Favourite Deceased Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) The Romanov Family;
2) Princess Grace of Monaco & Prince Rainier;
3) Princess Margaret;
4) Princess Diana of Wales;
5) King Hussein of Jordan;

Diana, Princess of Wales
Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco
Queen Astrid of Sweden
Princess Margaret of Connaught
Queen Ena of Spain

For me, it is Queen Juliana of The Netherlands. She was the first foreign royal I ever heard about when I was about 10 years old and my father brought a postcard of her for me when he visited friends over there.

-QE,the Queen Mother
-Princess Diana of Wales
-Princess Grace of Monaco

He wasn't a royal,my friend.He just married one :flowers:

I know Melina, but i think that his lovestory with P. Caroline was so moving, his death so tragic, that he quicly fell into the realm of the legend. He may not be e real royal, but his discrete, low profile way, his devoted love to his wife and his children earned him a somewhat legendary status. :unicorn:

Emperor Nicholas II & Empress Alexandra & their children Olga, Tatiana. Maria, Anastasia and Alexei & Grand Duchess Elisabeth Feodorovna (sister of Tsarina Alexandra, married to Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovitch of Russia).

And I for myself would add Empress Maria Fyodorovna and Queen Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

Confining myself to more recent times (or I'd go on too long) I would say:
-King Baudouin of the Belgians
-Princess Grace and Prince Rainier III of Monaco
-Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
-Pope John Paul I (monarch of the Vatican State so I count him)
-Empress Nam Phuong of Vietnam
-King Olav V of Norway
-Queen Alia of Jordan

King Gustav VI Adolf of Sweden
King Olav V of Norway
Prince Bertil of Sweden
Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
Queen Louise of Sweden
King George VI

:rose:

Queen Juliana, Prince Bernhard and Prince Claus.

princess diana
tsar nicholas, the tsarina, their kids
grace kelly

-Empress Eugenie.
-King Alfonso XIII.
-Queen Victoria Eugenia.
-King Baudouin.
-Shah Mohamed Reza Pahlavi.
-Queen Soraya.

- Tsar Nicholas II, Tsarina Alexandra, Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Marie, Anastasia and Tsesarevich Alexei.
- Princess Grace of Monaco.
- Princess Margaret-Rose of United Kingdom.
- Queen Ingrid of Denmark.

I wish Princess Grace were still alive or at least had lived to old age. Things would probably be different with her kids (especially Albert) if she had lived longer.

Princess Diana
Princess Grace

-Princess Diana
-Tsar Nicholas II, Tsarina Alexandra, Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Marie, Anastasia and Tsesarevich Alexei

Duke of Cadix , unofficial engaged with Constantia of Habsbourg

Edward VII and Queen Alexandra
King Haakon and Queen Maud
Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden
Empress Frederick
Queen Victoria
Queen Marie of Romania (what a colorful personality)
Queen Astrid
King Albert and Queen Elizabeth of the Belgians
Kaiser Wilhelm II (technically not my favorite, but I love to hate him)

Princess Diana, of course. Look at how many ordinary people she brought so much joy to, the wonderful work she did for those less fortunate than herself, the way she brought her children up to be more modern instead of confined to an ivory tower, that gorgeous dress she wore at her wedding in 1981...

Princess Diana, Princess Grace, Queen Victoria..

Princess Grace & Princess Diana - There are so many changes within their families as well as cultural/artistic developments since both died - I would love to have seen how they adapted to these.

King Bauduin of the Belgians
Prince Claus of the Netherlands
Prince Bertil of Sweden
Queen Ingrid of Denmark

Queen Salote of Tonga :tongaflag: - I get the impression that she was a kind hearted person. Her eagerness to be out in the rain, and with the people, rather than hidden away in her carraige, is one of the countless reasons, I wish I could have seen Elizabeth II's coronation first hand. She was no pastie, though. I read David Attenborough's biography, and he devoted a whole chapter to the occasion when he met her. If only she hadn't died twenty four years before I was born.

George VI and The Queen Mother :rose: - They coped so well a Sovereign and Consort during WWII, especially given how he was not expected to become King. Duty came first :britflag: :royalstandard:

Princess Margaret :rose2: - She made some irresponsible health choices, but she had a strong spirit, and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. It must have been bad enough for The Queen to loose her only sibling, but the fact that Margaret was younger must have made it even more awful. On Margaret's part, she was in a lot of pain, and her oldest Grandchild was only five. A colourful life had a very sad ending :verysad:

Back
Top Bottom