Favourite Deceased Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Alexandra
Princess Marina, the Duchess of Kent
Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
Princess Margaret, the Countess of Snowdon
Tsar Nicholas II, Alexandra Feodorovna and their children
Queen Astrid of Belgium
Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg
King Christian IX of Denmark
Queen Ingrid of Denmark

Diana, Princess of Wales
Princess Grace
Tsar Nicholas II
Alix of Hesse
Grand duchess Olga,Tatiana,Maria,Anastasia
Their brother Nicholai
Princess Margaret
Princess Marina
Princess Charlotte of Wales
Dagmar of Russia
King Christian IX of Denmark
Alexandra of Wales
Prince Bertil

HRH Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, Britains longest lived born royal and the last of Queen Victoria's grandchildren to die. She was the one who debunked the "we are not amused" story. She definitely had an interesting life and a sense of adventure, vicereine of South Africa and Canada, traveling in disguise on a camel in the Arab desert, and her annual travels to Jamaica by banana boat.

Last edited:
Prince Claus of the Netherlands, a very intelligent and capable man, who couldn't pursue all the things he would have liked because of his 'royal position', he came into the country and met a very anti-german (because of WW2) mood and eventually became the dutch' favorite royal...
(plus: i love the 'tie-speech' :) )

Prince Claus of the Netherlands, a very intelligent and capable man, who couldn't pursue all the things he would have liked because of his 'royal position', he came into the country and met a very anti-german (because of WW2) mood and eventually became the dutch' favorite royal...

OMG how could I forget him!!! he was such an amazing person and he and Queen Beatrix made a great team!!! So sad he is gone:sad::sad:

I would say The Princess of Wales, The Queen Mother, Prince William of Gloucester and the two main royals we don't hear much about, King George V & Queen Mary.

Princess Diana of Wales
Princess Grace
Queen Mum
Queen Victoria
Just to name a few that came to my mind

The late Prince is one of my favourite's too!

RIP

Diana,princess of wales
Czar Nicholas II
Czarina Alexandra fyodorovna
Grand duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Marie and Anastasia
Czarevich aleksey
Princess grace of Monaco
Queen Elizabeth, the queen mother
Princess margaret
Princess Alice, grand duchess of Hesse and by Rhine
Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom
Prince Albert of saxe coburg and gotha
Princess ragnhild of Norway
Crown princess Martha of Norway
Princess astrid of Sweden
Princess Alice, countess of athlone and prymont
Princess royal Victoria, empress of Prussia
Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain
Princess Alexandra of Greece and Denmark
Grand duke Sergei alexandrovich
Grand duchess Elisabeth fyodorovna
Princess Elisabeth of Hesse and by Rhine(1895)
Empress Elisabeth of Austria
Queen Marie Antoinette
King Louis XVI
Archduke franz Ferdinand
Princess Sybilla of saxe coburg and gotha
Alix de Lannoy
Prince Claus of the Netherlands
:: flowers ::

Queen Mary (Mary of Teck)
Edward VII
Queen Elizabeth Queen Mum
Princess Grace
Queen Victoria

My list included:
1.King baudouin of Belgium.
2.Queen Ena
3.Prince Bernhard.
4.Princess Diana.
5.Princess Marina

My list included:
1.King baudouin of Belgium.
2.Queen Ena
3.Prince Bernhard.
4.Princess Diana.
5.Princess Marina

Prince Claus, absolutely. He was remarkable, and I can tell Queen Beatrix still misses him, especially during this most difficult time with Friso. :sad:

Queen Ingrid of Denmark, she really meant a lot, not only to the royal family but to the entire nation. I think the only reason why I remember her so vividly (being very young when she died), is that I met her once and I'll never forget that. Even though she was old at the time, she had the most amazing spirit. I think you can see very much that she's gone. The first couple of years after her death, Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie did a lot to try and gather the family each year, like Ingrid tried to, but now it seems like it's fading out more and it's rare to see the entire family gathered.

Queen Ingrid of Denmark, she really meant a lot, not only to the royal family but to the entire nation. I think the only reason why I remember her so vividly (being very young when she died), is that I met her once and I'll never forget that. Even though she was old at the time, she had the most amazing spirit. I think you can see very much that she's gone. The first couple of years after her death, Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie did a lot to try and gather the family each year, like Ingrid tried to, but now it seems like it's fading out more and it's rare to see the entire family gathered.

What a wonderful story!!! How lucky you were, getting to meet her. She (and her husband) certainly raised three remarkable women. Very strong women!:flowers:

The Duchess of Halland.......she carried herself with decorum with being stuck up

Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Maria Elizabeth, "The Empress Mother of Brazil."

(1914-2011).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/563261_328948327210649_2146073065_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/523722_287806437995292_1561782853_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247744_287806407995295_602628317_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/603343_287771644665438_1038101185_n.jpg

She was a great dame, always trying to help the poor. My late great-grandmother, was a friend of her, a kind of Lady-in-Wainting, and remember that when I was very young (four or five years old), she took me to have tea with the Princess, it was the first time a met with Her Imperial and Royal Highness.

I also remember the mass to celebrate her 90th birthday, in 2004. It was the last time I saw her. I also remember of my great-grandmother crying when the Princess died. She died the following year, at the age of 105.

My favourite deceased royals are:

1. Princess Lilian
2. Queen Juliana
3. Queen Wilhelmina
4. Queen Ena
5. Queen Mary
6. King George VI

Last edited:
Bertie and the Queen Mum, Prince Claus

Queen Marie José of Italy(1906-2001), Queen Astrid of Belgium(1905-1935),
Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg(1927-2005),
King Baudouin of Belgium(1930-1993), Princess Diana of Wales(1961-1997),
Princess Grace of Monaco(1929-1982), Stefano Casiraghi(1960-1990),
Prince Johan Friso of Netherlands(1968-2013)

Prince Claus of Netherlands
Prince Rainier of Monaco

Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Maria Elizabeth, "The Empress Mother of Brazil."

(1914-2011).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/563261_328948327210649_2146073065_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/523722_287806437995292_1561782853_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247744_287806407995295_602628317_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/603343_287771644665438_1038101185_n.jpg

She was a great dame, always trying to help the poor. My late great-grandmother, was a friend of her, a kind of Lady-in-Wainting, and remember that when I was very young (four or five years old), she took me to have tea with the Princess, it was the first time a met with Her Imperial and Royal Highness.

I also remember the mass to celebrate her 90th birthday, in 2004. It was the last time I saw her. I also remember of my great-grandmother crying when the Princess died. She died the following year, at the age of 105.

Lovely photos, and fascinating personal recollections - thankyou. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom