The "Greenest" Royals!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little_star

Heir Apparent
City
Manchester
Country
United Kingdom
From the House of Windsor in Britain to the Alawi dynasty in Morocco, members of royal families around the globe aren't just playing polo and lolling on the French Rivera--some are using their famous names and hereditary wealth to do good for the environment.

Yes, royals have massive (and multiple) homes, jet around the world, and generally live lavish lifestyles with carbon footprints to match, but their high global profiles mean when they power their castles with renewable energy, grow organic vegetable gardens, or champion environmental causes, people take note. Get your best bow or curtsy ready, you're about to meet eight princes, princesses, and queens from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East who know that "green" is more than just a color on a flag or family crest.
LINK

Quite an interesting and diverse list. There were a lot of Royals whose environmental work I was completely unaware of.

Interesting report, thank you for posting it Little_star. :flowers:
Most of the Royals and their works in the environmental field were familiar to me, however I never knew about Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's or Princess Takamado's achievements.

what a sad short list, only Charles sticks out. (I wonder why this was not posted on the environment thread)

Thanks for information!:flowers:
It is nice to see, shall we say, no-so-visible royal ladies such as Lalla Hasna, Hisako, Princess Takamado and Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand mentioned in the list.

Prince Charles should be #1 imo. He was interested in the environment long before it was the in thing to do.

very informative article,thanks.
i didn't know QRania is involved in the environment issues,i agree that PCharle should be N 1,he is a very big souteneur to the environment.
Lalla hasna of Morocco too is doing a great job here.

I'm glad Buckingham Palace produces it's own vegetables. This is something easy that most people could do.:flowers:

I agree that Charles should be #1. He was concious of the environment well before most people and was mocked in the British Press for years because of it. Now of course it is apparent he could see the problems a long time before most of the rest of us.

I'm a litte surprised Prince Albert II of Monaco isn't higher on the list considering how long he has been championing environmental issues, the lengths he has gone to (literally pole to pole) studying the problem himself and I hardly see him anywhere speaking to a huge audience wherein he isn't talking about the environment. It often seems his only issue and certainly the most important to him. However, I would also throw in an unlikely monarch that didn't make the list: Pope Benedict XVI, sovereign of the Vatican City State. He and his predecessor took steps to ensure that their entire country is carbon-neutral.
:indonesiaflag: :vaticanflag:

What a wonderful article. Prince Charles should certainly be number 1.
I'm glad royals are getting noticed for what they do about the planet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom