The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Courtier

I don't think that Nicole was a one nighter but I do agree that there was someone very special who he was told he couldn't marry. I remember reading (can't remember where) that he actually wanted to marry a black girl when he was in his 20's but was told no.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

I heard about a set of twins born this year, I can't remember the race of the parents, but one child was born fair and one child was dark. They said it was vary rare. It happen in the US, so maybe someone else heard about it.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Ali Agha_Khan and actress Rita Hewarth is interracial marriage.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma
Prince Ali Agha_Khan and actress Rita Hewarth is interracial marriage.
Wasn't he aryan?
People tend to think that all iranian are arabic when most of them are actually aryan (or caucasic) so if that was the case then it wouldn't be an interracial marriage
Old 03-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Courtier

Just as a matter of interest not all New Zealanders are Maori. Maori are descendants of the first inhabitants of New Zealand. Pakeha (par-key-ha) are the descendants of the first settlers who came to the shores of New Zealand.
Also, interacial marriages refer to skin colour and not cultures or ethnic groups.

Stellad
Old 03-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad
Also, interacial marriages refer to skin colour and not cultures or ethnic groups.

Stellad
Not necessarily. One can LOOK a certain way phenotypically, but not be that way genitically. There have been people I have mistaken for white who identify themselves as black. An example is the actor Wentworth Miller. So while race is USUALLY skin deep (i.e. a person can be correctly identified by skin color), it is not ALWAYS skin deep.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Nobility

Batista the President have nothing to do with the Batista's on Maria Teresa's family, not all the Batistas are families as not all the Browns, Rodriguez or Smith are.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Batista the President have nothing to do with the Batista's on Maria Teresa's family, not all the Batistas are families as not all the Browns, Rodriguez or Smith are.
perhaps you're right. however, i've done my homework and looked at various sources, and they've all basically said the same thing, they left with batista, b/c her mother was part of the batista family and her parents had close ties with the regime; basically a stay and suffer choice, or flee and live.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Wasn't he aryan?
People tend to think that all iranian are arabic when most of them are actually aryan (or caucasic) so if that was the case then it wouldn't be an interracial marriage
The Agha Khan family claims that Prince Ali Khan was (in the 48th generation) a direct descendent in a male line of Ali, the cousin of the prophet Muhammad, and of Fatima, the prophet’s daughter. The family’s origins are accordingly Arabic, but they later mixed with other races, married women of Iranian and other descent. The Shah of Persia gave Ali Khan’s grandfather, Hasan Ali Shah, the title of Aga Khan.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Gentry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ouples#Royalty
Here is a link from wikipedia.com:)
Old 04-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Quite interesting!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

On Race and Royals...

Well, time for everyone to come in here and say what's on their mind. Just a word of advice, keep it clean and keep it polite.

This is the part where we can discuss couples like Prince Albert and Madame Nicole Coste and what perceptions we see in the press about them when compared to the perception and press coverage of Prince Albert and Mrs. Rotolo.

We can also discuss the lovely Princess Angela of Liechenstein and how is she accepted (or rejected?) as an in-law member of a ruling European family.

Also fair game: I think a Windsor is dating or got married to a Maori person and Prince and Princess Michael will soon have an in-law of Indian origin.

The Habsburgs have also married people from other races, one married a lady from Sudan and another one a lady from Lebanon.
A Jordan prince married a lady from Pakistan and a Thailand's princess married someone from India.
So, times have changed and rules are thrown off the window. What do you Forumnites think of that?
Old 06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Courtier

I think it is wonderful. People are people, no matter what hue their skin is. I commend those who have taken that first step and married outside of their race.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Royal Highness

And sorry to start a thread and leave, but I got to catch some sleep in my time zone.
But let me get things started...
Nicole Coste is threated by the press quite diferently from Tamara Rotolo. Nicole's story vilified while Tamara's articles seem to made constant mention of that sugar coated Hollywood movie The Princess Diaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
I think it is wonderful. People are people, no matter what hue their skin is. I commend those who have taken that first step and married outside of their race.
Those people are really brave because they do get pressure from both sides.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Commoner

we're in the 21st century, its about time we got rid of prejudices and stereotypes. people of all races in the world are the same, genetically, intellectually and spiritually, what is so different between a white/hispanic/arab or black person? Nothing.

by the way, you've forgotten princess alexandra and joachim of denmark, yes i know there not together anymore, but they were husband and wife with two adorable boys.

i believe in any marriage people get pressure from both sides, but the problem is in their situation, people hide it and blame the differences.

i haven't got much facts on the prince albert stories, but i thought nicole coste got vilified for giving an interview, whilst tamara rotolo kept quiet.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Also fair game: I think a Windsor is dating or got married to a Maori person
Lady Davina Windsor, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, is married to a Gary Lewis, a Maorian-born man.

Gary & Davina wedding picture

I believe that Gary has a son as well.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Courtier

We are all one race, just different nationalities :)

"MII"
Old 06-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

Not true. We are different races, even there is an expression like "the human race". There are at least three races within the spieces of homo sapiens: The white (european/caucasian) race, the black (african) race and yellow/red (east asian/native american) race. It's not more strange than that poodles, dachshounds and dobermanns all are dogs, they're only different races. That doesn't mean, that any race is worth less than the other though, or that two people of different races can't get married to each other.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
Not true. We are different races, even there is an expression like "the human race". There are at least three races within the spieces of homo sapiens: The white (european/caucasian) race, the black (african) race and yellow/red (east asian/native american) race. It's not more strange than that poodles, dachshounds and dobermanns all are dogs, they're only different races. That doesn't mean, that any race is worth less than the other though, or that two people of different races can't get married to each other.
I guess you may have brought up a valid point.

I see it as we are all part of the HUMAN race..no one should be called another race because of the colour of their skin, hair, eyes..whatever..it makes them sound like an alien object and that's not right nor is it appropriate I think.

As for dogs, that's incorrect, they are different breed's the same as we are of different nationalities, but are still the same race! Dogs dont descriminate between who is from which continent.lol.

"MII"
Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

Yet, we are the only 'breed' that discriminates against its own kind. When did all this started? During the serfdom and slavery times? after the post French Revolution when we had the Pan Slavic, Pan German, Pan-whatever movements?
Today we have magazine editors and those who control the news still using fear to encourage their own race ideas.
And it seems there is a market. For example, back to Nicole-Tamara: Nicole's story did not have exploding headlines asking Albert to marry her but if the little boy they had could ever take over a caucasian country. Compare that to the sugar coated romanticism presented this week toward the previous child:

Real-Life Princess Diaries: Prince Albert's Second Love Child
June 1, 2006 — It is the stuff fairy tales and Hollywood movies are made of. One day you're a typical California girl, and the next the world treats you like a princess.
...Since taking over, Albert has tried to rule his Mediterranean resort with honesty and transparency. French authorities accused the principality of tolerating money laundering in the late '90s. Monaco, a major banking and gambling center, denied any such claims. Regardless, Prince Albert's truth-telling kick has extended to his personal life.

and...
Prince Albert of Monaco recognizes lost daughter
PALM DESERT, Calif. (AP) - This desert oasis that has long been home to presidents and movie stars now has a touch of royalty....If it sounds like the plot of a Disney movie, it is - almost.

Even Albert comes out in a good light by association to his 'new' child. Something we did not see a year ago when the news on Alexandre were all over the papers.