Mythical/Legendary Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some sects of buddhism do have deities

King Krakus is the legendary founder of the Polish city of Cracow.

Krakus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are also legends about his daughter, Princess Wanda.

Princess Wanda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Three legendary brothers are said to have founded Poland, what is now the Czech Republic, and Russia.

Lech,

There are many more legends in Poland including a ruling family that came before the royal Piast family, the Popielids(Popielidzi). And there's also Popiel who was eaten by mice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popiel

Last edited:
Although not royal himself, Folke Filbyter is considered the progenitor of the House of Bjälby dynasty (also known as the Folkung dynasty) in Sweden: Folke Filbyter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia His statue is on the Main Square in my hometown. Members of the Bjälby dynasty ruled Sweden 1216 - 1222 and between 1250 to 1364.

The Gaelic Irish Queen Medb/Maeve of Connacht

Maev.jpg

Medb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for the information, I've never heard about this queen before.

King Arthur

Of course the most famous, King Arthur

King Arthur was real enough, his uncles were King Uthur and King Arellus, whom were sons of Constantinus 1st, this can be proven. King Arthur granted the Step Clans of the MacFergussons lands of Alba Western Scotland in 544AD 3 yrs after Queen Gweniyivar MacDarmaid MacFergusson married King Arthur Pendragon. The 3 Stepclans whom became TriKings were the O'Donnellys, The MacDarmaids whom mostlikely were a son of Gweniyivar and The MacBreheny. Loarn Mac Erc, my ancestor....how do I know, I traced his genealogy! The TriKingship Of Alba Western Scotland lasted for some 400 Years.

If the current Queen Elizabeth 2 wishes to challenge me on this true information then she can consult her Royal Historians, interestingly enough my ancestors actually lived in Nottingham, England along time ago and the Bohuns were a well known name as were the Brewers, all my ancestors....for I have traced them too. Sadly the Donald Families in the USA are trying to erase the knowledge of the Western Scotland territory of Alba.

The actual castle was called Castle Of Lions and Dragons....more or less and it was located where a previous Roman Fortress was locate in Scotland; King Arthur Ap Arellus simply built over the old structure. It would have been built 15 miles North West from the Round Table Structure in an region known as Kirkbright. Or where my maps show it, I am looking at tuem now. The Romans had called their own fort, Caer Legionious, there are various spellings to that area and a fort that has been reciently discovered there. Of course the Castle Of the Lions n Dragons was destroyed on the year 565AD when King Arthur dissappeared since he lost the battle with Mordred Ap Morgana Du Lot.

Though this date is mentioned in the last book of King Arthur by author Stephen R. Lawhead, we can be fairly sure that King Arthur was about 60 years old when he died, he had fought many battles with the enemy kingships whom tried to take over his realm, since my family is real enough and I can trace my origins back to 544AD then King Arthur had to be very real indeed and the MacFergusson Clan has many Stepclans and a very unique past, sadly Stephen R. Lawhead did not really believe in the research he had completed after he wrote his books, I wrote him sometime ago and got that reply from him that it "was just about impossible to have those kinds of roots of an genealogy of being the Last Clan Of The MacFergussons." Well I am here to say unless someone disproves my 32yrs of research, I indeed am a very real person so the stories of King Arthur is no fiction. The person we came to know as Lancelot, as far as I can trace was actually named "Lawerence O'Donnelly" Queen Gweniyivar's cousin; some bards whom were less caring about the true stories of King Arthur said that Queen Gweniyivar and Sir Lancelot had an affair right under King Arthur's nose but I doubt that really happened for Lancelot Lawerence O'Donnelly and Queen Gweniyivar would have had a date with the executioner and the chopping block, Lawerence O'Donnelly's own code of ethics would not have allowed him to have romantic intentions to his cousin Queen Gweniyivar and there is no evidence of it in their history.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of fairy tale, legends and myths, I read this interesting article:

https://www.ranker.com/list/british-royal-family-and-melusina-starbucks-mermaid/genevieve-carlton

In this, it is written "Multiple royal families trace their genealogy back to the mythical Melusine, including the current British royal family and seven other European monarchs."

What are the seven royal families to which the article refers?
The British Royal Family, I know also the Savoy royal family, but the others? Spain Royal Family? French Royal Family? Belgium Royal Family?
Do you know?

I search the connection between the fairy-mermaid Melusine and Europeans Royal Famlies. I find this:

* British Royal Family (from Jacquette de Luxembourg)
* Spanish Royal Family (from Charles, Duke of Vendome, son of Francis de Bourbon, Count of Vendôme and Marie of Luxembourg)
* French Royal Family (from Anne of Lusignan)
* Italian Royal Family (from Anne of Lusignan)
* Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family (from Charles, Duke of Vendome, son of Francis de Bourbon, Count of Vendôme and Marie of Luxembourg)
* Monaco Princely Family (from Jacques Ier de Monaco, his ancestor is Marie de Bourbon Saint-Pol, granddaughter of Marie of Luxembourg)

I read also Swedish, Belgian and Denmark family, but for the moment I find nothing.

I continue to search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I search the connection between the fairy-mermaid Melusine and Europeans Royal Famlies. I find this:

* British Royal Family (from Jacquette de Luxembourg)

I read also Swedish, Belgian and Denmark family, but for the moment I find nothing.

Given that the monarchs of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Belgium all are descended from the British houses of Hannover and Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha they should all share these houses decent from Jacquette de Luxembourg.

Thanks for the info JR76.
This means that all of europeans monarchs are descendants of Melusine, according to the legend.

Royals & Nobility Mythical Status

What do you think about the mythical status of someone Royal or Nobles woman or man?

What makes a person become a myth?

For example: Lady Diana Spencer is obviously the most popular and the ne plus ultra of the mythical princess.

The tragic death on August 29, 1935 gave Queen Astrid of Belgium an almost mythical status, but the myth of Astrid began on November 9, 1926 when she set foot in Antwerp.

Other examples of mythical royals or nobles are Empress Elizabeth of Austria, the beautiful Countess Virginia of Castiglione, the love goddess actress and princess Rita Hayworth etc.

What do you think is necessary to make a Royal or Noble people a myth?
And in your opinion who are the most mythical Royals or Nobles women and men?

Mythical to me is someone like Snowwhite or Sleeping Beauty...

of the above mentioned Elisabeth of Austria, has a romanticized version "Sissi" (as played by Romy Schneider) who some may consider the same as the real person, but I doubt she is

In a way, imo, some people have fictionalized Diana Spencer as well but that image also doesn't reflect the actual person

:flowers:

It often seems to happen when someone dies young, especially if it's a woman. Diana and Sisi have already been mentioned. Marie Antoinette would be another one. Maybe Grace Kelly as well. And Eva Peron, if we're including non-royals.

And especially if there are rumours that they're still alive, and even more so if someone's claiming to be them - the Grand Duchess Anastasia must be the most mythologised royal of modern times.

Mythical to me is someone like Snowwhite or Sleeping Beauty...

Yes that's what I would have thought though there might be some confusion with mythical and legendary as being iconic like Diana or Grace.

For me, a lot of times, myths and legends usually have some basis in fact. Especially ancient myths and legends. Stories told around the hearth in the deep dark of winter often resembled a game of telephone as the real facts of the story became embellished and things added and subtracted as they're passed on orally from generation to generation and how each storyteller remembers it.

A good example of this is the stories that are found in civilizations all over the globe concerning the "Flood". Each story is told differently but the main theme is something that historically did happen.

Take a real person such as Alfred the Great. Stories told and eventually written down by the people of Wessex would differ very much from the stories concerning Alfred the Great told and then written down by those that tried to conquer Wessex. One side would glorify Alfred as "the Great". The other side would have called him "Alfred the Weak" or something similar to denote he was "lesser" than themselves. :D

History is written by the victors who as storytellers tended to embellish the facts. No serious journalism back then.

Back
Top Bottom