Interracial Royal Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
auntie said:
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is a Kiwi?
A Kiwi is a New-Zealand native. I believe Maori does not design the Kiwi people but rather the language they speak and to a larger extend their culture.

So I would say her husband is Kiwi.

henri and maria teresa are a good example as willem alexander and maxima. what about frederik and mary? not very interracial as such but from two totally different environments (although mary's father was european race, scottish).

don't know if they were mentioned: archduke maximilian and maya askari and princess badiya and mr. kalid blair.

Last edited:
carlota said:
henri and maria teresa are a good example as willem alexander and maxima. what about frederik and mary? not very interracial as such but from two totally different environments (although mary's father was european race, scottish).

don't know if they were mentioned: archduke maximilian and maya askari and princess badiya and mr. kalid blair.

I don't think the first two on your list really qualify as interracial, even tough the women in question might have some mixed blood. They are still considered caucassian.

Lady Gabriella Windsor (daughter of Prince Michael of Kent) has been seriously dating Aatish Taseer (of India) for the past two years

I think they look absolutely divine together!!!!!!!

Kiwis

Idriel said:
A Kiwi is a New-Zealand native. I believe Maori does not design the Kiwi people but rather the language they speak and to a larger extend their culture. So I would say her husband is Kiwi.
A Maori is a member of the Polynesian aboriginal people of New Zealand. It is also the name of their language.

The term Kiwi is a colloquialism for New Zealanders generally. It is also the name of a flightless NZ bird. Thankfully Australians aren't nicknamed emus!

Warren said:
HH the Maharaja (or King) Palden Thondup Namgyal of Sikkim married in 1963 Hope Cook, who was American (born in San Francisco). They were divorced in 1978/9.Sikkim was incorporated into the Indian state in 1975. Indira Gandhi was no friend of traditional rulers, even in nominally independent neighbouring states..
Thanks for the explanation Warren, those traditional rullers actualy has a unique position among people.

Warren said:
The term Kiwi is a colloquialism for New Zealanders generally. It is also the name of a flightless NZ bird. Thankfully Australians aren't nicknamed emus!..
Emus???!!...:D but I think it is better to get emus as a nickname than wombat:p, the fat and lazy looking but it is quiet cute Australian native animal (in my opinion)....:rolleyes:

Warren said:
A Maori is a member of the Polynesian aboriginal people of New Zealand. It is also the name of their language.

The term Kiwi is a colloquialism for New Zealanders generally. It is also the name of a flightless NZ bird. Thankfully Australians aren't nicknamed emus!
My bad. Thanks for the update.

I think wombats are sooo cute!

But on the topic, I think Prince Ranier of Monaco´s mother was Algerian? Thought I read it somwhere....not 100% sure.

I think I read on one of the other threads that Prince Albert of Monaco's cousin Baron de Massy is married to a coloured lady. Please correct me if I am wrong.

LadyS said:
I think I read on one of the other threads that Prince Albert of Monaco's cousin Baron de Massy is married to a coloured lady. Please correct me if I am wrong.

He had married three times. One of his ex-wives, Anne Lutken, died (from drug use?) back in 2001. She was Norwegian born. His first wife was Maria Martel Quintina, and his second wife a certain Cecilie, who was born in Guadalupe. I'm assuming she was Latin American, although I'm not exactly sure.

Sean

Gabriella's boyfriend is very, very handsome. They do look very good together. I suppose that I see things a little different, my husband is part Asian part Spanish, so therefore I guess that I like men with a bit of color to them!

elizahawthorne said:
Princess Sarvath and Prince Hassan
King Hussein and Princess Muna
King Hussein and Queen Noor (tho she is half labenese, so I don't know if this'd be considered interracial, but...anyway)

Q. Noor is less than half Lebanese. Her mother is of Swedish origin and her paternal grandmother was Irish....so at best she is quarter Lebanese .

elizahawthorne said:
King Hussein and Princess Muna
King Hussein and Queen Noor (tho she is half labenese, so I don't know if this'd be considered interracial, but...anyway)

Queen Noor is Half Lebenese and Swedish, although she was raised in the US. Her Motheris Swedish he he :p

LadyS said:

please could you refrain from using the derrogatory phrased, COLOURED lady and use the term Lady/Woman of Coulour? Message from a Woman of Colour.:p ;) :)

popsicle said:
i'm doing a project for my social studies class about the acceptance of interracial couples, and i wanted to focus on famous people for one section

could you list any interracial royals/when they got married?

i tried searching online and i found Prince Maximillian and Princess Angela, Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, as well as QEII's cousin Hon. James Lascelles and his Nigerian wife

are there any others, living or dead?

much appreciated!! :)

Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Phillip of Greece

Crown Prince FRederik of Denmark to Crown Princess Mary who is Scottish though raised in Australasia.

King George V of England to Queen Mary of Denmark

King George VI to Queen Elizabeth of Scotland

Crown Prince Hamzah who is Half Jordanian, quarter Lebanese, part swedish and Irish woo hoo to Crown Princess Noor who is part Jordanian and Persian.

King Jouan-Carlos of Spain to Queen Sofia of Greece

Prince Ali of Jordan to Princess Rym of Algeria

Prince Hassan of Jordan to Princess Sarvath of Pakistan

Prince Renier of Monaco to Princess Grace of the USA

I at present can't think of anymore :)

popsicle said:
i'm doing a project for my social studies class about the acceptance of interracial couples, and i wanted to focus on famous people for one section

could you list any interracial royals/when they got married?

i tried searching online and i found Prince Maximillian and Princess Angela, Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, as well as QEII's cousin Hon. James Lascelles and his Nigerian wife

are there any others, living or dead?

much appreciated!! :)

Prince Charles of Wales He's Part Danish, Scottish, Greek, Saxon to LAdy Diana Spencer of England who became/HRH Princess Dianaof Wales :)

I thought QN was half syrian.
And I don't think one can count Pcharles and PDiana as an interraccial couple.

One more intercultural marriage - King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden and Queen Silvia Sommerlath, part German and part Brazilian.

La la said:
One more intercultural marriage - King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden and Queen Silvia Sommerlath, part German and part Brazilian.

That is the word I was looking for, intercultural. Many of the examples given wouldn't be considered interracial, more intercultural, or in some cases, different ethnicities per se. Prince Maximillian and Princess Angela are an example of an interracial couple.

Roshanah said:
Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Phillip of Greece

Crown Prince FRederik of Denmark to Crown Princess Mary who is Scottish though raised in Australasia.

King George V of England to Queen Mary of Denmark

King George VI to Queen Elizabeth of Scotland

Crown Prince Hamzah who is Half Jordanian, quarter Lebanese, part swedish and Irish woo hoo to Crown Princess Noor who is part Jordanian and Persian.

King Jouan-Carlos of Spain to Queen Sofia of Greece

Prince Ali of Jordan to Princess Rym of Algeria

Prince Hassan of Jordan to Princess Sarvath of Pakistan

Prince Renier of Monaco to Princess Grace of the USA

I at present can't think of anymore :)

You're confusing race with nationality. These are not interracial marriages. Angela Brown and Prince Maximillian of Lichtenstien -- now that *is* an interracial marriage.

Last edited:
Prince Of Wales Is Not Greek, His Father Was Born In Greece But Thats Where It Ends. Late Diana Is Also Scottish And Irish.(most Scots, Irish,and Welsh Don't Like To Be Lumped With The English, Unless They Are)

I Thought This Forum Was About Interracial Royal Couples. The Way Some Of You Are Going All The Royals Should Be Considered Interracial.

Maybe We NEED POPSICLE To Better Explain What She Meant.

elizahawthorne said:

I wouldnt count Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath as interracial. They're from different cultural, linguistic backgrounds, not races.
I myself am not fond of referring to people by the skin of their colour or any other sort of racial terminology, but usually when people refer to race they mean caucasian vs. black vs. mongoloid etc.
If we called groups of people who spoke a different language and came from a different culture a different "race" then we'd have hundreds of races all over the planet. Thats a little problematic.

Last edited:
Sean.~ said:
You're confusing race with nationality. These are not interracial marriages. Angela Brown and Prince Maximillian of Lichtenstien -- now that *is* an interracial marriage.

my point.
Some of the countries listed by Roshanah haven't even existed for a century. Does that mean those "races" did not exist a hundred years ago:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom