Haunted Royal Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thats just hilarious, I've also heard that the Princess of Wales' supposed ghost haunts Highgrove and calls Charles' name.
I believe Princess Diana has crossed over and is at peace.

Oh my god, I didn't hear Diana's ghost calls Charles' name. That is hysterical. :lol:

I can just imagine the scene " Gladys, Gladys, CAMILLA WAKE UP DIANA'S BACK.
Honestly who makes these stories up.

I can just imagine the scene " Gladys, Gladys, CAMILLA WAKE UP DIANA'S BACK.
Honestly who makes these stories up.

:ROFLMAO: Geez, that could make some good fanfiction :D:lol: !!!

I wonder if Camilla has ever seen Diana's ghost?

I reading it an interesting animal ghost story about Camilla and Broadlands, Lord Mountbatten's home. Apparently in the early 1970's when she was visiting there with Charles at dinner one evening a dog was underneath the table. She felt and petted him. Apparently the dog had died a few days beforehand.

Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands saw Abraham Lincolns ghost. She awoke to a knock on her door in the middle of the night while staying in Lincoln's bedroom, put on her housecoat, opened the door and saw him.
Winston Churchill had the same experience and wrote about it in one of his memoirs.

There was story that Anne Boelyn, after learning she was to be beheaded, broke from her guards and ran down the hall to Henry's private quaters to beg for her life. Some people report a dark shape darting just out of eyesight down that hallway.

There was story that Anne Boelyn, after learning she was to be beheaded, broke from her guards and ran down the hall to Henry's private quaters to beg for her life. Some people report a dark shape darting just out of eyesight down that hallway.

Which palace? Hampton Court or St James maybe?

What about in the Netherlands? That was interesting to know about Queen Wilhemina and Lincoln.

I have to wonder if the Abe Lincoln stories were just jokes being played on them. I've never had a ghostly encounter though I believe it's possible. I thought ghosts usually haunted the place were they died. Why would Lincoln haunt a room that he never stayed in even though it has his furniture in it?

I have to wonder if the Abe Lincoln stories were just jokes being played on them. I've never had a ghostly encounter though I believe it's possible. I thought ghosts usually haunted the place were they died. Why would Lincoln haunt a room that he never stayed in even though it has his furniture in it?

No, I think it was his office, or something like that. Or maybe attached to a piece of furniture in there. I've heard that story, but I didn't connect it with Queen Wilhelmina. Apparantly she fainted, too! And not really royal, but also I heard that Winston Churchill stayed in there, and saw something, but refused to stay in there again.

Which palace? Hampton Court or St James maybe?

I'm not sure which palace. Which one conducts tours for the public? I saw this on a t.v. program where they also did a renactment. Usually every Halloween the Travel Channel has programs on haunted places.

I'm really surprised no one has heard the story of Q. Wilhelmina. Also the train that transported Lincolns body to his resting place is sometimes seen at night, silently moving on a track that is no longer there.:eek:

I'm not sure which palace. Which one conducts tours for the public? I saw this on a t.v. program where they also did a renactment. Usually every Halloween the Travel Channel has programs on haunted places.

I'm really surprised no one has heard the story of Q. Wilhelmina. Also the train that transported Lincolns body to his resting place is sometimes seen at night, silently moving on a track that is no longer there.:eek:

I think both do tours. I guess it's most likely one of the palaces that was used by Henry's court. I know he used St James and Windsor, for sure, and there were some hunting lodges around England that the Court made use of during the year. It would be a question obviously for a Tudor expert, which I'm not, but I believe Hampton Court was used by Cardinal Wolsey.

Sorry

It's not Anne Boleyn running down the hall, it was Henry's 5th wife named Catherine Howard.
Both women haunt Hampton Court, Anne seems to haunt at least 2 other places as well.

I know so many ghost stories that I get them mixed up.:lol:

It's not Anne Boleyn running down the hall, it was Henry's 5th wife named Catherine Howard.
Both women haunt Hampton Court, Anne seems to haunt at least 2 other places as well.
Geez, haunting a couple of palaces....
Leave it to Anne Bolelyn to get herself around! :D As only her ghost could do, right? ;)

What royal palaces are haunted and by whom? I know just about every palace/ castle in Britain is haunted. Queen Elizabeth I haunts Windsor Castle Library, And Henry VIII wives haunt numerous places. What about other countries?
any Danish royal hauntings? Swedish, Monaco etc?
Hampton Court Palace is haunted by one of Henry VIII's wife.

Haunted Royals

I remember reading somewhere in one of Princess Anne's biography books that while she was at school at Benenden, some of her friends tried to play a trick on her and dressed up as a ghost in a sheet to try and scare her. She, of course, wasn't frightened and told them that it was nothing compared to the real ghosts she had seen at Balmoral.
Kinda creepy...

I can't imagine what it's like to continually go back to a place that you know is haunted, let alone stay overnight. I am a scary story buff, but I don't know if I could sleep there, not knowing what's going on around me.:ermm:

*atrain*

The Royal Palace of Stockholm has at least three known ghosts:

The white lady - dressed in a white dress, a veil over her dark hair, black gloves and holding a chain of keys in her hand; all that can be heard when she walks the rooms of the palace is her dress. When the white lady appears, it means a member of the Royal Family will die. Many royals and staff of the Royal Court have seen her through the years.

The grey man - it is said that he appears before every reigning King at leat once in their life time.

The invisible person in Gustav VI Adolf's old library - many people (and staff), often feels an invisible presence there.
Sounds very interesting.

I read on wikipedia that Hampton Court Palace is haunted with the ghosts of Queen Jane Seymour, Queen Catherine Howard, Queen Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII himself. There was even a security camera recording in October 2003 of a mysterious image in a long coat closing the fire doors, allegedly a ghost. Royal palaces surely must be haunted due to the deaths that have occurred there for centuries... some of these deaths being controversial.

I read on wikipedia that Hampton Court Palace is haunted with the ghosts of Queen Jane Seymour, Queen Catherine Howard, Queen Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII himself. There was even a security camera recording in October 2003 of a mysterious image in a long coat closing the fire doors, allegedly a ghost. Royal palaces surely must be haunted due to the deaths that have occurred there for centuries... some of these deaths being controversial.
That is very scary! Look at how scary this ghost looks...the feeling ...it's the same ghost of Hampton Court Palace in 2003.
BBC NEWS | UK | 'Ghost' caught on palace camera

Queen Mother's childhood home(I forgot what it was called)is allegedly haunted.

Warwick Castle is haunted. I didn't see a ghost when I was there in 1985 but felt the presence of a man hovering over me. It was like he wanted his presence know.

It's not surprising that a castle is haunted given that many things, births, deaths, tragedy and other things have happened. I believe that when something dramatic happens, it leaves a permanent imprint on the area, building and structure.

Warwick Castle is haunted. I didn't see a ghost when I was there in 1985 but felt the presence of a man hovering over me. It was like he wanted his presence know.

Are you sure it wasn't one of those costumed interpreters?
I was looking at the wax figures there when one seemed to come to life and spoke to me- I nearly jumped out of my skin! :lol:

The costumed interpreters were standing in front of us. There was no human standing behind me. I turned around to look and no one was behind me. I was listening intently on what they were saying and some people in the group said my imagination got the better of me. No one else of course had this experience. The minute I heard that the castle was haunted, I expected something to happen. The presence of a man hovering over me continued until I left the castle.

It is also said that Luxembourg is full of Haunted Castles.

:scream: Nothanger Abbey was very haunted.

Back
Top Bottom