The Most Beautiful Crown Princess Of The Past?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who was the most beautiful Crown Princess in the past?

• Paola of Belgium

Votes: 162 44.5%
  • Sofia of Spain

Votes: 26 7.1%
  • Sonja of Norway

Votes: 41 11.3%
  • Silvia of Sweden

Votes: 54 14.8%
  • Elizabeth II of Great Britain

Votes: 43 11.8%
  • Margarethe of Denmark

Votes: 29 8.0%
  • Beatrix of Netherlands

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
my vote goes to Paola of Belgium!:wub:
absolutely stunning woman!:eek:

Sofia of Spain!
She is still a very beautiful lady!

Paola had a delicate ethereal quality, yet it was so right for the time that she was young, the 60's and 70's. Of course, it would be great to look like that at any period in history, but I always thought Paola was well-suited in looks to the mod 60's and odd 70's.
I so agree with you! Paola would be beautiful in any era but her look really suited that era of the 60's and 70's.:flowers: Simply stunning!

Where can i find a photo of the queen paola in the past?

Elizabeth---she epitomized the glamour of the forties and fifties. All of the others were beautiful--especially MII, but whenever I see pictures or portraits of Elizabeth in those gorgeous gowns and jewels, smiling, well, she just looks radiant.

Good heavens...that last picture!! It almost seems unfair that one woman could have sooo much beauty!

The remaining royal ladies have never been described as being beautiful by historians or journalists or camera-men of their era, but they disposed other very important attributes.
As one member posted, Queen Sofia, for example, has always been extremely spontaneous, candid and charming but not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination. The same is also true about QEII, Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe. What is true is that as they matured, most of them became very distinguished-looking.

As far as I know, it does not take much imagination, actually, no imagination at all to describe QEII, the then Princess Elizabeth as beautiful, perhaps not super model gorgeous, but her smile was and is absolutely fantastic, and I'm sure she was described as such by "historians or journalists or camera-men of their era" In fact, I'm almost positive. Give me a couple weeks to get through my final exams, and I'll re-read my biographies of her, and I'll let you know. But I can easily call her a beautiful woman, then, and now.

i think that paola was the most beautiful after i have to say sonja then silvia!

Yes, Maybe Paola was the mos beautiful beautiful, but She wasn`t Crown Princess.

yes paola was the most stunning....according to me her grandaughter laetitia maria will succeed her in this field ....well as a stunning princess anyways....you can also see a lot of her in amadeo as well and he is one handsome boy...

Paola was the wife of the first successor, so....

Yes, Maybe Paola was the mos beautiful beautiful, but She wasn`t Crown Princess.

:ermm:Well, in Belgium the first successor to the throne may not be called Crown Prince, but because King Boudewijn and Queen Fabiola had no children, Prince [now King] Albert stayed the first heir to the Belgium throne.
And as Princess [now Queen] Paola is since almost fifty years his wife, she always was the wife of the first heir to the throne. [so, I think she was CP, more or less.:flowers:]

I voted for Queen Sonja, since she's the only one (I guess) who had the title of a Crown Princess.

:ermm:Well, in Belgium the first successor to the throne may not be called Crown Prince, but because King Boudewijn and Queen Fabiola had no children, Prince [now King] Albert stayed the first heir to the Belgium throne.
And as Princess [now Queen] Paola is since almost fifty years his wife, she always was the wife of the first heir to the throne. [so, I think she was CP, more or less.:flowers:]

That is precisely how I look at it. As the reigning King and Queen were tragically childless, the Prince and Princess of Liege were the CP couple in all but name.

Queen Paola was (and still is) a beautiful woman. She gets my vote.

Comparing Crown Princesses of the past who were either to become Regents or Regent Concorts is like comparing apples to oranges :flowers:

well, for me:

1. Paola, a stunning beauty in the 60's
2. Silvia, as the brazilian genes do miracles
3. Sonia, innocense and serenity bloom in her face and complex
4. Margrethe, the most regal

I have voted for Paola,although Princess Grace was most beautiful but she is not in the poll

Dear Zubiaur,Pr.Grace had never been a Crown Princess,we vote for old CPs.And since we're looking for the most beautiful,I voted for Queen Silvia.

If she was not a Crown Princess,what was she then?

Well,there's no such title as King & Queen in Monaco and as far as I know,a CP is a King or Queen-to-be.

Probably Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. She was born a Crown Princess and has that beautiful regal air about her.

Princess Elizabeth was very beautiful, imo.
Crown Princess Paola was a really beautiful women as well,
Princess Elizabeth is overlooked but she was a stunning woman.imo

I voted for Q.Elizabeth, too. Although I don't think she was stunningly beautiful, she had a unique kind of beauty, full of grace!

My vote plus a write-in

From the choices (and IMHO, overall) I chose Paola of Belgium. All of the ladies mentioned, when judged at the height of their beauty, would be described as beautiful and elegant. Maybe another interesting poll would be who has aged the most gracefully?

A couple of choices from Asia and the Middle East (although only one was ever a crown princess) shouldn't be overlooked. The current Empress Michiko and Queen Sirikit both came to prominence in the 1960s after marrying their husbands. Both also embodied the timeless elegance and grace of royalty. And aside from having an interesting story, IMO the later Queen Soraya of Iran, in every photograph I have seen from her (even later in life), she appeared quite exotic and beautiful. Paola may be beautiful and Italian, but Soraya has the exotic allure of a Sophia Loren.

Last suggestion (since she was the wife of an heir-presumptive but never a crown princess), Princess Lilian of Sweden. Beautiful in her presentation but even more in her devotion to her late husband and service to the country. Thank goodness it didn't happen, but for a short time, if Carl XVI Gustaf had died before the laws were changed and before he and Silvia had children, Bertil would have become king and there would be a Queen Lilian of Sweden!

Back
Top Bottom