The Future Monarchs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azile

Nobility
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
It's an interesting phenomenon- spouses of Kings/Queens who have to chart their own role for themselves. It seems like most of them give up their work when they marry, then have to fit into completely different roles.

I wonder if it's easier for princesses to fit into this role- there is all kind of charity work that seems to be readily availble to them. Are those same opportunities open to men? I seem to think not.

I would imagine that there is a certain assault on one's masculinity to be placed in a role as the "tag-along" spouse- there have been these rumblings also from Prince Philip. What about Claus? Bernhard?

Eliza

azile1710 said:
I wonder if it's easier for princesses to fit into this role- there is all kind of charity work that seems to be readily availble to them. Are those same opportunities open to men? I seem to think not.

I would imagine that there is a certain assault on one's masculinity to be placed in a role as the "tag-along" spouse- there have been these rumblings also from Prince Philip. What about Claus? Bernhard?

Eliza

Maybe it's easier for princesses because so many of us females had stay-at-home-mothers and grandmothers who got an allowance from their husband's paychecks?

And married-into-royalty males might have the same preconceived idea, that the male should be the breadwinner.

(I'm not saying this is what I think, just a result of so many of us having grown up or observed those situations.)

azile1710 said:

Very astute observation, azile, which makes the change in succession laws a bit puzzling. I think nowadays a crown princess will have a harder time finding a man who is willing to be her tag-along than a crown prince will have in finding his princess. But with more women as heir apparent, there will be more of them needing the tag-along spouse to at least further the line.

yes, a male marrying a royal female must be an attack on his masculinity. I know that (im male) if i was married to a felmale royal, i would be feeling like a failure or something, i dont know why, maybe because i want to be the provider. I know that these days both the husband and wife are providers but to be married to a reigning queen would be so difficult. I can totally understand Henrik's tantrum.

Wow, Australian. I would have never know from your avatar that you're a guy! :p

While I think that all the Queen Regnants in Europe (Elizabeth, Beatrix, Margrethe) have done a great job, I think having a Queen Regnant puts a lot more stress on herself, her husband and her family than the traditional King-Queen partnership.

ysbel said:
Wow, Australian. I would have never know from your avatar that you're a guy! :p

While I think that all the Queen Regnants in Europe (Elizabeth, Beatrix, Margrethe) have done a great job, I think having a Queen Regnant puts a lot more stress on herself, her husband and her family than the traditional King-Queen partnership.

yes. Crown Princess Victoria has talked a couple times about how hard it is for her to have relationship. she said that she's "thankful" any man would want to date her.

I think it's easier for crown princesses by marriage to ease into their role than it is for crown princes by marriage. Mainly because throughout history and tradition it has been acceptable, if not encouraged, for women to play sort of a secondary role behind their husbands and defer to him for things. Like Iowabelle said a lot of us have seen this kind of situation growing up, so it doesn't feel unusual, even though by now it is acceptable for women to go into fields once occupied by men.

Also, since crown prince consorts are less common (for the time being, at least) than crown princess consorts, there may be a sense of not really knowing what to do with the role, since there isn't really a precedent to look to. With women, we know that they'll do-attend events, act as a representative, and raise heirs. Not that men can't help out with those things, but it's less common for them to do so, since many of them are brought up with the idea of being the main provider and whatnot.

delineate said:
Also, since crown prince consorts are less common (for the time being, at least) than crown princess consorts, there may be a sense of not really knowing what to do with the role, since there isn't really a precedent to look to.
It's so interesting that their are so many female heirs being born now. We'll see what Amalia and Ingrid's husbands do with role. As the princesses begin to get married in the future to come that role of prince consort will become beter defined and fleshed out.

there are already a few good models. like Prins Claus.

hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for Victoria to find someone wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread have been split from the thread: Prince Henrik's Tantrum in the Danish forum, and moved to the Chit Chat forum, as the latter part of the thread was more a general discussion of male consorts vs. female consorts in the royal circle.

It's an interesting discussion that surfaced, I think.

Future geneation of Queens

I'm looking forward to watching how the life paths of the future Queens of each country will turn out. What thier causes will be, who they will marry, or even if a woman reigning will somehow bring more peace? Will thier marraiges work out? Will they be able to find the strong men they need to stand by thier sides? I think CP Victoria of Sweden is facing this right now. I'm talking about Princess Elisabeth, Princess Ingrid lexandra, Princess Catherina-Amolia, Princess Aiko (if her bill is passed). How will Denmark's little future King stand up to all of these women?? Please post your thoughts.... I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

lashinka2002 said:
Will they be able to find the strong men they need to stand by thier sides? I think CP Victoria of Sweden is facing this right now.

That is something I'll keep asking myself all the time on this subject. I think it's hard to find a good prince consort these days. I think that all of the present Crown Princesses (like Mary, Maxima etc.) will be Queen one day, so that's a title which equals their husband's title. I always get the feeling that being Prince Consort is just being one step behind your wife the Queen. PC's like Claus and Henrik suffered a great deal under this. So it'll be hard. But what will be the outcome of all those Queens? We'll never know, only future can tell... :)

I think it partly depends on the example CP Victoria and her future husband will set. She'll be the most recent example when the little royal girls are growing up.

If the controversy for Crown Princess Victoria is already quite immense now.

Imagine what happen when Elisabeth, Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, maybe Leonor & Aiko get a boyfriend.
but, i guess they'll be lucky to talk to a fellow future queens.
right now, Victoria is alone.

But, Elisabeth, Amalia, or Ingrid can call each other and just ask, "hey.. how's your life?"
haha...

purple_platinum said:
If the controversy for Crown Princess Victoria is already quite immense now.

Imagine what happen when Elisabeth, Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, maybe Leonor & Aiko get a boyfriend.
but, i guess they'll be lucky to talk to a fellow future queens.
right now, Victoria is alone.

But, Elisabeth, Amalia, or Ingrid can call each other and just ask, "hey.. how's your life?"
haha...

That's true, and they can ask CP Victoria for advice, since she has experiences in the field :D

The Future Queens and King - Discussion

*Elisabeth* Catherina-Amalia* Ingrid-Alexandra* Baby Denmark* Leonor*

This a thread for the cute little children and baby's who will become King and Queen one day. These children will have a more special future than the other princes en princess .

Here we can talk about what they have in comment , about how their parents deal with a child as crownprince(ss), about the differents with their brothers and sisters , what their future will be (will they realy become king/queen ?) , how you think they will act in the future ...

Elisabeth of Belgium
(Elisabeth, Thérèse, Marie, Hélène)

Birthday : 25 oktober 2001

Birthplace : Anderlecht ( Brussel) , Erasmus hospital

Weight :2 kg 930

Height: 49,5 cm

Colour of hair : blond

Mother and Father : Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz and Filip of Belgium

Siblings : Gabriel (2003) and Emmanuel (2005)

Godfather : Prince Amedeo of Belgium , son of princess Astrid

Godmother : Countess Hélène d'Udekem d'Acoz , sister of princess Mathilde

Baptism : 9 december 2001 at the castle of Ciergnon

Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
(Catherina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria)

Birthday : 7 december 2003

Birthplace : Den Haag , Bronovo-Hospital

Height :53 cm

Weight :3,310 kg

Colour of hair : dark brown

Mother and Father : Maxima Zorreguieta and Willem-Alexander of Orange

Siblings : Alexia (2005)

Godmothers : Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Samantha van Welderen
Barones Rengers-Deane

Godfathers : Prince Constantijn, Martín Zorreguieta, Herman Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the State Council, and Marc ter Haar

Baptism : 12 june 2004 at St. Jacobskerk , Den Haag

Last edited:
Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway

Birthday : 21 january 2004

Birthplace : Rikshospitalet University Hospital

Height : 51 cm

Weight : 3.686 kg

Colour of hair : dark

Mother and Father : Mette-Marit Høiby and Haakon of Norway

Siblings : Marius and Sverre ( 2005)

Godmother : Princess Martha Louise, Crown Princess Victoria and Marit Tjessem

Godfather : King Harald, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Prince Felipe

Baptism :17 april 2004 in the Royal Chapel in Oslo

Last edited:
Babyboy Denmark
( lilleprinsen)
Birthday : 15 oktober 2005

Birthplace : Copenhagen University Hospital

Height : 51 cm

Weight : 3,5 kg

Colour of hair : blond

Mother and Father : Mary Donaldson and Frederick of Denmark

Siblings : not yet

Godmother : ?

Godfather : ?

Baptism : 21 january 2006 at Christianborg Palace Church, Copenhagen.

Leonor of Spain
Birthday : 31 oktober 2005

Birthplace : Madrid , Ruber Hospital

Weight :3,540 kg

Height :47 cm

Colour of hair : brown

Mother and Father : Letizia Ortiz and Felipe of Spain

Siblings : not yet

Godmother ?

Godfather ?

Baptism ?

First of all , what do you think of the names of these children ? Royal enough and fit for a queen/king ?

Elisabeth =) I like it a lot , it's a strong name , with a lot of history .

Catherina-Amalia =) I think Amalia is very cute , but I don't like Catherina , it's so ugly old . I think Emma-Amalia or Julianna-Amalia would had been better

Ingrid-Alexandra = ) sounds good

Denmark =) Honestly , I hope the boy's first name won't be Christian . I don't like , it doesn't fit for a little boy , I think.

Leonor =) nice for a girl , but I liked Sofia more ...

Last edited:
Great job, Emilia!

i like the names a lot.. as much noble & royal it may sounds, what's important is what are they going to be,.. but i have no doubt, we will see trumendous & incredible personalities of all these prince & princess.

ps. i think Leonor is the next in line after Felipe, but she is not the heir to the throne, not until spain has anti-gender law. until it happen, she remain only Infanta of Spain

Emilia said:
Catherina-Amalia of the Netherlands

(Catherina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria)

Birthday : 7 december 2003

Birthplace : Den Haag , Bronovo-Hospital

Height :53 cm

Weight :3,310 kg

Colour of hair : dark brown

Mother and Father : Maxima Zorrequieta and Willem-Alexander of Orange

Siblings : Alexia (2005)

Godmothers : Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Samantha van Welderen
Barones Rengers-Deane

Godfathers : Prince Constantijn, Martín Zorreguieta, Herman Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the State Council, and Marc ter Haar

Baptism : 12 june 2004 at St. Jacobskerk , Den Haag

sorry to correct Emilia, but is Catharina-Amalia nd its Máxima Zorreguieta.;)

i want understand of post about weight and height when the little princess and prince was born but i dont understand what saying! i want clear

Hey Guys, was surfing the web and came across this website and it was rather interesting.

It documents the most recent change in Tradition with an influx of future Female Monarchs. What your thoughts on the issue??

It says in the articles that all the ppl of Sweden were delighted at Victoria becoming Queen except her Father.:mad:

ABC News: Princess Power Is on the Rise

There is also a webpages with pictures of the Future Queens, they are so beautiful, Prince Christian would be spoiled for choice if he had to make one of them his queens :wub:

ABC News: Future Royal Heirs

oops forgot to paste the link to the Pics of thse Queens in training

Last edited by a moderator:
I read, in some European monarchy the dynastic legislation has been changed in favour of the first-born child irrespective of its sexual accessory. In Swedish royal family Victoria is the most senior child, therefore this girl will be queen. Victoria has the younger brother who will not be the Swedish king. In Belgium the girl is declared by the successor of the Belgian throne after the father. What irony, but this girl has two younger brothers!!! The same picture is observed in family of the Dutch prince where girls have advantage before the brothers. The Spanish prime minister has suggested to transfer the rights to the Spanish throne of the daughter of Spanish infant and its television beauty. I heard, as if prince Phillip has agreed with the minister. Why so occurs? What is such? Princes have decided to destroy their own monarchy? Because the name and a title pass on a man's line?

Fortunately, most people now days believe that a female holds just as much importance as a male. If you are questioning the abilities of women to reign as monarch, I suggest you have a look at Catherine the Great, Elizabeth I, Isabelle of Spain (Castille), Victoria, Beatrix and Elizabeth II for starters.

Queens as a rule tend to reign longer and stand out more then their male counterparts.It should be the eldest no matter what the gender is.I am thrilled to see so many Queens in the future.:flowers:

Last edited:
In most countries by constitution there are equal rights for men and women. This also covers the position of the head of state. In countries where the head of state is 'delivered' by hereditary succession, also this principle of equal treatment is in force.

The royals involved can refuse to go along with this 'modernism'. No problem. They can leave their position and then their country will transform into a republic with an elected head of state. It is as simple as that. Then they can act 'pure' with male-preferred succession and equal marriages as a non-reigning family....

No need to say that all monarchs involved simply accept the given changed situation and adepted the monarchy and the titulature to the new situation.

For an example in the Netherlands, where the intention is that only the Sovereign is exclusively titled The King (Queen) and that only the Heir-Apparent is exclusively titled The Prince (Princess) of Orange and that their spouses, male or female, do not share these titles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom