The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

great thread!!

i also want to know about victoria's "bitchy side" :)

i noticed as well that fred is becoming quite lazy :) while mary does a lot of work. about her fashion doll thing, i really agree on that. sometimes she does seem to spend a lot of money in clothes but she doesn't really look that good (i mean, she looks good, but with the money she seems to spend she can do a lot better).

agree with most of you about camilla as well. my opinion changed sooo much since they married! she is doing and absolutely great job, but at the same time she doesn't "shadow" charles. she also dresses great and has lovely hats :)

prince henry is becoming a mature young boy who seems to have a lot of good things we couldn't see before. :)

rania is a great queen, a great woman and is doing a great role as royal. she has got a great combination of qualities.

ROYAL BABY BOOM: lots of pregnancies (many crown princesses pregnant) and lots of cute babies this year: leah isadora, prince hashim, irene urdangarin, princess alexia, cute carlos morales, prince emmanuel, frederik and mary's baby, and one more future king/queen in spain who will obviously be beautiful (handsome dad, beautiful mum). :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
great thread!!

i also want to know about victoria's "bitchy side" :)
Royal 2005: what did you learn?

Old 11-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
We have still 2.5 months left, but most of the year is over. So I wonder, what was surprising or "new" for you about the Royals in 2005?

Ok, here are mine:

-Camilla is damn good as duchess/princess...whatever.
I think has surprised everyone. Maybe even the Queen too! But Amen to the Duchess being excellent at her job.

Quote:
-Prince William doesn´t seem to get caught in the prognosed "I date a woman like my mum"-trap
(In spite of "dirty Harry", I would say, that the british Royal family is back on the track)
Thank goodness for that! William dating someone like Diana with all of her emotional insecurities and her desire to be in the limelight would undo the good work that Charles and Camilla are able to carry on now.

I would add about "dirty Harry" that Sandhurst seems to be straightening him out thankfully. If only he could be rid of Chelsea ...

Quote:
-CP Phillippe and CP Mathilde are perfect parents...and only produce cute children. One simply can´t find a hair in the soup. These days one even can´t say Phillippe is dull. For me he came across quite funny in the past things, I´ve watched of him.
These days Phillippe is absolutely glowing. Being a husband was a turning point for him, but becoming a father was the cherry on top of the ice cream that make him more rounded rather than flat and dull. Who can resist a man who looks so adoringly at his new son? http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1128982107

Quote:

-CP Mary is a fashion doll and CP Frederik is quite lazy
I think it is more than Frederik being lazy. I think it's the majority of the Danish royal family who is quite lazy. We hardly ever seen Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik and Joachim out on royal duties. Now that Mary is on maternity leave, only Alexandra represents the family.

Quote:
-CP Haakon and CP Mette Marit hang around with Marie Chantal and Pavlos. (To realise, what Royals like about Marie Chantal will probably be the "thing to realise" in 2006...or 2007...2008...)
I find it very surprising that Haakon and Mette-Marit are so jet set. They have spent holidays with Marie Chantal, with Valentino, Rosario and Kyril, Cristina and Inaki, Gwyneth Paltrow. Mette-Marit seemed so shy when she came on the scene. Now she is Miss Popularity and Miss Social Butterfuly.

Quote:
-CP Victoria has also a bitchy side
Too bad that side of her doesn't rear its head more often. It might make it more entertaining.

I have also realized that Victoria's ponytail seems to be a permanent fixture on her head like tattoed eyebrows or lipstick.

Quote:
-To have illegitimate children is some kind of "en vogue" these days in Royal circles...at least it´s not a taboo anymore to admit that.
Call it progress but progress that I would say is backwards if that makes sense. To be able to talk about it publicly rather than hiding the mom and child away is a step in the right direction. But the step backwards is how these people (Albert and Nicole, Caroline and Ernst, Stephanie and Daniel, Louis and his girlfriend, Emmanuel and Clotilde) couldn't be proactive to use protection in the first place.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

What have I realised in 2005? That I'm not very good in predictions about the sex of royal babys! I thought Mary will have a girl and Maxima and Letizia- boys. Maybe I'll have a chance to improve myself in 2006...
Old 11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Hell has frozen over in England with the marriage of Charles and Camilla.
2005 has shown that HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla have, with their long delayed wedding brought sunshine to the United Kingdom. We have had heatwaves (for us) here.
Just goes to show that love can conquer all.:)
Old 11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
2005 has shown that HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla have, with their long delayed wedding brought sunshine to the United Kingdom. We have had heatwaves (for us) here.
Just goes to show that love can conquer all.:)
I couldn´t agree more. It´s weird...but for me their love story is one of the few "real" ones.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal 2005: what did you learn?

1. I’ve realized what an amazing royal lady Camilla has turned out to be. She is elegantly dressed and has great raporre with the people. She is the perfect partner for Charles.

2. I’ve totally changed my mind about Mette Marit. I was not very happy when Haakon married her, but she has turned out to be a fantastic princess. She has worked hard to adjust to her new role. I also love her clothes.

Anyone else care to share their 2005 revelations?
Old 11-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Gentry

I realized:
*I still do not like Camilla.
*There are Romanov relatives living in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
*Too many royals are living together.
*Too many royals are divorced or separated.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
I have also realized that Victoria's ponytail seems to be a permanent fixture on her head like tattoed eyebrows or lipstick.
Yeah, I've realized that too this year. when she was younger, Victoria did more experimenting with her hairstyles. now it seems she's become one of those old ladies who always has the exact same hairdo everyday!

Victoria, you're only 28! you're young! you're free! live a little!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:35 AM

* I've realised that love is blind where people worship is concerned
* I've realised that there are more Catholic Royals out there than I thought
* I've realised that King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece only live down the road
* I've realised that Camilla makes a fabulous member of the Royal Family
*I've realised that Queen Beatrix is the jolliest monarch
Old 11-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
*I've realised that Queen Beatrix is the jolliest monarch
that is undoubtedly the first time I've ever heard the word jolly used in reference to Beatrix...

personally i think it's better suited for Margarethe.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 AM

Really? I think that Beatrix is higher in the jolly stakes. She seems to me to be a jolly grandmother with a happy smile, a daft hat and a great manner. When I see her, I smile - and that can't be a bad thing. But I suppose it could be used in connection with Margrethe too.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrix is also very dignified and regal.(so is Margarethe, but in a different way)

when I see Beatrix, I definitely smile, but i'm also reverential.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

-Mary and Máxima are great as Crown Princesses
-victoria really loves daniel
-I still do not like Camilla
-Harry is becomig a little more mature.
-Fred is lazy, lazy, lazy..but great father.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima
-Harry is becomig a little more mature.
-Fred is lazy, lazy, lazy..but great father.
yeah, its wonderful to see harry's maturing. i really liked the interview he gave. i hope the military will continue to improve his personal discipline.

i'm with you that Fred is lazy when it comes to his royal duties. though, we should remember that he is not lazy in other areas. he was in the elite frogman corps (i think thats what its called) and he has voluntarily undertaken all sorts of grueling athletic challenges.

if only he'd channel some of that energy into his duties.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I've realised that Queen Beatrix is the jolliest monarch
She's indeed becoming jollier and jollier every day. The last couple of months she just looks radiant! I think her life as grandmother suits her well! But I have to agree with Pollyemma too. I have always known the Queen as very dignified and regal. That's why I like her jolly smiles so much, I think.

Next to that I'm really surprised by finding myself quite impressed by the way Camilla handles her royal duties. I'm actually starting to like her!

Next to these two points I figured out a lot of things about Royalty. Merely histories and family trees and great stories about them. I'm very glad I discovered the forums!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
I think it is more than Frederik being lazy. I think it's the majority of the Danish royal family who is quite lazy. We hardly ever seen Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik and Joachim out on royal duties. Now that Mary is on maternity leave, only Alexandra represents the family.
I disagree. I watched a movie (released around the F&M engagement period) that follows the day-to-day life of Queen Margrethe. She works VERY hard and she's ALWAYS busy. The difference between her and say, Queen Beatrix, is that Beatrix relates to her people and her position in the masses whereas Queen Margrethe seems to prefer to deal with people, groups, and organizations in a closer atmosphere so she can really get to know their positions. It's a different way to be with the people, but I believe both ways are valuable. We SEE more of some royals and therefore we think they're DOING more than the others, but that is not necessarily true.

As for the other members of the family: I think Mary needs to branch out from fashion. It is a Danish cause, but there are far more pressing matters in the world today. I'm not saying she should ABANDON the Danish fashion stuff, but she really needs to get out there and do more for social issues. Joachim doesn't do much. I think the "spare" roll allows for that though. Frederik could do more, but he's so sweet and he looks like he's trying very hard whenever we do see him. Henrik...I'm not a fan. I don't know what he does and I really don't care. I've learned that Alexandra, although not in the royal house anymore, does more to represent the royal house than any of the other members (other than the queen who really IS the house:p ) and she does it with style, dignity and grace.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

First of all i discover royalty LOL
I´ve also realised:
-Carl-Philip is hot
-I still don´t like Camilla, my opinion about her is even worse.
-Harry seems to being more mature
-Maxima Letizia and Mary are very good princesses.
-I love the trio Casiraghi
-I like Princess Stephanie, she is natural
Old 11-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Commoner

That no matter what, royals are still human.
They eat and breathe and have feelings the same as all us commoners.
They are not that different after all.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLouise
That no matter what, royals are still human.
They eat and breathe and have feelings the same as all us commoners.
They are not that different after all.
AMEN! Past years have certainly brought more glimpses of the simple humanity (good and bad!) of royals.

Aside from this, a few things are also clear:

1. Charles was one of the last heirs forced into marrying the "right" aristocratic girl; whilst there seems to have been love between him and Diana, there is such happiness that shines from him now that he is finally free to be with Camilla. Lesson? Royal marriages are now more forgiving and flexible.

2. Not all royal marriages are the fairy tales that they appear to be. Alexandra and Joachim were admired, yet the separateness of thier lives is now revealed. Lesson? Fairy tales are sometimes only illusion.

3. Letizia has received considerable backlash and negative press, accused of being cold and rude. Over the past year, however, she has repeatedly shown a warmth and compassion that many of us are starting to admire. Mette Marit also has had her share of bad press, yet looked and acted beautifully- the perfect model of a princess- a few weeks ago while on tour in England. And the best example- "horsey" Camilla is blossoming into an elegant and warm duchess who is doing a great job. She has handled her first tiara, first overseas tour and many other firsts with great success this year. Lesson? Royals are not doomed to the criticism we project onto them.

That's all I know! Not much, but still there.

Eliza