The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who was the most beautiful Crown Princess in the past?
Paola of Belgium 152 42.58%
Sofia of Spain 27 7.56%
Sonja of Norway 38 10.64%
Silvia of Sweden 54 15.13%
Elizabeth II of Great Britain 50 14.01%
Margarethe of Denmark 27 7.56%
Beatrix of Netherlands 9 2.52%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2015, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The Shah's first wife was Fawzia, princess of Egypt. But she isn't well known at all. So yes, the one you mean was Soraya, his second wife. Soraya was an outstanding beauty. I agree that she was in the same league as Paola and Grace.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I think at Fawzia also she was stunning. More than Soraya i believe.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Paola in her youth was an absolute stunner! So beautiful!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I think at Fawzia also she was stunning. More than Soraya i believe.
I agree, both women were beautiful but I think Fawzia had something more, maybe because she has a more classic look.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

Paola gets my vote.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

Why is there no Anne Marie of Greece in this poll? :(
I've always thought of Anne Marie. She's pristinely beautiful and gives off the impression of a shy beauty that is so charming. Truly amazing beauty even more beautiful than any renowned beauty I know until now.
In my own opinion :)

But for this poll, Paola, Queen of the Belgians gets my vote, too. She was very beautiful even when she just stares somewhere with a blank expression! Although her beauty somewhat faded away when she reached her 40's (smoking, ehem), no one can beat her beauty among the other choices in this poll back in their 20's-30's.

Queen Silvia is very beautiful back then until now, too!
Queen Margrethe is also a stunning beauty since her teens to the time she reached mid-30's. Well the 3 Danish sisters were real beauties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
But my favorite Royal lady as a beauty was not a Queen: It's Maria Nicholaievna . The daughter of the last Tsar Nicholas II. This is in beauty standards, for if I must choice a royal lady in a whole, my favorite one, I should choice Empress Alexandra Feodorovna of Russia and then, her elder daughter, Grand Duchess Olga Nicholaievna.

Vanesa.
I sooo much agree with you, Vanesa. GD Maria Nikolaevna (the one in my avatar) is the most beautiful woman I consider, that if ever I had a choice to choose how I'd look like before I was born, I would choose to look like her! (copycat xD

Princess Alix of Hesse-Darmstadt later the last Tsarina of Russia, Alexandra Feodorovna, is a very beautiful woman, too. She has a sad expression in most of her photos back then but when she smiles, awesome! However, her elder sister, Princess Elisabeth of Hesse-Darmstadt later GD Elizaveta Feodorovna of Russia is more beautiful~ethereally beautiful!!
With regards to Nicholas II's daughters, the GD Tatiana Nikolaevna is the most beautiful actually - an ethereal beauty, too - and I bet had she lived and became Edward VIII of UK's wife, she would've outshone all the queens back in 1920's. She looks very, very beautiful, too - when she had short hair like Audrey Hepburn's, she looked more beautiful than Audrey (why? Because she had no makeup then and yet looked stunning)

However, I'm too biased - will forever be Maria Nikolaevna's fan. She's forever #1 followed by Anne-Marie.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:36 AM
Majesty

I agree. Anne-Marie of Greece was one of the most beautiful young princesses in Europe!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyashka View Post
Why is there no Anne Marie of Greece in this poll? :(
I've always thought of Anne Marie. She's pristinely beautiful and gives off the impression of a shy beauty that is so charming. Truly amazing beauty even more beautiful than any renowned beauty I know until now.
In my own opinion :)

But for this poll, Paola, Queen of the Belgians gets my vote, too. She was very beautiful even when she just stares somewhere with a blank expression! Although her beauty somewhat faded away when she reached her 40's (smoking, ehem), no one can beat her beauty among the other choices in this poll back in their 20's-30's.

Queen Silvia is very beautiful back then until now, too!
Queen Margrethe is also a stunning beauty since her teens to the time she reached mid-30's. Well the 3 Danish sisters were real beauties!

I sooo much agree with you, Vanesa. GD Maria Nikolaevna (the one in my avatar) is the most beautiful woman I consider, that if ever I had a choice to choose how I'd look like before I was born, I would choose to look like her! (copycat xD

Princess Alix of Hesse-Darmstadt later the last Tsarina of Russia, Alexandra Feodorovna, is a very beautiful woman, too. She has a sad expression in most of her photos back then but when she smiles, awesome! However, her elder sister, Princess Elisabeth of Hesse-Darmstadt later GD Elizaveta Feodorovna of Russia is more beautiful~ethereally beautiful!!
With regards to Nicholas II's daughters, the GD Tatiana Nikolaevna is the most beautiful actually - an ethereal beauty, too - and I bet had she lived and became Edward VIII of UK's wife, she would've outshone all the queens back in 1920's. She looks very, very beautiful, too - when she had short hair like Audrey Hepburn's, she looked more beautiful than Audrey (why? Because she had no makeup then and yet looked stunning)

However, I'm too biased - will forever be Maria Nikolaevna's fan. She's forever #1 followed by Anne-Marie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree. Anne-Marie of Greece was one of the most beautiful young princesses in Europe!
Might it be because Anne-Marie was never a Crown Princess? She went from being a Danish princess to a Greek queen.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I completely, 100% agree with every word. I think Elizabeth was lovely as a young woman, but she simply was not in Paola's league.

Only a couple of women were in Paola's league imo, the last Shah of Iran's first wife(was her name Soraya?) and of course Princess Grace.
HRH The Princess of Liege (later HM Queen Paola of the Belgians) and HRH The Princess of Hanover,
(the former - twice) Hereditary Princess of Monaco; Caroline was Hereditary Princess of Monaco from her birth until Prince Albert's birth 14 months later, and again from Albert's accession to the the Monegasque throne in 2005 until her niece's, HSH Princess Gabriella (who herself was Hereditary Princess for 2 minutes), birth
Old 12-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Nobility

I see that mostly European ladies have been mentioned in the thread. While I won't say she was the most beautiful crown princess I think she was one of the most beautiful - Crown Princess Sangey Deki of Sikkim. She died at 25 before becoming queen. Her husband, Palden Thondup Namgyal, went on to marry the American Hope Cook who became the new crown princess.

There are not a lot of photos of Sangey Deki.

This is the first one I ever saw of her:

Darjeeling Unlimited :: Princess from Tibet

This short pdf file is about her life and includes what few photos exist of her. It is titled 'Princess from Tibet' because she was Tibetan.

http://www.darjeeling-unlimited.com/...from_Tibet.pdf
Old 12-14-2015, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I voted for Silvia, because, of those in the list, I think she was the most beautiful. Paola was lovely, but there's something about Silvia's face that I prefer. If Grace Kelly had been in the list, she would have had my vote.

All those in the list are Europeans, but there have been, and are, some real beauties to the East.

Princess Gayatri Devi of Cooch Behar who became Maharani Consort of Jaipur:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...0iMsNdJh6MC6FV

Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan http://i.imgur.com/j9RY5jF.jpg

Queen Sirikit of Thailand https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d5efb866e5.jpg
Old 12-14-2015, 03:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I voted for Silvia, because, of those in the list, I think she was the most beautiful. Paola was lovely, but there's something about Silvia's face that I prefer. If Grace Kelly had been in the list, she would have had my vote.

All those in the list are Europeans, but there have been, and are, some real beauties to the East.

Princess Gayatri Devi of Cooch Behar who became Maharani Consort of Jaipur:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...0iMsNdJh6MC6FV

Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan http://i.imgur.com/j9RY5jF.jpg

Queen Sirikit of Thailand https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d5efb866e5.jpg
They are all beautiful ladies but none were crown princesses. I was trying to think of someone who was a crown princess at some point. Of course some of the choices in the poll were never crown princesses either so I suppose it doesn't really matter.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Serene Highness

There are several very beautiful crown princesses from older generations, such as crown princess Margareta of Sweden (née princess Margaret of Connaught), princess Alexandra of Wales (née princess Alexandra of Denmark) and her sister tsarevna Maria Feodorovna of Russia (née princess Dagmar of Denmark), or crown princess Cecilie of Prussia (née duchess Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin).
Old 12-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Courtier

I don't understand why Queen Silvia is an option. She was never a Princess. She married a King therefore becoming Queen.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Shah's first wife was Fawzia, princess of Egypt. But she isn't well known at all. So yes, the one you mean was Soraya, his second wife. Soraya was an outstanding beauty. I agree that she was in the same league as Paola and Grace.
Empress Fawzia of Iran
Attached Images