Your Favourite Historical British Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lizz70 said:
Out of all of them though, I think Queen Elizabeth 1. Amazing woman!

I definitely agree. She was definitely a woman to admire.

My favorite Royal would have to be Diana, Princess of Wales. Her compassion, beauty, and strength is some of the reasons why she is my role model.

I am a great admirer of British Royalty.

- I admire Queen Elizabeth I for sacrificing any marital dreams for the sake of making England great.
- Queen Victoria for presiding over a period of expansion for the British Empire and extending justice and fairness to the colonies (even tho' the really big fish
had gotten away by then).
- Queen Elizabeth II for her devotion to duty.
- The Queen Mother for her love in 'standing by her man' and helping conquer his stammer, plus the courage and boldness she displayed, staying put with her
daughters in Britain during WWII

But my favourite will always be Diana, Princess of Wales. She was a breath of fresh air to the BRF. But I am sorry they tossed her away...

Last edited:
rhenae said:
My favorite Royal would have to be Diana, Princess of Wales. Her compassion, beauty, and strength is some of the reasons why she is my role model.

I totally agree with you, diana don't only was a great women and mother, she was a great princess.
Never will be another like her

Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Alexandra.

Of the current RF, Prince Harry.....just because I think he's cute. That one is just purely superficial.

My admiration was always for Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. A great lady.

My favorite is H.R.H Diana, Princess of Wales.
Diana was beautiful different kind and fragile. Qualities that the everyday person could relate to.

I'd say Peter and Zara Phillips because they are both down to earth and normal.Zara has worked hard to achieve her equestrian career and she became a really attractive woman.And Peter is cute:wub:
I love also Princess Diana for all her charity work

Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. Prince Charles is closest to my heart ecause I would like to see how a flawed character person to do a great job. Prince Charles shows me his ambition,his strength, and his duty to be a good king and do a good job. I shall learn from him.

Diana because she gave people hope. She would bring hope and happiness to peoples lives. She made them believe that you can make it and come outh the other side a much better person. No matter what people say, not many people can do this!

my favourite royal is definitely the countess of wessex because she seems to be intelligent, has learnt very much since her wedding, supports the royal family and i think especially her husband abd obviously it was real love they married for.
second would be edward because he seems to be really smart and lovely and has never given up although media didn t like him till he found his wife and had a daughter. slowly they recognize what he s really like i think.

in the past it wouldprobably be queen victoria becuase it s amazing how long she reigned and even a period of time is called after ehr so she has to have been a special kind of person!

Princess Marina - an all time favorite! She had such beauty and style....
Queen Alexandra, also for her style and beauty....
Queen Mary, for undying devotion to the Monarchy and for giving the House of Windsor a TRUE ROYAL matriarch.

LLaura said:
Who is your favorite British royal ever, past or present?

Mine has to be Henry VIII. He has a very interesting history and his 2 daughters were such interesting queens!
My favourite British royal is HM Queen Elizabeth II for her dedication and sacrifices as a wife,mother and Head of State.

I think Queen Alexandra. Not only because of her great beauty and her seemingly eternal youth, but she always appeared the picture of grace and dignity, esp. in the face of her cad husband flaunting his mistresses practically in front of her. She also didn't seem to let her physical limitations deter her.

There are a lot of people I like (past and present), but The Queen was always my favourite since my childhood days; I absolutely got hooked by her beauty from old photos from the 1940s and 50s. But, of course, she´s always been one of the most remarkable monarchs in Britain and she´s a fantastic sovereign!
But there are also some Royals, who are not that much in the spotlight
or even forgotten(?), like Prince William of Gloucester, his mother Alice
or the present Duke and Duchess of G. who catch my imagination.

Queen Elizabeth I, because of her role in shaping England into a leading state.

Of all the royals? Diana, bar none, hands down. She was like a bridge between the aloof monarchy and the common person.

Living? Prince William. Luckily, he inherited his mother's compassion and...ahem...good looks.

My favourite all time British Royals would be:
  1. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales
  2. Queen Elizabeth II
  3. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
  4. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
  5. Anne Boleyn

My favourite is P. Diana, the other ones seem to live far away from people.

I would say Prince Wiliam he is a wonderful guy I still don't know how he keeps some of his private life actually private being that he is such from a famous royal family.And he helps the less forunate too which is a plus.

Canute II the Great...

Because he was the only danish king who has tried to rule England. Believe it or not - in the good old days Denmark was a great power ruling Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Northern Germany, England, Greenland and Iceland. Something really bad must have happend since we are one of the smallest countries in the world today.... !

:neutral:

Fav British Royals

My favorite British Royals are (in no particular order)

1) Diana, Princess of Wales
2) Elizabeth I (who did a lot of great things for England...could have turned out a lot worse due to her childhood)
3) George VI
4) Catherine Parr (who managed to survive Henry VIII, established a home for his children, and maintained a strong Protestant faith)

my favorite.....Diana, the Princess of Wales and Queen Elizabeth II

For me it's Queen Elizabeth II, which makes queen so long and she always keeps her head high! :flowers:

Helena said:
My favourites are Queen Victoria and her (tragic) daughter Victoria-Adelaide aka Vicky aka the Empress Frederick, very interesting & intelligent women!

It was such a tragedy how Emperor William I of Germany treated his mother so: Albert, if he had been alive, would have been furious!

Princess Alexandra of Kent and the Duchess of Gloucester!

Beautiful, loyal, elegant, discreet, supporters of the Crown!

c0_c0nspirators said:
Katarina Vukcic-Kosaca (1424-1478), the last Queen of Bosnia, ardent Catholic, wife of the Bosnian King Stjepan Tomasevic (1461-1463), is still one of the most beloved personalities among the Croats living in Bosnia.
katarina.jpg

Her husband was killed by the Ottamans and her children lost to her. She spent the rest of her life in exile trying to help her people and recover her son and daughter. Known as the Black Queen because of her sorrow.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that my mother is Croation born in Mostar Bosnia in 1940 and she had never heard of this queen! Then again she is no where near as interested as I am!

Queen Elizabeth II. She personalizes everything that monarchy is about.:flowers:

My favourite is DIANA. I admire her. Because of her, I became a fan of royality.!

Back
Top Bottom