The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Things, you have realised in 2005

We have still 2.5 months left, but most of the year is over. So I wonder, what was surprising or "new" for you about the Royals in 2005?

Ok, here are mine:

-Camilla is damn good as duchess/princess...whatever.

-Prince William doesn´t seem to get caught in the prognosed "I date a woman like my mum"-trap
(In spite of "dirty Harry", I would say, that the british Royal family is back on the track)

-CP Phillippe and CP Mathilde are perfect parents...and only produce cute children. One simply can´t find a hair in the soup. These days one even can´t say Phillippe is dull. For me he came across quite funny in the past things, I´ve watched of him.

-CP Mary is a fashion doll and CP Frederik is quite lazy

-Princess Catharina-Amalia is growing to a beautiful child. Before I thought, she´s cute (all babies are), but not beautiful.

-CP Willem-Alexander does speak perfect german (I know dutch ppl have it easy here...and he had a german father...but still...he doesn´t seem to have an accent)

-CP Haakon and CP Mette Marit hang around with Marie Chantal and Pavlos. (To realise, what Royals like about Marie Chantal will probably be the "thing to realise" in 2006...or 2007...2008...)

-The Spanish court really doesn´t seem to have intentions to give CP Letizia
solo-duties (or have I missed something )

-CP Victoria has also a bitchy side

-Princess Madeleine is much nicer, than I´ve thought

-CP Victoria and Daniel Westling write the unofficial unwritten book "Royals&dating" new and all my theories and prognoses are something for the dustbin

-To have illegitimate children is some kind of "en vogue" these days in Royal circles...at least it´s not a taboo anymore to admit that.

-Monarchies are something fascinating, but these days they are so contradictory, that only/still the Republic is the fairest of all possible (unfair) possibilities (Oh republic of Austria...forgive my ignorance in the past years )

Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Nobility

What makes you say that about CP Victoria? Did I miss some contraversial event?

Old 10-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Commoner

Ja, I'm also interested in that "Victoria-thing".

CP Frederic is lazy, I don't know. Does he less work than other royals?
I'm not so sure about Mary. Sometimes she seems so unsophisticated. Perhaps she hasn't found her place and business yet. I think it is not so easy beeing royal, very beautiful (as princess you should be), down-to-earth ... simultaneously.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness

Things I have realized about Royals in 2005:

Hell has frozen over in England with the marriage of Charles and Camilla. I wish hell hadn't frozen over.

A service of blessing after a civil marriage will absolve you from a divorce due to adultery.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know... after you've been in this game a while, nothing much can surprise you. Sure, you might end up a bit cynical, but I can't recall having many royal surprises in the previous year.

One may be Märtha Louise choosing to give birth at home - but I wouldn't call it a real surprise. The surprise about it all may be the fact that Ari took pictures of the baby that looked halfway decent...
Old 10-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
What makes you say that about CP Victoria? Did I miss some contraversial event?
I´m refering to several meetings with the press this year. In February an interview was broadcasted in which she persisted in an very unpleasant way on being adressed as "kronprinsessan"
In summer, she was guest at the wedding of Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein and prince Manuel of Bayern. And obviously she wasn´t in the mood for getting photographed, which she also expressed sulking with "now you have gotten enough"
And the latest thing, you can read here:
Married in 2006?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:40 AM

Re:

Hell has frozen over in England with the marriage of Charles and Camilla. I wish hell hadn't frozen over

Hmmm. I hadn't noticed. It was actually quite warm here over the weekend. I think that's a slight exaggeration.

I´m refering to several meetings with the press this year. In February an interview was broadcasted in which she persisted in an very unpleasant way on being adressed as "kronprinsessan"

I must stick up for Victoria there. I find it awful the way the press shout out 'Victoria!' to get her to look at the cameras. Here in the UK, they generally shout, 'Sir' or 'Ma'am' - which is polite. She is Crown Princess and should be addressed appropriately.

"now you have gotten enough" - I don't think they need 50 shots of every engagement or appearance she makes. It's unnessecary and silly.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Things I realized in 2005:

1. I don't really like Prince William-he seems snobbish
2. Prince Philip will always rock
3. Camilla does have the ability to look elegant
4. Time does heal wounds-people will forget anything if you give a few years
5. Prince Carl Philip is drop dead gorgeous
6. Princess Mary is awsome
7. Prince Harry will always bring some excitment (good and bad) into my life

Old 10-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Nobility

One of the great disappointments of 2005:

It doesn't pay to be a great princess and serve your country exceptionally well if you end up getting a divorce. However well Princess Alexandra and the RF of Denmark handled her divorce, she is still marginalized. And I thought she understood the role better than any princess in Europe, with the possible exception of Mathilde.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
One of the great disappointments of 2005:

It doesn't pay to be a great princess and serve your country exceptionally well if you end up getting a divorce. However well Princess Alexandra and the RF of Denmark handled her divorce, she is still marginalized. And I thought she understood the role better than any princess in Europe, with the possible exception of Mathilde.
I was just thinking the same thing when I was reading thread onPrincess Alexandra. I agree that she truly understands and represents what is is to a be a royal. It is sad that she will be stuck between being a royal and an ordinary person. If she had married a man who wasn't a prince and they got divorced, she would be able to go back to Hong Kong with her kids if that is what she wanted. Instead, she must stay in denmark because her kids are princes.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Courtier

HRH the Crown Princess Mary makes a brilliant Crown Princess.

HRH the Princess of the Asturias is a warmer person than what I originally thought.

HM the Queen Sonja really needs another parure, but seems to be getting more regal as she gets older.

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall really needs a different hairstyle, but has a rather good grasp of fashion, mostly. (or at least her stylers do.lol.)

Cant stand Prince Henry of Wales.

The Princely family of Monaco have much growing up to do.

Australia seemed to be a bit of a "hot spot" for royals this year. Thats us done for another 15 years or so.lol. (j/k)

HM the Queen Sophia would have to be the most down to earth and sincere royal there is. An amazingly beautiful woman both inside & out.

HRH the Prince of Wales means well.

HIM the Empress Michiko is so adorable.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
We have still 2.5 months left, but most of the year is over. So I wonder, what was surprising or "new" for you about the Royals in 2005?
-To have illegitimate children is some kind of "en vogue" these days in Royal circles...at least it´s not a taboo anymore to admit that.
the matter which is attached most in my mind about the present royal life, after Monaco and then Luxembourg.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why the comments about Frederik & Mary
Old 10-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
HRH the Duchess of Cornwall really needs a different hairstyle.
Prince Charles, it is said, is the reason that her hairstyle never changes. He loves her look and she, naturally, wants to please him.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

i mean Frederik and Victoria not Mary
Old 10-21-2005, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
i mean Frederik and Victoria not Mary
For the case you mean me:

Firstly
No one has to agree (I´m not one of these missionary posters, who want, that one likes/dislikes the Royals I like or dislike. Or that they agree in all with me)

Secondly
What I´ve written reflects, what I´ve read/heard in 2005 (e.g. Frederik´s schedule...or interviews with Victoria). It can easily be, that I change my mind in 2006. And I could also accept, that e.g. Frederik had busier times earlier.

Thirdly
I wonder, why ppl are surprised, when I write, that Victoria has a bitchy side (?)
IMO it would be rather abnormal not to have one. And that it comes out under pressure isn´t surprising.
Most very active members here got involved into cat fights, does this mean, they are all bad people?
Old 10-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness

I realized:

Camilla can be perfectly regal and dress well
I still don't like Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde
I've still mixed feelings with Crown Princess Mary
Old 10-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

CP Haakon and MM are really bonded together, are of one mind more than ever.

Not yet sure about CP Mary, I have a nagging feeling that she loves the advantages of being royal more than th CP, and was quite manipulative during their courtship...

Royals sould stop complaining, wealth and glam does go with some headache.

Pavlos and MC are married 10 years WOW! I bet noone thought they could make it.

MC is all into this royalty thing, she even changed her style to look more regal.

The CP who least impresses me for good and bad is Letizia

That s it for now folks
Old 10-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Nobility

Amalia gets cuter ( I didn't think she was very cute last year. Sorry for that Amalia)
We will not have only girls in the next generation ( I hoped for only Queens ;-) )

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 10-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Just a few things really:

Camilla & Charles complement each other. And considering everything that people have said in the past & even what they will say in the future, Camilla is doing a good job with her new life. She doesn't try to be flashy, she doesn't try to flaunt her status & she seems to know what she is doing.

The Casiraghi children seem to be kinda snobby. Just from looking at pics. of them they have that "I'm better than you" attitude (JMHO- no offense to anyone who is a fan of theirs). They don't like to smile either.

Prince Carl Phillip & Peter Phillips keep getting cuter as the years go on.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Closed Thread