Future Royal Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhler

Imperial Majesty
City
Eastern Jutland
Country
Denmark
The current CP-couples and younger regent couples have or are producing children as if they were paid for it!

If you were to look into the crystal ball who would you see (or like to see) in regards to a future royal-royal wedding?
Based say on age match.
Personality match.
How close their parents are.
Relations between countries.
And so on...

Or what does you intuition tell you?

I've highlighted the heirs, because there are special rules for them. They can't (or are very unlikely to) marry another heir.

In the field right now we have:
From Belgium:
Elisabeth.
Gabriel.
Emmanuel.
Eleonore.

From Britain. (Age-wise and exposure wise I've decided W&K's children belong here).
George.
Charlotte.

From Denmark:
Christian.
Isabella.
Vincent.
Josephine.

From Japan: (Because the CP-couple there interact more with the European royals on a personal basis than with other royal families. Even though this inclusion is admittedly far fetched)
Toshi.
(Mako, Kako, Hisahito).

From Monaco:
Gabriella.
Jacques.

From the Netherlands.
Amalia.
Alexia.
Ariane.

From Norway:
Marius. (Not strictly royal though).
Ingrid.
Sverre.

From Spain:
Leonor.
Sofia.

From Sweden:
Estelle.

I left out children of younger siblings simply to keep the number of names down.
But if you want to include them, please do.
I also omitted the Thai and Middle Eastern royals, because they don't appear to interact much with the European royals on a personal basis.
But if someone want to create a list of names from these countries, please do.

So if you should be a match-maker, who can you see marry sometime in the future?

I love to match couples. Though I favor marriages for love (which happens more often with royals+ordinary people), it could also happen with royals+royals (or nobles), for example, Mathilde and Philippe or Guillaume and Stephanie.

And so... here's my thoughts.

I always thought Marius is so handsome and reallyyyyy attractive. Elisabeth is more close in age with him and I would love to see them together. Leonor is also another high candidate but 8 years apart makes quite a diference.

How about Gabriel with one of the Dutch princesses? They would not have a problem with the language.

As for the newborns, I would love Jacques with Charlotte, and George with Gabriella :D

Seeing as Mathilda and Maxima are good friends and have children near in age I can see a little mama matchmaking going on.

Marius attended the recent wedding and him catching the eye of some pretty young Italian socialite or visa versa is very likely :)

Future royal couples. A thought experiment.

I don't think 8 years is that big of a difference after a certain point, so Marius and Leonor would work when they're a bit older. I do like the idea of Marius and Elisabeth, and Gabriel with one of the Dutch princesses. George and Gabriella would be precious. I would love to see Estelle with James, Viscount Severn. They seem to have very cheeky personalities. Isabella and James would work too. Going back to Marius, he could also be a good candidate for James' older sister, Lady Louise.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Christian and Estelle? Think the age difference would be A big issue.How about Vincent and Estelle?

Last edited:
Future royal couples. A thought experiment.

Hmm well if we use a sort off modified version of the old laws concerning ebenbürtig marriages I'd go for something like this for the heirs based on age, religion, closeness of countries and friendship of their parents

Estelle of Sweden - Henrik or Vincent of Denmark, Sverre Magnus of Norway, Aristidis of Greece

Christian of Denmark - Alexia or Ariane of The Netherlands, Maria-Chiara of Bourbon-Sicilies

Ingrid Alexandra of Norway - Nikolai or Felix of Denmark, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece, Tassilo of Bulgaria

Catharina-Amalia of The Netherlands - Nikolai or Felix of Denmark, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece

Elisabeth of Belgium - Felipe de Marichalar, Constantine, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece, Nikolai or Felix of Denmark

George of The United Kingdom - Leonore of Sweden, Josephine or Athena of Denmark, Amalia of Luxembourg (if not heiress), Gabriella of Monaco

Leonor of Spain - Gabriel of Nassau, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece, Albert Windsor (of Kent)

Constantine of Greece - Isabella of Denmark, Sofia of Spain, Louise of Wessex, Elisabeth or Eleonor of Belgium

Amalia of Luxembourg - Emmanuel of Belgium, Nicholas of Sweden, Vincent or Henrik of Denmark, Jacques of Monaco (if not heiress)

Jacques of Monaco - Amalia of Luxembourg (if not heiress), Leonore of Sweden, Charlotte of UK

Had the hardest time with Elisabeth of Belgium given the difference in age between her and other male members of her generation. This is something I could sit with for days to get completely right so just take it as something I scribbled down quite fast.

Last edited:
Ah, I see the match-making has started. :)

Okay, looking only at the heirs and their personalities, (Because they are the most well-known) who would be a good match among other royal children?

Elisabeth. Born 2001. - I don't know her well enough to take a guess at her personality.

George. Born 2013. - Apparently good natured. Used to be in the spotlight and not particularly shy.

Christian. Born 2005. - Sporty. Caring and protective (and teasing) towards his younger siblings. Bright. Very confident. Not shy at all. Willing to approach people first. Sporty and sports interested.

Jacques. Too young to guess.

Amalie. Born 2003. - Seems good natured. Confident. Used to be in the spotlight. Not particularly shy. Aware of her future role and has given that some thought at a young age.

Ingrid. Born 2004. - Very bright for her age and very confident for her age as well. Articulate.

Leonor. Born 2005. - Seems serious. Certainly when on the job. Is probably being very much installed with a sense of duty. Is despite her young age, able to keep up a proper show for what must seem a long time for a young child.

Estelle. Born 2012. - Good natured. Very much used to being the center of attention. Not shy. Willing to approach people.

Toshi. Born 2001. - Appear shy. Probably vulnerable and/or insecure. (She was bullied or felt she was being bullied and reacted strongly on that).

Last edited:
I thought Estelle was born in 2012. Of course I could be wrong...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Christian and Estelle? Think the age difference would be A big issue.How about Vincent and Estelle?

Plus they are both future monarchs.

Vincent would be a better match. He is very good natured and seem a gentle person. Although he has a tendency to climb things and shout at cows. :p
That may not be the best quality to have when he and Estelle go visiting farms and the country side. :D
Isabella, we should keep in mind, has a tendency to lick windows. :p

I would hope Isabella is not licking windows at age 8;)

Vincent seems like a gentle sensitive soul and Estelle Is... Estelle. They could either balance each other out and opposies attract and all that or She would remind him to much of his rambunctious sisters and that would curb romantic feeling.

:previous: I doubt it – she's allowed her brother to take over that duty :ROFLMAO:

Estelle and Vincent :wub: Now that is a future pairing I'd love to see.

I love the idea of Isabella and Viscount Severn – if anything, I think they'd have a hoot in each other's company. Or Isabella and Gabriel? Christian and Leonor would be sweet because they're only some weeks apart and they're both ridiculously beautiful human beings but, alas, they're both heirs so that probably wouldn't work out. And for what it's worth, in my imagination, Christian is already married off to a Greenlandic girl :D Perhaps our Nikolai with Élisabeth in Belgium? And currently, George and Josephine seem just right as well – both are lovely little monkeys.

Last edited:
This is funny this thread but recent statistics shows that royals rarely marry royals, they look elsewhere for potential partner.

The Belgian kids seem a reserved bunch not given over to window licking and cow shouting... I think Louise Wessex would do for Gabriel. A Nice,refined and calm couple.

But Leonore and George is fine... Unless something terrible happens she will just be Miss O'neill, rich girl with a fancy title.

I would be surprised if any of them married other royals. It's just not needed anymore.

LaRae

I would be surprised if any of them married other royals. It's just not needed anymore.

LaRae

I agree I don't see many of them marrying other royals. It would be cute if some of them did though. :flowers:

I don't think need plays into it.It is who you are emotionally mentally and sexually attracted to... Just because very few of the last generation did not feel those connections with other young Royal peers does not mean the opposite won't happen in 20 years.

Oh, what a wonderful thread! I love matchmaking! Thank you very, Muhler! :lol:

Not that I think it's likely to happen, but it's just for fun.

Princess Élisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant (b. 2001) with Prince Louis of Ligne (b. 2003), also from Belgium.

Prince Christian of Denmark (b. 2005) with Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (b. 2005)

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein (b. 1995) with Princess Charlotte of Nassau (b. 2000), from Luxembourg.

Princess Amalia of Nassau (b. 2013), from Luxembourg, with Count Louis-Bernhard of Stolberg (b. 2014), from Germany/Brazil.

Hereditary Prince Jacques of Monaco (b. 2014) with Princess María of the Two-Sicilies (b. 2015), from Italy/Spain.

Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, the Princess of Orange (b. 2003) with Prince Gabriel of Belgium (b. 2003).

Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (b. 2004) with James Mountbatten-Windsor, Viscount Severn (n. 2007), from the UK.

Infanta Leonor of Spain, the Princess of Asturias (b. 2005) with Infante Dom Dinis of Portugal, Duke of Porto (b. 1999).

Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland (b. 2012) with Prince Vincent of Denmark, Count of Monpezat (b. 2011).

Prince George of Cambridge (b. 2013), from the UK, and with Princess Leonore of Sweden, Duchess of Gotland (b. 2014)

I think Amelia of The Netherlands with Felix of Denmark would be a great match. I like the idea of bringing the Dutch family closer, in terms of kin, to the other royals. Also then both Queen Victoria and King Christian IX would gain another throne to their descendants. A match between George Cambridge and the daughter of Princess Madelain of Sweden would be good too. Especially as it seems the family are going to be spending time in Great Britain. Elisabeth of Belgium would have to have a good Catholic partner.In this case I wold think one of the French or Liechtenstein Princes would be good. Prince Gabriel would be a good match for Lenore of Spain.

Unless the set patterns of the Belgian Royal House change drastically, 13 year old Elisabeth Duchess of Brabant will almost certainly marry a Catholic aristocrat or even a fellow Royal. More than any of the other Royal dynasties, the Belgian House of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha has resisted the trend of marrying commoners into their main hereditary line.

Her young siblings might do it, but Princess Elisabeth will likely follow the lead of her parents, grandparents and late great-uncle Baudouin by making a grand dynastic alliance that is also(happily) a love match.

And I agree with amaryllus...I am not 100% sure that the current batch of Royal children will all necessarily seek out commoners to marry. The pendulum could swing completely back to tradition by the time they come of age.

Last edited:
Well funny thread :lol:
Sooo i'm not so good muchmaker but i make a try.

I love to see Gabriel (my favorite male little royal) with Alexia ( my favorite from the dutch girls) :)
I love to see Christian with Sofia or Eleonore :)
I love to see Emmanuel with Isabella or Amalia (Luxemburg) :)

But of course any future Royal Wedding between royal children will be welcome :flowers:

I hope someone of the royals to read all this.
We give them nice ideas :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

LaRae
Yes, it's not needed anymore. First and foremost, they need to marry for love, but they could still fall in love with fellow royals. This is not the Medieval times, where marrying other royals would mean no love in marriage but sacrifice. Mathilde and Philippe, and Guillaume and Stephanie are the proof that love also happens with fellow royals/nobles. We don't choose who we love, it could be commoners or royals.

I think it's not that unlikely. I think we've got more royals in the upcoming generation than it did before. Before it was more limited IMO, but now with social media and fast transports, the young royals will have a easy route to meet each other more often and hang out together.

I don't think need plays into it.It is who you are emotionally mentally and sexually attracted to... Just because very few of the last generation did not feel those connections with other young Royal peers does not mean the opposite won't happen in 20 years.

Exactly. Because in contrast to just the last generation of royals who have now become parents, communication is much easier and popping off to another country for a one day private visit or a weekend stay is nothing nowadays.
But the main argument for the odds being higher for at least one royal-royal wedding is that the majority of the royal parents of children under 18 are not only related but also often close personal friends. And that means their children will at some point meet and certainly meet more often than the generation their parents belong to.
Communication is no problem. Most royal children from the age of 8 are at least able to speak a basic English or French. Some are virtually bilingual. That adds to the odds.
Also because the children, just as their parents, will benefit from belonging to a network of young people in a similar situation. After all there aren't that many in their situation.

So to conclude: Statistically speaking the vast majority will marry someone from outside the royal circles, but there are reasonable odds for one or two royal-royal marriages among the next generation. Especially if we include children of secondary royals. I.e. younger siblings of the current heir or monarch.

Examples:
Say Josephine and Jacques meet because their parents meet at some event and discover a shared interest for falling off horses. Back home they stay in touch via Skype, Instagram and what not and at some point Jacques is invited for a couple of weeks of summer holiday in Denmark. Where they ride and fall off ponies all day. And a few years later they fall in love and eventually figure out they are the ones. And in that way Josephine ends up in Monaco.

Or W&K come on an official visit to Denmark and bring along their children as part of the show. Here Charlotte meets Vincent. And he is just as gentle and sweet as she is. Wow! And Charlotte learns to appreciate yelling at cows. So Vincent is invited on holiday at Balmoral and here Charlotte and Vincent roam around shouting at sheep, that is when they are not picking flowers or listening to the latest whale-singing on YouTube together. And quietly Cupid is stringing his bow...

See? Plenty of matches. :p

Last edited:
They are just young children! All this cow-yelling, window-licking, etc. will have stopped by the time they start being interested in the opposite sex. As for falling off horses, that is an integral part of the horse riding experience (no risk, no fun:eek:). But a shared hobby might be a good start for falling in love. So I'm curious: which young royals, apart from the Danish, are into horse riding? Victoria de Marichalar was seen riding with her mother, but she would probably be too old for Christian.

What about

Elisabeth of Belgium and Georg of Liechtenstein
Leonor of Spain and Gabriel of Belgium
Christian of Denmark and Ariane of the Netherlands
Amalia of the Netherlands and either Felix of Denmark or Richard of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth
Ingrid of Norway and Felix of Denmark or Richard of Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth
Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein and either Sophie-Dorothée or Marie-Amélie of Württemberg or Charlotte of Nassaui
Marie Caroline of Liechtenstein and Wilhelm of Württemberg

Hmm, perhaps sedcards would be helpful?

If we look at the DRF children, because they are the ones I know most about, then we have:

Parents: Mary & Frederik.
Christian. Born 2005.
Personality: Confident. Very approachable with strangers. But has also learned to be a little guarded with what you tell people.
Protective, helpful and attentive, at least towards his younger siblings. - And teasing.
Interests: Sports. Both in regards to watching sports but also being active himself. - Soccer and calisthenics.
Additional info: Bilingual. Danish, English, probably some French as well. Can ride.

Isabella. Born 2007.
Personality: A very confident showgirl. Likes to perform. Very approachable with strangers. Can't sit still. Can ride. Likes the attention when dressed up.
Interests: Dancing.
Additional info: Bilingual to at least some extent. Danish and English.

Vincent. Born 2011.
Personality: Appear to be a gentle and kind boy. Not shy. Also boyish in the sense of being active and wanting to climb. Doesn't appear reluctant to try new things. Seem more fond of animals, (dogs) than his twin sister.

Josephine. Born 2011. More pointy elbows than her twin brother. More prone to voice her protest if thing does not suit her. She can smile or sulk whatever suits her mood. Not easily frightened. Falling off a horse has not meant she is the least bit scared of horses.

Parents: Joachim & Alexandra.
Nikolai. Born 1999.
Personality: Pretty mature for his age. Very bright. A very loving older brother. Probably a "ponderer".
Interests: Music.
Additional info: Bilingual. Danish, English and probably a good deal of French as well.

Felix. Born 2002.
Personality: Very cheerful and smiling. Able to charm certainly journalists around his little finger.
Interests: Boxing and piano. Cars and racing!
Additional: Probably bilingual. Danish and English.
Characteristics: Striking blue eyes and fairly deep voice..

Parents: Joachim & Marie.
Henrik. Born 2009.
Personality: A quiet type. Perhaps a little introvert. Able to keep himself occupied. A little shy perhaps but perfectly willing to talk to people (especially about his favorite topic). A very amiable boy.
Interests: Cars! Had from early on a very considerable knowledge about cars and could identify brands early on.
Additional info: Suffers from asthma. Bilingual (when it suits him) Danish, French.

Athena. Born 2012.
Personality: An observer. Not a type of person who rush ahead or are in the lead. Prefer to observe things first. Is very talkative among people she knows. Doesn't waste smiles on people she doesn't know. Guess she prefer to size people up first. Is more stubborn than her brother.

Please let me know if I left something out.

Last edited:
Someone asked about interest in riding up thread. We know Amalia had attended horse shoes with Bea so that might count... So Amalia and Felix or Nicholai? M

But if you want a horsy girl to go riding with Christian then Louise is your lady! At the following picnic James can charm Josephine :)

They are just young children! All this cow-yelling, window-licking, etc. will have stopped by the time they start being interested in the opposite sex. As for falling off horses, that is an integral part of the horse riding experience (no risk, no fun:eek:). But a shared hobby might be a good start for falling in love. So I'm curious: which young royals, apart from the Danish, are into horse riding? Victoria de Marichalar was seen riding with her mother, but she would probably be too old for Christian.
Not every of them are young children. Elisabeth turns 14 years old in October, she's a teen already, and so is Amalia (turns 12 years old) who is a pre-teen. We can add pre-teens and teens such as, Nikolai, Felix, Gabriel, Louise, the Marichalar and the oldest Urdangarin kids, countess Eloise, count Claus-Casimir, Laetitia Maria, count Richard, countess Ingrid, Aiko, Prince Moulay Hassan, and lots of the Greek kids.
Sorry, but by my pre-teens I had a few crushes on boys. You start to be aware of the oposite sex early on. At least it was for me at 10/11 years old.

Most of these Tweens and teens have crushes already I bet. Probably a girlfriend or boyfriend mixed in there.

I normally don't approve of royal/royal marriages unless they're love matches of course, though this thread is interesting to read through and participate in.

There have been a couple of photos of Princess Elisabeth playing the piano so perhaps she has an interest in music. She has also accompanied her mother to the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition before. Perhaps she could be a good match for Prince Nikolai? There isn't a huge age difference between them either (two years). I've also read that she takes ballet classes. I don't know about Princess Elisabeth's siblings though.

I remember reading that Princess Amalia has hockey lessons, and I get the impression she's interested in sports. Though Princess Amalia and Prince Christian (another sporty royal child) isn't such a good match as they're both heirs. I don't know about the interests of Alexia or Ariane though.

As has been mentioned Lady Louise has an interest in horse riding, though I think her brother does too as he has been photographed with his sister and HM horse riding before (and it seems that the BRF is a very "horsey" family). Perhaps Viscount Severn would be a good match for Princess Josephine. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are too young to develop firm interests yet. Same with Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques.

In the BRF there's more possible candidates; Viscount Linley's children, Lady Sarah Chatto's sons and Lady Helen Taylor's children. (As well as the Duke of Kent's other grandchildren and the Duke of Gloucester's grandchildren.)

What are Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus into? I remember there was an interview with Princess Ingrid Alexandra once, though I can't remember what she said in it.

When there is blue blood involved, then the chances are bigger that an aristocrat marries into a royal family than a fellow royal marrying another royal: Diana, Princess of Wales (daughter of the Earl Spencer), Lady Serena, Viscountess Linley (daughter of the Earl of Harrington), Donna Paola, Lady Nicholas Windsor (daughter of the Prince de Frankopan, Count Doimi de Lupis), Hereditary Grand-Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg (daughter of the Count de Lannoy et du Saint-Empire), Queen Mathilde of the Belgians (daughter of the Count d'Udekem d'Acoz), Don Jaime de Marichalar, former Duke of Lugo (son of the Count of Ripalda), Donna Beatrice Casiraghi-Borromeo (daughter of the Count Borromeo), Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este, Princess of Hungary (daughter of Nobile Ettore Rosboch von Wolkenstein), Princess Sophie of Prussia (daughter the Fürst von Isenburg), Diane de Nassau (daughter of the Countess De Guerre-Wolff Metternich), etc.

The chance on such an alliance is bigger than on a pure royal-royal match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom