones
dwj452 at Ancestry.com & aol.com