If The Queen Met Her Ancestors

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkrish

Courtier
City
Toronto
Country
Canada
Hi all..
Call me crazy, but I just got this silly idea, when I happend to watch the ending of Titanic, and The Queen's Christmas Speech, back to back.
In the end of Titanic, Kate (Rose, not our Kate) is reunited with all her relatives and other passengers, including Jack, in heaven or dream or wherever.
Now I am thinking of a hypothetical situation in which Queen Elizabeth II will one day be re-united with all her ancestors..No doubt everyone will be damn proud of her, but such a historical persons they are, they will definitely judge her, grade her, according to their own priorities and points of view.
I have a few examples of what each one maybe thinking regd. QEII, with their own priorities-point -of-view:

Prince Albert: He was for modernisation and streamlining of the British monarchy, and the Queen fared much better than what he would have expected..
Queen Victoria: Though QEII didnt breed as prolifically as her, she ensured the entire European Royal brood remained as friends and relatives, keeping Victoria's legacy alive. Its a different matter that on stage, they dont appear that eager for continental royals, and inter-royal marriages are history. How will she judge the Queen regarding her kids' marriages, and the fact that she is way far active than Victoria..
Henry VIII: He must have been quite amused how his Church Of England 'evolved' from stripping a King of his crown, to allowing a future King to marry a divorcee. Anyway, he wont be much worried, as CoE, for him, was just a political toy..
George V: Would like to see how much his dynasty, for sake of which he even ignored the death pleas of blood relatives, and toiled like hell to modernise, fared under the reign of his grand-daughter.
Queen Mary: The woman who succeeded in passing her discipline and steadfastness and 'stiff upper lip' to her grand-daughter, how would she grade her
Elizabeth I: She would certainly be more anxious than anyone to grade the reign of her namesake. Though the 'superiority' over world seas she established is now doomed, the religious tolerance and secularism have gained more relavance in this world, but at the cost of Church itself. What will she say?
Edward VIII: He would have thoroughly disapproved of the Queen's silence and passivity throughout her reign.
I dont think Edward VII,George VI and QM had any real priorities, they just carried on with their job, as dictated by circumstances.
Also, there will be Diana, I am sure she will definitely be happy for the way the Queen handled her sons, and for also Charles and Camilla.
How will Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary, themselves Princesses of Wales,view the way a Princess of Wales almost doomed the monarchy, and the way EII handled Diana? (But dont go deep and personal into Diana thing, OK)

So what do you guys say..I dont know much about other historical figues, you can add anyone right from William the Conqueror. And what things would have impressed them or horrified/mortified them..
Absolute monarchs would expect much from her , while ceremonial monarchs would understand her problems and sympathise her..
Please dont keep singing praises of EII, I can do that better than you all. I will be more interested to see things in a critical aspect..especially her modernisation, passivity, marriage scandals of kids, commoner marriages, media intrusion etc etc. You can tell from perspective of various monarchs..
What similarities will they identify in the problems encounterd by EII and themselves? What lessons EII learnt from their own mistakes?
BTW I think it will be great to see QEII curtseying 39 monarchs and their consorts..lolz

Last edited:
It would be interesting if these individuals came down to the earth and had a meeting with Queen Elizabeth. It would be rather interesting to what they might say to the Queen. A conversation between the two Elizabeths would be most interesting.

Those who were absolute monarchists most likely would be very critical on how the royal family handled the press and others who have invaded their privacy over the years. Too soft on these people would be what they would say. They would also say that the court systems were too soft on these individuals. They probably would use this as one reason why it was necessary to have absolute power.

I think most of these monarchs would recognize that over the years that things change. Society changes and royalty changes although at a much slower rate. Some of the changes the monarchs would probably like (chosing their own partner) for example and other changes not so much. The ones who are absolute monarchs pretty much did what they wanted to do or found ways to do what they wanted to do.

This would be most interesting conversation to listen to and observe.

:previous:Thanks nascarlucy, tou are the only one seemed to understand mt 'crazy' idea..I am looking forward for more views like this..

Henry VIII and Elizabeth I would speak Elizabethan English, Shakespeare's English. It would slow the conversation some. It would sound exotic, and Elizabeth II would sound exotic to her forebears.

I think this issue a great thread, I just stumbled upon it, I will have to think on it for a few minutes

Can you imagine the two Queen Elizabeth's spending the day together? Or the first Queen Elizabeth seeing all the modern computer systems and other modern advances? This would be a most interesting conversation, I can surely say.

Can you imagine the two Queen Elizabeth's spending the day together? Or the first Queen Elizabeth seeing all the modern computer systems and other modern advances? This would be a most interesting conversation, I can surely say.

Personally I'd like to be there when Henry VIII discovers the scientific fact that its the male that determines the gender of a baby. :D

Do people actually imagine that all our ancestors are walking around on a cloud somewhere waiting to greet us? Since there are about 7 billion people on earth today it must be awfully crowded "up there" if everyone in human history is waiting to greet us.

Do people actually imagine that all our ancestors are walking around on a cloud somewhere waiting to greet us? Since there are about 7 billion people on earth today it must be awfully crowded "up there" if everyone in human history is waiting to greet us.

Personally, I find this topic to be a kind of amusing "What If" scenario where we can let our imagination fly to the moon if we want (as long as we stay on topic). No one has any real clue what the afterlife or lives between lives are like as the Daily Mail hasn't been able to get a reporter there yet. :cool:

Love to see how Queen Elizabeth II explains the proposed new rules of succession to include females 1st to Henry VIII and Queen Victoria.

And if by chance that by the time the Queen passes, the law also allows Catholics or those married to Catholic to inherit, well she'll be a very busy lady explaining this to all the Catholics who were overlooked that allowed the Hanovers to take over..

Hi I am glad you are finally bothering to participate in this thread.
NGalitzine, as Osipi rightly made out, I just put my fantasy in this. This thought struck me after seeing the end of Titanic, for some nth time.
Osipi, Henry VIII would be surely amused at the amount of scientific discovery and change in succession laws. I dont think there is much to feel sorry for, though, since everyone is correct in view of their own circumstances.
Nascarlucy, the conversation between the Elizabeths will indeed be awesome. EII will be proudly showing off her 3D Christmas messages, Olympic stunts, Balcony flypasts, Jubilee crowds and all..
Though EII is no less in commitment and dedication than EI, EI missed a very very important thing EII enjoyed-family. A great husband and wonderful kids and grandkids, uncles, aunts, cousins, who remain devoted to her to the core..EI must wonder how much better her reign would have been, if she found a good husband and cemented the succession among her own kids..
QueenCamilla, I dont think Catholics will be allowed to get the throne any time nearer. And by the way Victoria would be really glad at succession laws I guess. Because as far I know, she or never Albert never discriminated in bringing up or educating girls. Hery VIII is a totally different case though

Hey, I love all your posts. Please keep writing..

I think Henry VIII will be pleased that Defender of the Faith is still in the monarchs title. :lol:

For one thing, EII is not EI's namesake. She was named after her mother,the Duchess of York, at the time of 'Lilibet's' birth.Also, if the succession laws had changed during Victoria's reign, she would have stopped at 4 children, having a 'spare' for each of the first two. I also think Queen Alexandra would have had a 'That Woman' complex against Camilla, seeing as how Charlie cheated on Diana the way Albert Edward cheated on her.

I think Henry VIII will be pleased that Defender of the Faith is still in the monarchs title. :lol:

But probably irked that his son died young, and his cast aside daughter is better remembered by history than he is :) I imagine Anne Boleyn would be amused though.

Also, not at all pleased that his line died out with his daughter.

I would love for a time machine to take EI to EII coronation. I would lve to see her reaction. :D

Personally I'd like to be there when Henry VIII discovers the scientific fact that its the male that determines the gender of a baby. :D

I don't think that he would like that. :)

:previous:Thanks nascarlucy, tou are the only one seemed to understand mt 'crazy' idea..I am looking forward for more views like this..
IMHO this is a very interesting topic and I'm very glad that you shared it here.:flowers:

Consider HM QEII, George VI and the Duke of Windsor/Edward VIII meeting with those monarchs who literally battled each other during the War of the Roses. Imagine them discussing the abdication crisis with Edward IV and his brothers.

Also would the truth behind Edward V and his brother's death finally be revealed?:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider HM QEII, George VI and the Duke of Windsor/Edward VIII meeting with those monarchs who literally battled each other during the War of the Roses. Imagine them discussing the abdication crisis with Edward IV and his brothers.

Also would the truth behind Edward V and his brother's death finally be revealed?:ohmy:

Ya in those days brothers exploited each others shortcomings and fought publicly for power. Nowadays brothers are standing up for each other, making up for each others' shortcomings in order to hold up whatever 'power' they have. Making monarchy constitutional has atleat done good for family life of royals:flowers:

:previous: Exactly, and I wonder how do they judge the Queen's 'passivity' throughout all these enents..just letting the things happen..As far as I know the only 'active' part of her was to 'advice' Charles and Diana to divorce ASAP, that too after all hell broke loose .
Victoria, George V have always taken very active lead in family matters..Will they agree with the Queen's passivity..her policy of 'non-interference in kids' marriages'?

It would be nice if Kings Henry III, Edward I, and Edward III could visit Elizabeth II and then see the paintings at the National Gallery.
Art was very important to some previous monarchs.
George I was a patron of the arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom