The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Prince Felipe of Spain and Princess Tatjana of Liechtenstein.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
I heard that there was speculation that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Albert of Monaco were an item a few years back, but I think it was nothing, they were just hanging out at a party or something.
A most unlikely combination for three reasons:

1) Both Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Albert are (future) Sovereigns
2) Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Albert do differ 23 years (!) in age
3) Crown Princess Victoria is Lutheran and Prince Albert is Roman-Catholic

Old 05-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Dr. Otto von Habsburg as current head of the Habsburg-Lothringen-family strongly believes in the equality of all people. At least that's a basic law he represented when he was a MP at the European Parliament for Germany. That's probably the reason why he doesn't hesitate to declare even the most exotic wifes of one of his Archdukes as "ebenbürtig" - coequal according to the House laws of the Imperial and Royal family.
But the last 3 "exotic" brides Maya Askaria, Ashimta Goswami and Mayasuni Heath became all Archduchesses after their marriage. A few years ago the House Laws where again lowered and n o the only requirement has that the bride belongs to an christian faith.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Not quite today but...from the past: how about Princess Anne and King Carl XVI Gustaf?

CPss Victoria and one of the Dutch Boys.
CPss Victoria and Nicholas of Greece.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Not quite today but...from the past: how about Princess Anne and King Carl XVI Gustaf?
Now that would have been interesting, Magnik. Especially considering the previous British brides in Sweden (Margaret of Connaught, Lady Louise Mountbatten) just two generations back.

It certainly would have an affect on the somewhat cool relationship between the two houses that seems to exist now. I can't help but think that the current heirs to the Swedish throne would not be so easy to look at, no offense to the two but I think Carl Gustaf & Anne would have produces very unattractive children.

Mapper
Old 05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't know there was a cool relationship between the two houses.

And I don't think the children would have been that bad looking. Anne was fairly attractive when she was young, and her children look good. And the King was a very cute little boy. They just haven't aged well.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Nobility

This is a fun thread so one shouldn't get too serious. But the exchange between Quin and Henri M about whether the 'ebenbuertigkeit' rule was universal among European Royalty is interesting.

From the British perspective, this was always considered a very 'Continental' requirement - particularly among the German-speaking families.

To the best of my knowledge, this was never a requirement of either the English or Scottish royal houses. Although there were often politically useful dynastic marriages in the Middles Ages, and even later on, it was not a necessity, and many monarchs married into the high nobility.

Queen Victoria was extremely liberal in her views. One of her daughters was allowed to marry a non-Royal Scottish Duke (the Duke of Argyll) with no loss of privilege. She often invited members of her distant German relatives who had married into nobility to Britain. These people were not looked on with favour in the Austrian, German, etc. courts. She was quite happy for her grandson to marry Princess Mary of Teck (she became Queen Mary). Although Mary's mother was Pss Mary Adelaide, a British princess and first cousin to the Queen, her father was the son of a Prince of Wurrtemberg who had married merely a noble lady. He lost his right to the throne of Wurrtemberg and was given the non-royal title of Duke of Teck. Since Victoria was a major royal who didn't need the approval of the other monarchs, they just had to 'grin and bear it'.

Even the Edward VIII would probably have got away with marrying Wallis Simpson if she had not been divorced (twice at that).
Old 05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I didn't know there was a cool relationship between the two houses.

And I don't think the children would have been that bad looking. Anne was fairly attractive when she was young, and her children look good. And the King was a very cute little boy. They just haven't aged well.
I agree that Anne was more attractive when she was younger, and I believe that she could be more attractive now if she put just a little more effort into it (she still has a great figure). But I believe her children as well look better because their father was a very handsome man. In the same way, I believe that while they aren't both conventionally handsome, the sons of the Prince of Wales are much better looking than their father, due mostly to their mother. Of course, the Duke of Edinburgh's influence is there as well.

Actually I don't think that Carl Gustaf is unattractive (except when he gets that crazy Einstein hair going on). His big eyes and ears that stick out a little do work for him. It was the combination with Anne's gene pool of squinty eyes, long nose and face, oversize horse teeth that I believe would have the current Swedish royal family less than attractive.

As far as the "coolness" between the two families, it's probably something I'm just making up in my head. It just seems that where the Swedes seem beyond cordial with the other royal families, the British seem only "affectionate" with the Dutch, but definitely not with the Swedes. I would describe it more as "professional" and "protocoled". Probably just me, though.

By the way, love your tag acdc!

Mapper
Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I heard that there was speculation that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Albert of Monaco were an item a few years back, but I think it was nothing, they were just hanging out at a party or something. This may be a little off topic, but it's royal-royal relationship, so could somebody confirm this?

I couldn't imagine any royal-royal marriages between the ones who are already married, since I think so many of them are very well-matched, and I couldn't see any others together.
Didn't Prince Rainier want Albert to marry Bianca d'Aosta at one point?

The daughter of the Duke d'Aosta and the granddaughter of the comte de Paris would have been quite a catch for Albert in terms of bloodline.

I remember she was quite good looking too.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Darn. a pity that he didn't! Bianca is rather pretty indeed, she also featured in the Vanity Fair special about young royals, I believe.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Commoner

I would prefer to see Royals marry only other Royals.I am not too convinced with all these recent trends of real life Cinderellas.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
A most unlikely combination for three reasons:

1) Both Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Albert are (future) Sovereigns
2) Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Albert do differ 23 years (!) in age
3) Crown Princess Victoria is Lutheran and Prince Albert is Roman-Catholic
Responses about Albert and Victoria and also a few corrections.
1) Albert is already soverign meaning that Victoria would have to give up right her to the throne.
2)Albert and Victoria differ in age 19 years and not 23 like you say Herni M.
3)Victoria would have to convert to Roman-Catholic to marry Albert being he is head of state as I mentioned above.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 09-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Nobility

I really hope that there will be a royal-royal marriage in the next generation. Something like Felix and Catharina-Amalia or one of the Urdangarin boys and Ingrid-Alexandra. And I really do hope we don't get any more "Mabel types".
Old 09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
I really hope that there will be a royal-royal marriage in the next generation. Something like Felix and Catharina-Amalia or one of the Urdangarin boys and Ingrid-Alexandra. And I really do hope we don't get any more "Mabel types".
i hope too , we don't like to see other' MABEL ', but the must amusing think is that the next generation are only womens!!!
Catharina Amalia ; Leaunor ;INGRID ?...so and thereis a lot of boys in the royal familys , i hope that wll hapen:)
Old 03-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Nobility

I think Prince William of Wales and Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark would make a great couple for so many reasons. Please see Preferred Wives For William and Harry for more details.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think.

Prince William Of Wales & Princess Victoria.
Prince Harry Of Wales & Princess Madeline ( I realise that he would techinically be marrying his sister-in-law)

I think that the matches as they are now, are wonderful they all suit each other perfectly.

However i always think that Princess Anne should have married another royal.
x
Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I think.

Prince William Of Wales & Princess Victoria.
I think Daniel might have a problem with that one....
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Nobility

On August 29th 2009 a Royal-Royal wedding will take Place between Prince Lukas of Auersperg and Princess Alice of Bavaria.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Wouldn't it be something if the younger generation 'rebel' against their parents and make equal marriages.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If Princess Diana had given birth to a girl and the UK had equal primogenture, could she for instance marry say the Danish Crown Prince?
I've always wondered.
Plus i've always wished Princes Charles had a daughter.
x