More Interesting - Past or Present Royals?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furienna

Serene Highness
City
Örnsköldsvik
Country
Sweden
Am I the only one here, who's more interested in dead royalities than in the ones, who are still alive?

I'd say not Furienna. While most TRF members enjoy discussing living, breathing Royals, those who have passed away (either during or before our livetimes), recieve plenty of attention.

I agree Von Schlesian the Royal Forums are great to talk about all kinds of Royals living or dead. So my answer is it doesn't matter to me if the Royals are alive or dead they still interest me.

I prefer the "dead royals." (That sounds awful, doesn't it?) There are so many of them and so many of them are interesting and scandalous! I also have an interest in royal women through the ages and how they lived.

honestly, the only passed away royal i know is Princess Diana, The queen Mother and Princess Margaret (the queen's sister ).

I suppose that Furienna and Elspeth are talking about people like Louis XIV, Ferdinand VII, Nicholas II, Frederick the Great, Catherine II, Empress Eugenia de Montijo and so on...Not only recently dead royals, as Lady Di.

I'm very interested in "dead royals" (LOL), and a little for alive ones. However, I think that this forums provides to us, all kind of threads to discuss all royals...even the little baby royals, who are adorable! :D

Vanesa.

I love reading about medieval royals. I always love reading about Queen Elizabeth I and Mary I and Henry VIII and Victoria. There was so many political manoeuvres and endless plots to overthrow each other, it seems as though there was ever a dull moment at the royal courts back in those days.

I think that in most aspects the 'dead royals' are really more interesting than the 'live' ones, and can tell it because now my readings are all about the 'dad royals' like marie antoinette, and other french royal, some german royals like empress sissi, and of couse abou the portuguese royals. I believe this happens because nowadays we can see them and we can almost everything that royals do because of the media, and I think that sometimes the 'dead royals' can be more interesting because we have not more information about them and we would like to know how they lived in their time.

tinLy said:
honestly, the only passed away royal i know is Princess Diana, The queen Mother and Princess Margaret (the queen's sister ).

We're talking about long dead royals...there are thousands and thousands of them!

I'm just a history nerd, and though I get more and more interested in the current royals while looking through this forum, the historical royals still remain even more interesting to me.

Furienna said:
I'm just a history nerd, and though I get more and more interested in the current royals while looking through this forum, the historical royals still remain even more interesting to me.
Very true Furienna; I'm a history nut too. i used to be intrested in dead english/scottish royals like Empress Matilda; James IV (i share the same birthday with him :) ); william wallace; queen mary of scots; lady jane grey; owen tudor; catherine of france but now i am intrested in past and present royals from luxembourg to belgium (prince amedeo ;))from denmark (prince frederick + princess mary and the myth that Hans Christian Anderson is a son of King Christian X or something like that + canute + princess dagmar) to norway (the first monarch of the new independent country...King Haakon VII and Queen Maud + Princess Martha Louise) because i get more and more intrested in current royals while going through this forum. if that made any sense ;) i just have a load of biology work that i have to do.

Last edited:
I love the royals of old, too. You can't truly appreciate the royal and princely houses of today without knowing a bit about their histories. I especially love trying to tie all the royals of today with their ancestors and finding that common link.

You're right. I think the royals from history has contributed a lot to what has become today's royals, scandals included.

Am I the only one here, who's more interested in dead royalities than in the ones, who are still alive?
As you can see from my avatar. I am as well.

I like the historical royalties.
For those countries which are still monarchies, where did they get their royal traditions, royal castles, and royal ceremonies?
From the Past.

Do you find historical monarchs more interesting than modern monarchs?

Do you find historical monarchs more interesting than modern monarchs?

I do most of the monarchs or royality that interest me lived before 1945. I have never really had any interest in modern monarchs or royalty. Its mainly with historical once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom