The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Well this is my first ever post that i have started golly i feel so proud of myseld...muhahahaha anyways back to the topic....i was wondering if Europe was to become one great kingdom ruled by a royal family who do you think of all European royalty should rule it and why??? ^__^ i would love to hear your opinion and thanks in advance for those who do reply to this ^___^

adios amigos :woot:

Old 05-22-2004, 09:24 AM

one of the Monaco royalties.Beautiful Charlotte or Handsome Pierre! Andrea is just too scruffy for my liking either them or Princess Alexandra of Denmark!

Old 05-23-2004, 01:19 AM

Ridiculous notion. But in the spirit of ... friendship? I would have to say the Danish Royal Family, it's the oldest and least scandal-plagued of the relevant ones.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
hillary_nugent  Posted: May 22nd, 2004 - 7:34 am

wondering if Europe was to become one great kingdom ruled by a royal family who do you think of all European royalty should rule it and why???
Thanks "hillary_nugent" on your first post.

Your topic has - in fact - come up in some discussions.

I am inclined to think that the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.
If a royal family will lead it, that is a further development ..... putting on my "see into the distance spec's" I can see a current monarch being chosen for a five-year term, in a fashion similar to what occurs in Malayasia. I imagine the selection will be like that at present in use of the current (and future) governors of the ECB. Politics and diplomacy at the fore !!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

thanks for replying Uther...er...in the spirit of 'friendship' hahahaha...very nice of u too and thanks to La_princessa and king Christian too...i thought no one would really bother to reply as it is a rather sill idea....hahahah even i think it is and i hope it doesn't happen because i like the idea of many royal family with different cultures....but u never can be sure of what may happen in the future...i'm sure people centuries ago did not imagine life in the future to be like the way it is present with the exception of perhaps Nostradamus....hahahahaha
Old 05-23-2004, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:27 am
I am inclined to think that the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.
I presume you are talking of having the EU evolve into a "United States of Europe".
As a Die-hard believer in the sanctity of Denmark's independence, I can assure you that should it come to that it will be over my dead body.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke of Earl+May 23rd, 2004 - 7:23 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Duke of Earl &#064; May 23rd, 2004 - 7:23 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@May 23rd, 2004 - 1:27 am
I am inclined to think that the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.&nbsp;
I presume you are talking of having the EU evolve into a "United States of Europe".
As a Die-hard believer in the sanctity of Denmark&#39;s independence, I can assure you that should it come to that it will be over my dead body.[/b][/quote]
I&#39;m with you on this one Duke of Earl, I would never accept anything less than independence. It would be a disgrace if Denmark were to be lumped together with the rest of Europe&#39;s countries , it&#39;s bad enough that we have to subsidize them through the EU . I have never met a Dane, regardless of political persuasion, who would welcome or even tolerate a United States of Europe.
The notion of this is enough to make me

But King Christian, how about officially making Canada the 51st. state :woot: :woot:
Old 05-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 23rd, 2004 - 7:02 am
But King Christian, how about officially making Canada the 51st. state :woot: :woot:
How about we make the USA the 11th province or 4th territory instead?
Old 05-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Duke of Earl&nbsp; Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 6:23 am
Quote:
the idea of "United States of Europe" is not too far off.
As a Die-hard believer in the sanctity of Denmark&#39;s independence, I can assure you that should it come to that it will be over my dead body.
It will probably take so long to develop, that in all likelihood it will be over your &#39;dead body&#39;.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lyonnaise&nbsp; Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 7:59 am
...pssst .... don&#39;t tell &#39;em..... it already is the 4th.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Commoner

United States of Europe, Yeah right
That one was too far fetched King Christian, not in a million years :P
Old 05-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

Sounds like Bismark&#39;s machinations to have Prussia take over all of the small German principalities in the 19th century.

If I remember correctly that led directly into World War I.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

maybe the british royal family... but i would love to have maxima as queen in the EU...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 23rd, 2004 - 8:27 am
Quote:
Lyonnaise*&nbsp; Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 7:59 am
...pssst .... don&#39;t tell &#39;em..... it already is the 4th.
Uh, as an American, I don&#39;t think so???
Old 06-11-2004, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Golly..United States of Europe??? Indeed NOT&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m not European [i&#39;m Australian] and even i would dread such an event....Europe would just torally lose the very essence that makes is Europe&#33;&#33;&#33; i can not imagine a United States of Europe and if such an event did happen the world would be doomed&#33; That would mean only one government would have the authorative power??? O___O Europe is just to large in the sense of culture and lifestyle to be under the rule of one government >__<
Old 06-11-2004, 06:39 AM
Nobility

As long as it&#39;s not the windsors I don&#39;t care.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

A interesting question. I believe in the sixties or fifties even general de Gaulle and other prominent people had come to the conclusion that the Luxembourg royals should be the hereditary heasd of europe....The family is Nassau (satisfies the Netherlands & Germany), untill the 80-ties they were princes of Bourbon-Parma as well 9which would satisfy Spain, Italy and France), GD Josephine-Charlotte is from Belgium & the monarchy is so small that it wouldn t cauuse to much jealousy among the other monarchies. But since then much has changed..I do not think that there will ever be a united states of europe, and if there will be one, it will not be a monarchy.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

This will be hard to do, should it ever come to pass.

Each monarch represents the social contract in his/her country, and all that it means. "Social contracts" are largely unwritten. They&#39;re a set of common expectations and customs and, most importantly, a set of obligations each citizen or subject owes to other citizens or subjects. Commoners have obligations to kings and queens and vice versa. This can lead to laws, but social contracts go much deeper than laws. Each monarch also stands for national identity and patriotism, things closely related to social contract. A social contract enhances patriotism and national identity makes it much easier to have a social contract.

It will have to be worked out. Just who the best royals will be is anybody&#39;s guess and the candidates may be the ones we see in christening pictures, not their parents.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Iain@Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:39 am
As long as it&#39;s not the windsors I don&#39;t care.
muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DITTO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 11-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
if europe would become united i do not think there would be a king or queen of europe
Yes...the monarchies have dropped like flies. I don't think the European people would be very happy with a king or queen for a head of state. And, it's my impression [please correct away if I'm wrong] is that some of the monarchies- like those of Great Britain and Spain- are fairly weak, with the people leaning towards abolishing them.
I live in the US and I tell ya- I'd love to have a monarch for a head of state. Beats a president any day.