The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2005, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

I also think that we are mixing up races with cultures!! the topic was interracial, i dont think Diana and charles dont count and the list as well does count!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Prince Of Wales Is Not Greek, His Father Was Born In Greece But Thats Where It Ends. Late Diana Is Also Scottish And Irish.(most Scots, Irish,and Welsh Don't Like To Be Lumped With The English, Unless They Are)
I don't mean to knit-pick, but actually, Prince Charles is half Greek. Prince Philip is Greek (father's side) and his mother, I believe, was German in ancestry.

I would count Joachim and Alexandra to be an interracial couple. Though she's 3/4 European, she looks more Asian.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
please could you refrain from using the derrogatory phrased, COLOURED lady and use the term Lady/Woman of Coulour? Message from a Woman of Colour.:p :)
good point Roshanah

i don't know why people don't just say the colour i mean aren't we ALL 'coloured'? :p ...hehe i mean white and black are colours - well that's what i've always been taught
Old 08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Aristocracy

How can PC be half greek, when his father is danish? Philip was born in Greece and I say again that is where it ends. Prince Philip's mother was a desendent of Queen Victoria. But he is related to the greek royals. He also gave up his greek citizenship and would probleby throw a royal fit if anyone said he was greek.
Her majesty is half scottish, and german. The queen and philip are cousins, either second or third. They are both decedents of Queen Victoria.
Therefore there is no way Prince Charles can be half greek!:)

See the British Monarchy, the official website of the British Royal family.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Courtier

I apologize. These royal family trees are so hard to follow.

Philip's grandfather, George I, was born Danish, but became King of Greece.

Philip's father, Andrew, was Prince of Greece and Denmark who is 1/2 Russian

Philip, who is 1/2 Battenburg, 1/4 Danish, and 1/4 Russian, was born in Greece.

Again, I apologize. I was mislead by the fact that Philip's grandfather was the King of Greece and he was born there.

He's Greek by birth and through the family's rule, but not in ancestry.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

DELETED BY ME
Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Ferocious Wombats

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I think it is better to get emus as a nickname than wombat:p, the fat and lazy looking but it is a quite cute Australian native animal (in my opinion)....
Wombat? Fat and cute maybe, but a very determined digger of very large holes and burrows, with claws that could easily disembowel you. Be warned!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Wombat? Fat and cute maybe, but a very determined digger of very large holes and burrows, with claws that could easily disembowel you. Be warned!
Upsss..I really don't know that, the cute thing can be nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
HH the Maharaja (or King) Palden Thondup Namgyal of Sikkim married in 1963 Hope Cook, who was American (born in San Francisco). They were divorced in 1978/9.
Sikkim was incorporated into the Indian state in 1975. Indira Gandhi was no friend of traditional rulers, even in nominally independent neighbouring states.
Warren, you seems to know much about the last sikkim kingdom. I tried to find photo of the last queen of Sikkim without any luck. I just find article with the last king and queen photo which is not very clear picture.... http://www.sikkiminfo.net/palden_thondup_namgyal.htm
I found an article with King' photo but without photo of the Queen. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E33975,00.html
if you have a better picture of the last queen of Sikkim kingdom, it will be good to post here to show the race differences beetween them...(or anybody can help?) thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Courtier

If you're interested, she wrote an autobiography in the 1980s titled "Time Change". You may be able to find it at your local library. She currently resides in New York and, IIRC, gives tours of historic New York sites. Her daughter was/is involved with charitable /betterment programs to do with Sikkim.

Sean. ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Upsss..I really don't know that, the cute thing can be nasty.

Warren, you seems to know much about the last sikkim kingdom. I tried to find photo of the last queen of Sikkim without any luck. I just find article with the last king and queen photo which is not very clear picture.... http://www.sikkiminfo.net/palden_thondup_namgyal.htm
I found an article with King' photo but without photo of the Queen. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E33975,00.html
if you have a better picture of the last queen of Sikkim kingdom, it will be good to post here to show the race differences beetween them...(or anybody can help?) thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
A Kiwi is a New-Zealand native. I believe Maori does not design the Kiwi people but rather the language they speak and to a larger extend their culture.

So I would say her husband is Kiwi.
If memory serves (from my Mauri Language and Culture teachings from my former New Zealand Teacher) she said she was Mauri and that her Native Language is also known by the same name. He he he I just remembered my favourite word in Mauri, Kakariki which means Green!:) So if One were to go by what my former Mauri Teacher said, One can assume that it is also safe to call Natives of New Zealand including their Mother Tongue, Mauri.:)
Old 08-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I don't mean to knit-pick, but actually, Prince Charles is half Greek. Prince Philip is Greek (father's side) and his mother, I believe, was German in ancestry.

I would count Joachim and Alexandra to be an interracial couple. Though she's 3/4 European, she looks more Asian.
QEII is that and Danish too!:)
Old 08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
good point Roshanah

i don't know why people don't just say the colour i mean aren't we ALL 'coloured'? :p ...hehe i mean white and black are colours - well that's what i've always been taught
Same here!:)
Old 08-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

According to the Royal Encyclopedia(editors Ronald Allison and Sarah Riddell), Prince Philip is of Danish, German, and Russian descent. His family name is the Danish Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
if your ancestors came with the mayflower to america you are sure to have a bit of american indian blood.
I don't see what one has to do with the other. I am a descendant of WIlliam Brewster of the Mayflower and of Native AMerican ancestry but for me the NA part goes back 3 and 4 generations and one did not have to do with the other. Perhaps the probability is higher since the family has been here longer but no more than any other immigrant.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
If you're interested, she wrote an autobiography in the 1980s titled "Time Change". You may be able to find it at your local library. She currently resides in New York and, IIRC, gives tours of historic New York sites. Her daughter was/is involved with charitable /betterment programs to do with Sikkim.

Sean. ~
Thanks for the info sean.~, I'll tryto have a look it in library near by.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
You're confusing race with nationality. These are not interracial marriages. Angela Brown and Prince Maximillian of Lichtenstien -- now that *is* an interracial marriage.
The marraige of George VI and Elizabeth was inter racial as the Scots and English are different races. The Scots are Celts and the English Germanic.

With regards to Sikkim, Hope Cooke was not married to the last king of Sikkim. Her husband was overthrown by India and died in exile but his son is now king and lives in the royal palace in the capital, Gangtok. He is not recognised by India but to the Sikkimese he is their king and treat him as such.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

The Shah and Soraya? Interacial Couple.

She's German and he's Iranian? I think please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pics from the Soraya thread.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Iain]The marraige of George VI and Elizabeth was inter racial as the Scots and English are different races. The Scots are Celts and the English Germanic.

They were both white. Their union does not represent an interracial marriage.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=sommone]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
The marraige of George VI and Elizabeth was inter racial as the Scots and English are different races. The Scots are Celts and the English Germanic.

They were both white. Their union does not represent an interracial marriage.
I agree, it wasn't interracial. King George V and Queen Mary would have none of that!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:25 PM

prince rainer's mother was an illigetimate daughter from north africa, who was brought to monaco and declared legitimate