The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

reading back to some of the posts i think many here are confusing race and culture as one. there not.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Phillip of Greece

Crown Prince FRederik of Denmark to Crown Princess Mary who is Scottish though raised in Australasia.

King George V of England to Queen Mary of Denmark

King George VI to Queen Elizabeth of Scotland

Crown Prince Hamzah who is Half Jordanian, quarter Lebanese, part swedish and Irish woo hoo to Crown Princess Noor who is part Jordanian and Persian.

King Jouan-Carlos of Spain to Queen Sofia of Greece

Prince Ali of Jordan to Princess Rym of Algeria

Prince Hassan of Jordan to Princess Sarvath of Pakistan

Prince Renier of Monaco to Princess Grace of the USA

I at present can't think of anymore :)
These are intercultural. They have nothing to do with interracial marriages. Princes Phillip and Queen Elizabeth are distant counsins. Most of the marriages you list are between caucasians.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Has GD Henri and GD Maria Theresa been mentioned? What about CP Maxima and CP Willem? Could they be considered interracial marriages?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

The marriage between CP Maxima and CP Willem is not an example of interracial marriage. It is an example of inter-cultural marrige. It is also the same for GD Henri and Maria Theresa (I think). Interracial marriage is a marriage between two people of different races. An Asian man marries a European caucasian woman is an example of interracial marriage.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
She's German and he's Iranian? I think please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&stc=1&thumb=1http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&stc=1&thumb=1

Pics from the Soraya thread.
They are not interracial. Both are members of the caucasian group that is the one that has people as varied as germans to indians (from India).

Here is something to clarify the term race a little better

and for something more interesting, try Scientific American's article Does Race Exist?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Toledo, as always, thank you for your intelligent opinions on TRF :)
Old 03-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
It is also the same for GD Henri and Maria Theresa (I think).
She is a born cuban. So yes they qualify I'd say. Plus: Josephine- Charlotte liked to call her daughter- in- law La Negrita. Not very charming!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Aristocracy

Is it just a rumour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
She is a born cuban. So yes they qualify I'd say. Plus: Josephine- Charlotte liked to call her daughter- in- law La Negrita. Not very charming!
What!! Can some1 please xplain why Josephine-Charlotte never liked her daughter in law. I have heard this mentioned several times but it never gets explaines. Someone help me out please!!! Do they get along now?
Old 03-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
Do they get along now?
Well, you do know JC died a year ago, right?? Anyway, she treated all her daughters- in- laws (who she thought of as taking her 'lil boys away) badly. But when maybe 4 years ago she spread rumors that Henri cheated on Maria Teresa, it was too much for MT and after a get-together with journalists she broke down and told them. Of course the journalists didn't keep quite back then. Rumors are/ were the two women made up - at least a bit - before JC's death.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
What!! Can some1 please xplain why Josephine-Charlotte never liked her daughter in law. I have heard this mentioned several times but it never gets explaines. Someone help me out please!!! Do they get along now?
JC was old-school royalty and always wanted equal marriages for her children, specially for Henri (the heir back then) and then he appeared with a latinamerican woman, imagine the raging fit she had:p
Old 03-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Nobility

Maxima and Willem are both whites, Latin is not a race, races are white, black, yellow, etc, in America they subdivide the races as caucasians, hispanics, afroamericans, for me that's a huge mistake since you can find white blond native people in Africa and Mexico and black native of Spain. You can have two latins and one is black and the other one is extra blond. To me Maxima and Willem are both the same race, as well as Maria Teresa and the Grand Duque, Joachim however did marry a person of another race, what we call a yellow or asiatic woman, they are not from different cultures but from diferent races as well. Its my point of view.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Gentry

yes but

Maria Tesera is mixed her father is black and mother white.
Alexandra of denmark aswell chinese father an white mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Maxima and Willem are both whites, Latin is not a race, races are white, black, yellow, etc, in America they subdivide the races as caucasians, hispanics, afroamericans, for me that's a huge mistake since you can find white blond native people in Africa and Mexico and black native of Spain. You can have two latins and one is black and the other one is extra blond. To me Maxima and Willem are both the same race, as well as Maria Teresa and the Grand Duque, Joachim however did marry a person of another race, what we call a yellow or asiatic woman, they are not from different cultures but from diferent races as well. Its my point of view.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Maria Teresa's father is black? I'm not sure of this at all, that would be surprising, she's as white as me.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Gentry

do you really live in france where you can really see

"metissage " ? just have a look in the streets...:)

Furthermore you have different kind of white,black,asian etc....
Haven't you noticed that she has a different color from her husband ?
MT is cuban with a black father. Like Mariah Carey. My sister is white even if our father is black.

If someone have old Point de Vue from the 80s and from the wedding of MT of luxembourg post-it please,There were family portraits and you can see her father. I remember perfectly well because my aunt used to buy all the point de vue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Maria Teresa's father is black? I'm not sure of this at all, that would be surprising, she's as white as me.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouk
Maria Tesera is mixed her father is black and mother white.
Alexandra of denmark aswell chinese father an white mother.
Where did you get that info from? Maria Teresa was born Maria Teresa Mestre Batista-Falla, his father and mother are both white cubans, from one of the most prestigious families back to the 50's, not that black families are not prestigious, but they were not black by any means, Maria Teresa grannies have they ancestors in Cataluña from the father side and Tenerife from the mother side, as they emigrated to Cuba.

BTW. If Maria Teresa's father were a black man they won't be married today since by that time the common people weren't that open mind as nowadays, the interracial couples were exception not rules and not at exception for the royals at all, least the case of the Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, who, being Maria Teresa a cultured woman who happens to speak 5 lenguage, about 4 of them from her early ages since she went to the most prestigious colleges; just because Maria Teresa wasn't european her mother in law used to called her "the little cuban" with irony, go figure if Maria Teresa's father would have being black.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Courtier

mt is, if my history is correct, black via her mother who's a batista, and the batistas have native cuban(indian), chinese, and african dna flowing through their veins. as for her father, i'm not sure. from all the pics i've seen of him, those that are in color, he just seems to have a really bad tan. for more info on the batistas - mt's mother's family, just do a google on fulgenencio batista(sp?) the cuban dictator from the 40's? to the 50's.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Are you talking about mulato's? I've seen pictures of her parents and they look white to me.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Aristocracy

When a Caucasian person produces a child with a black, asian, or spanish person you really don't know how your children are going to turn out. Take me for example I am a African-American with a Dutch-Aruban mother who is black and a Trinidadian-Italian father. Both of my parents have very dark skin like the actor Sean Patrick Thomas (he's the only person I could think with dark skin like my parents) and I have very fair skin. Believe me it throws people way off when they see me and my mother together, because they assume that I'm half-white when I'm really not. But it really all boils down to genes. There are some black families whose family members are all dark and then someone has a child with fair skin and blue eyes. (I have seen children like that) In my case my grandmother on my mother's side was a mulatto and my great-grandfather was caucasian. Thats why my complexion is so fair. Basically which genes are more prominent in the child determines wht they will look like.

I haven't seen any pictures of Maria-Teresa's family but they are probably very fair Cubans. Because there are Cubans who look black and white like Gloria Estefan.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 AM

I think that its great that people want to be with other races other than their own. if only albert of monaco had the guts to marry the women he really loved which in my opinion was nicole coste the mother of his baby. I´m sure albert would have wanted that.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb The theory of Lil Princess Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyofmonaco
I think that its great that people want to be with other races other than their own. if only albert of monaco had the guts to marry the women he really loved which in my opinion was nicole coste the mother of his baby. I´m sure albert would have wanted that.
I reckon that Nicole Coste was just a one-nighter. I do however believe that Albert is in love with some1 he can't have. My theory is that he plays the field because his heart already belongs to some1 else. Who this woman is, I am not quite sure. Some people may scoff @ my theory but I have an instinct about thses things and am usually on the money ( meaning I'm usually right).