The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

The things that I have learned.

1. Camilla has completley won me over. Wow, she is a great royal. Warm, funny, and very charming. An elegant dresser too. I remember saying the nastiest things about her for no reason. Charles also seems much more fun and happy these days.

2. I dont think Federick is lazy. He just doesnt get in the press a lot like his wife. Mary is metioned more becasue want to see what she wears. Fashion can really help an image. I think the danish royal family do their fair share.

3.Princess Alexandra is the model princess. All princess should study her growing up and women marring into RF should study her too. She is such a good princess. A great asset to Denmark. The divorce was handles perfectly.

I think a thread and voting should be done on the Best Royal of 2005. It would be a really close fight between Camilla and Alexandra for me.

Old 11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
-Monarchies are something fascinating, but these days they are so contradictory, that only/still the Republic is the fairest of all possible (unfair) possibilities (Oh republic of Austria...forgive my ignorance in the past years )
Lena, would you really have liked Austria to be a monarchy? (As a fellow Austrian, I simply couldn't come up with a single suitable candidate for king or queen. I wonder who you'd pick.)

Old 11-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
Lena, would you really have liked Austria to be a monarchy? (As a fellow Austrian, I simply couldn't come up with a single suitable candidate for king or queen. I wonder who you'd pick.)
I couldn´t either Maybe Otto of Habsburg wouldn´t have been bad. But his children are all so aloof, not to speak of Francesca.
So my idea was rather abstract and based on the theory, that the Monarchy would have been kept after 1918 (which is impossible of course)
On a lighter note: why not making Karl Heinz Grasser to a prince, he already gets the popularity of one and he would know how to produce a "Scandal Royal"
Old 11-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
why not making Karl Heinz Grasser to a prince, he already gets the popularity of one and he would know how to produce a "Scandal Royal"
I'm sure he would be awfully pleased about your suggestion...especially since hello magazine actually wrote an article about his wedding - but pleeeease, nooooo!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
Well it looks like if it would be up to the tabloids, Fiona Swarovski and her brand new husband KH Grasser would be the top candidates!

And PrinceJohnny25, I couldn't agree more with everything you've just said! Camilla and Alexandra, a close tie for Royal of the Year indeed!

And as for whether or not those instances I mentioned re. Maxima were PR mistakes, I stand by my opinion that they were. Still don't like Maxima that much, either. Which brings me to something else I'd actually realized this year: I really appreciate Laurentien. What a great person she seems to be, ok, bar her hidious fashion sense. But even that, she's just completely her quirky self and I like that. :)
Old 11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
You offended me? Hahaha, not at all! I totally agreed with you. There must be something wrong with my english, I guess. Comme d'habitude as the french say... :p
No there's nothing wrong with your english! I'm just being extra careful not to offend anyone, since I've been known to do that here! (unintentionally of course!) :p

Old 11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

woops, Lena, I see you scooped my KH Grasser joke! :)

I'm sure however he'd feel worthy of his own thread on our Forum! (Which we're not gonna give him!)
Old 11-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
woops, Lena, I see you scooped my KH Grasser joke! :)

I'm sure however he'd feel worthy of his own thread on our Forum! (Which we're not gonna give him!)
Ok, it's off-topic but who is this KH Grasser? And, why does Austria have such strong feelings against him?

Old 11-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Which brings me to something else I'd actually realized this year: I really appreciate Laurentien. What a great person she seems to be, ok, bar her hidious fashion sense. But even that, she's just completely her quirky self and I like that. :)
Yes! For the first time in my life (fairly long...don't really want to say how many years :o ), I find that I have a special liking for a royal outside the British family, and that is Princess Laurentien. Her friendly face and lovely smile spoke to me out of pictures. Then, when I read about her I was delighted to realize that my instinct in liking her was justified. She seems to be a person of character and dignity and warmth.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Yes! For the first time in my life (fairly long...don't really want to say how many years :o ), I find that I have a special liking for a royal outside the British family, and that is Princess Laurentien. Her friendly face and lovely smile spoke to me out of pictures. Then, when I read about her I was delighted to realize that my instinct in liking her was justified. She seems to be a person of character and dignity and warmth.
indeed, super nice, super smart, super bad taste.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Everything can happen good and bad:)
Old 11-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Ok, it's off-topic but who is this KH Grasser? And, why does Austria have such strong feelings against him?
Karl Heinz Grasser is the extremely handsome, 36-year old Finance Minister of Austria. If I'm not mistaken he's the youngest minister the country's had in hundreds of years. He got into the news this year (well besides his work) for the fact that he cheated on his young, 28-year old fiancee with another famous Austrian--the wealthy, glamorous, three-times-divorced, 40-year-old, mother of three, Swarovski heiress Fiona Swarovski. The two were first photographed on a Paris airport, kissing, in March. That day, his fiance run her porsche into a tree in Vienna and ended up in the hospital. Long story short: a wonderful Tabloid mess, that ended with Grasser and Swarovski getting married at the end of October.

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/nachrich...6543/index.jsp
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Grasser is a controversial figure indeed, as there are people who think he's more in it for the glamour and meeting rich heiresses that come with his job in the limelight than the honest pleasure of putting the country's finances in order.
People don't even agree whether he's handsome at all...very controversial
Old 11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
First of all i discover royalty LOL
I´ve also realised:
-Carl-Philip is hot
-I still don´t like Camilla, my opinion about her is even worse.
-Harry seems to being more mature
-Maxima Letizia and Mary are very good princesses.
-I love the trio Casiraghi
-I like Princess Stephanie, she is natural
what makes you dislike camilla more?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
indeed, super nice, super smart, super bad taste.
LOL, I hope you meant only Laurentien's fashion taste...I think she has VERY good taste in husbands! :)
Old 11-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
what makes you dislike camilla more?
Basically, her mariagge and all the things that the Windsor do for make her a Duchess. I don´t find any grace on her IMHO By the way i´d feel very embarrased for marrying Charles if i had been his mistress
Old 11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

I have learnt this past year the following...Because Camilla looks, acts, walks and talks like a royal people are forgetting the disgraceful way her position was aquired. I have learnt that Charles and Camilla are not above manipulating the church or parliment to get what they want and that alone shows me their malovence. I have no doubt in my mind that the first chance Charles gets he will make Camilla his Queen.William is losing his hair just like his Uncle Edward.Louis of Luxemburg is growing up to be a fine, strong young man in facing and admitting his girlfriends unexpected pregnancy head on. Whoever said he is ruining his life is utterly ridiculous, any child is to be celebrated.Protocol and titles is soooo bloody confusing it makes my head spin.I have learnt that I am not very fond of Martha-Louise. She seems very spoiled. She wants the best of both worlds, royal and common. A little to greedy for my liking!I have learnt that Queen Ranina has had a nose job! What was wrong with her old nose???And of course Madeline of Sweden is a suck! "Oh boo hoo, I'm royal"
Old 11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Courtier

What I have learnt is actually quite scary. That with a good PR consultant, hair stylist and dress designers and several journalists in your pocket - you can fool the entire world. Of course, Charles does have the money to sprinkle fairy dust all over Camilla and make the world fall in love with her.
Of course I felt the greater fool with it was pointed out to me that it was exactly the same route Diana used, except as the friend pointed out "paintings always look nicer with nicer frames."
Old 11-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Of course I felt the greater fool with it was pointed out to me that it was exactly the same route Diana used, except as the friend pointed out "paintings always look nicer with nicer frames."
Make no mistake about it, Diana was the master of the makeover, she was a spin doctor par excellence and a master manipulator of public opinion. She could make people believe white was black and she still does 8 years after her death.

Only the Queen Mother could even come close to her.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

This that I have learn in 2005:
-Ingrid Alexandra and her cousins Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora is the most beautiful little trio!
-Camilla is just great!
-Mette-Marit is also just great! Well, that I have learn before.. but whatever
-I Love Princess Mathilde, the duchess of Brabant!!
-I Still don't like Princess Mary.. I don't really know why..:o