Interracial Royal Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima and Willem are both whites, Latin is not a race, races are white, black, yellow, etc, in America they subdivide the races as caucasians, hispanics, afroamericans, for me that's a huge mistake since you can find white blond native people in Africa and Mexico and black native of Spain. You can have two latins and one is black and the other one is extra blond. To me Maxima and Willem are both the same race, as well as Maria Teresa and the Grand Duque, Joachim however did marry a person of another race, what we call a yellow or asiatic woman, they are not from different cultures but from diferent races as well. Its my point of view.

yes but

Maria Tesera is mixed her father is black and mother white.
Alexandra of denmark aswell chinese father an white mother.

RaniaRocks said:
Maxima and Willem are both whites, Latin is not a race, races are white, black, yellow, etc, in America they subdivide the races as caucasians, hispanics, afroamericans, for me that's a huge mistake since you can find white blond native people in Africa and Mexico and black native of Spain. You can have two latins and one is black and the other one is extra blond. To me Maxima and Willem are both the same race, as well as Maria Teresa and the Grand Duque, Joachim however did marry a person of another race, what we call a yellow or asiatic woman, they are not from different cultures but from diferent races as well. Its my point of view.

Maria Teresa's father is black? I'm not sure of this at all, that would be surprising, she's as white as me.

do you really live in france where you can really see

"metissage " ? just have a look in the streets...:)

Furthermore you have different kind of white,black,asian etc....
Haven't you noticed that she has a different color from her husband ?
MT is cuban with a black father. Like Mariah Carey. My sister is white even if our father is black.

If someone have old Point de Vue from the 80s and from the wedding of MT of luxembourg post-it please,There were family portraits and you can see her father. I remember perfectly well because my aunt used to buy all the point de vue.

Danielane said:
Maria Teresa's father is black? I'm not sure of this at all, that would be surprising, she's as white as me.

pouk said:
Maria Tesera is mixed her father is black and mother white.
Alexandra of denmark aswell chinese father an white mother.

Where did you get that info from? Maria Teresa was born Maria Teresa Mestre Batista-Falla, his father and mother are both white cubans, from one of the most prestigious families back to the 50's, not that black families are not prestigious, but they were not black by any means, Maria Teresa grannies have they ancestors in Cataluña from the father side and Tenerife from the mother side, as they emigrated to Cuba.

BTW. If Maria Teresa's father were a black man they won't be married today since by that time the common people weren't that open mind as nowadays, the interracial couples were exception not rules and not at exception for the royals at all, least the case of the Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, who, being Maria Teresa a cultured woman who happens to speak 5 lenguage, about 4 of them from her early ages since she went to the most prestigious colleges; just because Maria Teresa wasn't european her mother in law used to called her "the little cuban" with irony, go figure if Maria Teresa's father would have being black.

Last edited:
mt is, if my history is correct, black via her mother who's a batista, and the batistas have native cuban(indian), chinese, and african dna flowing through their veins. as for her father, i'm not sure. from all the pics i've seen of him, those that are in color, he just seems to have a really bad tan. for more info on the batistas - mt's mother's family, just do a google on fulgenencio batista(sp?) the cuban dictator from the 40's? to the 50's.

Are you talking about mulato's? I've seen pictures of her parents and they look white to me.

When a Caucasian person produces a child with a black, asian, or spanish person you really don't know how your children are going to turn out. Take me for example I am a African-American with a Dutch-Aruban mother who is black and a Trinidadian-Italian father. Both of my parents have very dark skin like the actor Sean Patrick Thomas (he's the only person I could think with dark skin like my parents) and I have very fair skin. Believe me it throws people way off when they see me and my mother together, because they assume that I'm half-white when I'm really not. But it really all boils down to genes. There are some black families whose family members are all dark and then someone has a child with fair skin and blue eyes. (I have seen children like that) In my case my grandmother on my mother's side was a mulatto and my great-grandfather was caucasian. Thats why my complexion is so fair. Basically which genes are more prominent in the child determines wht they will look like.

I haven't seen any pictures of Maria-Teresa's family but they are probably very fair Cubans. Because there are Cubans who look black and white like Gloria Estefan.

I think that its great that people want to be with other races other than their own. if only albert of monaco had the guts to marry the women he really loved which in my opinion was nicole coste the mother of his baby. I´m sure albert would have wanted that.

The theory of Lil Princess Lost

sandyofmonaco said:
I think that its great that people want to be with other races other than their own. if only albert of monaco had the guts to marry the women he really loved which in my opinion was nicole coste the mother of his baby. I´m sure albert would have wanted that.

I reckon that Nicole Coste was just a one-nighter. I do however believe that Albert is in love with some1 he can't have. My theory is that he plays the field because his heart already belongs to some1 else. Who this woman is, I am not quite sure. Some people may scoff @ my theory but I have an instinct about thses things and am usually on the money ( meaning I'm usually right).;)

I don't think that Nicole was a one nighter but I do agree that there was someone very special who he was told he couldn't marry. I remember reading (can't remember where) that he actually wanted to marry a black girl when he was in his 20's but was told no.

I heard about a set of twins born this year, I can't remember the race of the parents, but one child was born fair and one child was dark. They said it was vary rare. It happen in the US, so maybe someone else heard about it.

Prince Ali Agha_Khan and actress Rita Hewarth is interracial marriage.

asma said:
Prince Ali Agha_Khan and actress Rita Hewarth is interracial marriage.

Wasn't he aryan?
People tend to think that all iranian are arabic when most of them are actually aryan (or caucasic) so if that was the case then it wouldn't be an interracial marriage:cool:

Just as a matter of interest not all New Zealanders are Maori. Maori are descendants of the first inhabitants of New Zealand. Pakeha (par-key-ha) are the descendants of the first settlers who came to the shores of New Zealand.
Also, interacial marriages refer to skin colour and not cultures or ethnic groups.

Stellad

stellad said:
Also, interacial marriages refer to skin colour and not cultures or ethnic groups.

Stellad

Not necessarily. One can LOOK a certain way phenotypically, but not be that way genitically. There have been people I have mistaken for white who identify themselves as black. An example is the actor Wentworth Miller. So while race is USUALLY skin deep (i.e. a person can be correctly identified by skin color), it is not ALWAYS skin deep.

Batista the President have nothing to do with the Batista's on Maria Teresa's family, not all the Batistas are families as not all the Browns, Rodriguez or Smith are.

RaniaRocks said:
Batista the President have nothing to do with the Batista's on Maria Teresa's family, not all the Batistas are families as not all the Browns, Rodriguez or Smith are.

perhaps you're right. however, i've done my homework and looked at various sources, and they've all basically said the same thing, they left with batista, b/c her mother was part of the batista family and her parents had close ties with the regime; basically a stay and suffer choice, or flee and live.

crisiñaki said:
Wasn't he aryan?
People tend to think that all iranian are arabic when most of them are actually aryan (or caucasic) so if that was the case then it wouldn't be an interracial marriage:cool:

The Agha Khan family claims that Prince Ali Khan was (in the 48th generation) a direct descendent in a male line of Ali, the cousin of the prophet Muhammad, and of Fatima, the prophet’s daughter. The family’s origins are accordingly Arabic, but they later mixed with other races, married women of Iranian and other descent. The Shah of Persia gave Ali Khan’s grandfather, Hasan Ali Shah, the title of Aga Khan.

On Race and Royals...

Well, time for everyone to come in here and say what's on their mind. Just a word of advice, keep it clean and keep it polite.

This is the part where we can discuss couples like Prince Albert and Madame Nicole Coste and what perceptions we see in the press about them when compared to the perception and press coverage of Prince Albert and Mrs. Rotolo.

We can also discuss the lovely Princess Angela of Liechenstein and how is she accepted (or rejected?) as an in-law member of a ruling European family.

Also fair game: I think a Windsor is dating or got married to a Maori person and Prince and Princess Michael will soon have an in-law of Indian origin.

The Habsburgs have also married people from other races, one married a lady from Sudan and another one a lady from Lebanon.
A Jordan prince married a lady from Pakistan and a Thailand's princess married someone from India.
So, times have changed and rules are thrown off the window. What do you Forumnites think of that?

I think it is wonderful. People are people, no matter what hue their skin is. I commend those who have taken that first step and married outside of their race.

And sorry to start a thread and leave, but I got to catch some sleep in my time zone.
But let me get things started...
Nicole Coste is threated by the press quite diferently from Tamara Rotolo. Nicole's story vilified while Tamara's articles seem to made constant mention of that sugar coated Hollywood movie The Princess Diaries.

michelleq said:
I think it is wonderful. People are people, no matter what hue their skin is. I commend those who have taken that first step and married outside of their race.
Those people are really brave because they do get pressure from both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
we're in the 21st century, its about time we got rid of prejudices and stereotypes. people of all races in the world are the same, genetically, intellectually and spiritually, what is so different between a white/hispanic/arab or black person? Nothing.

by the way, you've forgotten princess alexandra and joachim of denmark, yes i know there not together anymore, but they were husband and wife with two adorable boys.

i believe in any marriage people get pressure from both sides, but the problem is in their situation, people hide it and blame the differences.

i haven't got much facts on the prince albert stories, but i thought nicole coste got vilified for giving an interview, whilst tamara rotolo kept quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true. We are different races, even there is an expression like "the human race". There are at least three races within the spieces of homo sapiens: The white (european/caucasian) race, the black (african) race and yellow/red (east asian/native american) race. It's not more strange than that poodles, dachshounds and dobermanns all are dogs, they're only different races. That doesn't mean, that any race is worth less than the other though, or that two people of different races can't get married to each other.

Furienna said:
Not true. We are different races, even there is an expression like "the human race". There are at least three races within the spieces of homo sapiens: The white (european/caucasian) race, the black (african) race and yellow/red (east asian/native american) race. It's not more strange than that poodles, dachshounds and dobermanns all are dogs, they're only different races. That doesn't mean, that any race is worth less than the other though, or that two people of different races can't get married to each other.

I guess you may have brought up a valid point.

I see it as we are all part of the HUMAN race..no one should be called another race because of the colour of their skin, hair, eyes..whatever..it makes them sound like an alien object and that's not right nor is it appropriate I think.

As for dogs, that's incorrect, they are different breed's the same as we are of different nationalities, but are still the same race! Dogs dont descriminate between who is from which continent.lol.

"MII"

Last edited:
Yet, we are the only 'breed' that discriminates against its own kind. When did all this started? During the serfdom and slavery times? after the post French Revolution when we had the Pan Slavic, Pan German, Pan-whatever movements?
Today we have magazine editors and those who control the news still using fear to encourage their own race ideas.
And it seems there is a market. For example, back to Nicole-Tamara: Nicole's story did not have exploding headlines asking Albert to marry her but if the little boy they had could ever take over a caucasian country. Compare that to the sugar coated romanticism presented this week toward the previous child:

Real-Life Princess Diaries: Prince Albert's Second Love Child
June 1, 2006 — It is the stuff fairy tales and Hollywood movies are made of. One day you're a typical California girl, and the next the world treats you like a princess.
...Since taking over, Albert has tried to rule his Mediterranean resort with honesty and transparency. French authorities accused the principality of tolerating money laundering in the late '90s. Monaco, a major banking and gambling center, denied any such claims. Regardless, Prince Albert's truth-telling kick has extended to his personal life.

and...
Prince Albert of Monaco recognizes lost daughter
PALM DESERT, Calif. (AP) - This desert oasis that has long been home to presidents and movie stars now has a touch of royalty....If it sounds like the plot of a Disney movie, it is - almost.

Even Albert comes out in a good light by association to his 'new' child. Something we did not see a year ago when the news on Alexandre were all over the papers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom