The Future Monarchs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im quite happy for the choosen names of the future female monarchs and their siblings, it reflets the parent's taste and personality and we've got many unique, beautiful and diferent names (Catharina-Amalia, Leonor, Ingrid Alexandra/Isabella, Gabriel, Eleonore, Vincent, Sofia, Josephine, Ariane). well im getting used to Estelle little by little, but its because of the girl herself...
if William and Catherine have a girl, i hope they use a traditional yet beautiful name!

Aiko is not a future monarch, unless her male cousin dies and Japan changes its constitution, while all the girls on the wallpaper are heiresses apparent and future monarchs.
nope, not all are heiresses apparent, Leonor is a heiress presumptive and thus she will be the only presumptive crown princess in Europe.

unfortunately, Aiko isnt allowed to become the first female Monarch in Japan by her own right. if Hisahito wasnt born, maybe they would consider changing the succession law, since there was no Prince in the family.
not now, but eventually in the future, their salic law might be changed if not into eldest-child law regardless of gender but at least into male-preference (allowing girls to inherit the throne if theres no male siblings)

Last edited:
Wonderful wallpaper,Monarchist Aussie!Thanks for sharing:)
I just wanted to say we should also include Japans future royal:princess Aiko!
She has the most difficult role to fulfil/the most complicated background in my view especially with the IHA who is very restricting.What do you think?
Much as I'd love to include Princess Aiko, she doesn't currently qualify to succeed. Which is something I've always found strange given that although Japan is traditionally a patriarchal society, the royal family derives its right to rule by virtue of their divine ancestor the GODDESS Amaterasu! One would have thought a female monarch occupying the Chrysanthemum throne in the image of her divine ancestor would be preferred.

I didn't realise Leonor was still presumptive.
Spain still employs Male Primogeniture meaning that a son born to the Princes of Asturias ill will, in theory, be ahead of his sisters in the succession line.
However, in practice, it is all but certain that should the Princess of Asturias give birth to a son, the law will be changed to Equal Primogeniture, allowing Leonor to succeed. In fact, when Princess Letizia was expected her second child, they announced beforehand it was a girl not to rush the Government into adopting the changes.

the fact that japan has had empresses in the past makes aiko's situation all the more frustrating.

I personally don't think we will see any additional children from Felipe and Letiza, I would of love a couple more because they have such beautiful children, but I think unless an accident happens that nursery is closed.:ROFLMAO::whistling:

So far we have Elisabeth, Amalia, Ingrid, Leonor and Estelle. I wonder if Charlene and Albert's first baby and Stephanie and Guillaume's first baby will be a girl, I actually want a boy for both of them, so that Europe can be more balanced.:ROFLMAO:

Here are the future Female monarchs, but I added the boys as well (even outside Europe):
-Picture

For Catharina-Amalia, I like the fact that Amalia was used for its significance in Dutch Royal history.
Amalia von Solms (1602-1675) was the wife of Frederik Hendrik (Frederick Henry), Prince of Orange.
Henriette (Henrietta) Amalia of Anhalt-Dessau (1666-1726) was the wife of Henry Casimir II.

If Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway marries a nobleman of Norway, would his nobility title be included with their children's royalty title?

If Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway marries a nobleman of Norway, would his nobility title be included with their children's royalty title?

I did not think that there are any titles in Norway, other than the royal family

I don't see how it's possible to be more prepared than Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant will be. She is now 13 years old and has been carrying out public engagements since she was about 11. Just a couple of months ago she commemorated the anniversary of the start of WWI with a speech she delivered in flawless French, German and Dutch.

A speech she had written herself.:ohmy:

So far we have Elisabeth, Amalia, Ingrid, Leonor and Estelle. I wonder if Charlene and Albert's first baby and Stephanie and Guillaume's first baby will be a girl, I actually want a boy for both of them, so that Europe can be more balanced.:ROFLMAO:

Here are the future Female monarchs, but I added the boys as well (even outside Europe):
-Picture

Loved the image.

I don't see how it's possible to be more prepared than Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant will be. She is now 13 years old and has been carrying out public engagements since she was about 11. Just a couple of months ago she commemorated the anniversary of the start of WWI with a speech she delivered in flawless French, German and Dutch.

A speech she had written herself.:ohmy:
Crown Prince Moulay Hassan has been doing the same. No one sees it as something extraordinary. Some of his engagements (visiting soldiers, singing a visitor's book) are undertaken by the older royals in Europe.

Last edited:
I agree, little Moulay Hassan is wonderful. But he is not a Future Female Monarch.

I did not speak of future female monarchs. I just looked at the compilation of all children, who might ascend the throne, and stated my opinion.

Last edited:

If she marries a titled gentleman, we can expect his title and surname to be part of her children's title(s) and names indeed. As stated, there is no Norwegian nobility anymore, but there are plenty outside Norway.

In the Netherlands the nobility including title/predicate of Heinrich Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (father of Queen Juliana), of Bernhard Prince zur Lippe-Biesterfeld (father of Queen Beatrix) and of Jonkheer Claus von Amsberg (father of King Willem-Alexander) were all passed to their children, as is the normal use. The same happened in Denmark: the children of Henri de Laborde de Monpezat have their father's nobility passed as "Count/Countess de Monpezat".

Much as I'd love to include Princess Aiko, she doesn't currently qualify to succeed. Which is something I've always found strange given that although Japan is traditionally a patriarchal society, the royal family derives its right to rule by virtue of their divine ancestor the GODDESS Amaterasu! One would have thought a female monarch occupying the Chrysanthemum throne in the image of her divine ancestor would be preferred.

Princess Aiko (or any Japanese princess) doesn't and never will ascend to her country's Chrysanthemum throne BECAUSE she is female. During puberty, a female's body goes through monthly hormonal cycles and from the menarche, any female of the Shinto religion is NEVER allowed to enter into a Shinto place of worship on certain days of the month. As the Japanese Imperial Majesty is considered the Head of the Shinto religion, there will be times when this will cause conflict with what is a normal female bodily function and what is allowed by the Shinto religion. Sad for Princess Aiko (to us), but it is of the utmost importance to Japanese religion, heritage, and culture, and to maybe even Princess Aiko herself.

It will be interesting to see how the royal duties and training evolve for Prince Christian of Denmark. Will he attend Aarhus University like his father? Which military service will he enter?

It will be interesting to see the new generation of Heirs interacting with each other.
Leonor, Christian, Ingrid Alexandra, Elisabeth, Catharina-Amalia, Estelle, George, Charles, Jacques and Joseph Wenzel.
Elisabeth and Catharina-Amalia seem to have a close relationship, just like their mothers.
Christian and Ingrid Alexandra also seem to be close.
It will be interesting to see how the young Heirs who have reached or are about to reach their 18th birthday will interact with each other at real events over the next few years.

And do things together perhaps?

I can't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to attend or do some sort of charity in pairs or even a small group.
Or put focus on something that is pretty uncontroversial, like excersize, education, climate, recycling, you name it.

I think the press and the public would love it.

It would be good practice and with some they know and of similar age - and yet coming from families with a different approach.

Princess Aiko (or any Japanese princess) doesn't and never will ascend to her country's Chrysanthemum throne BECAUSE she is female. During puberty, a female's body goes through monthly hormonal cycles and from the menarche, any female of the Shinto religion is NEVER allowed to enter into a Shinto place of worship on certain days of the month. As the Japanese Imperial Majesty is considered the Head of the Shinto religion, there will be times when this will cause conflict with what is a normal female bodily function and what is allowed by the Shinto religion. Sad for Princess Aiko (to us), but it is of the utmost importance to Japanese religion, heritage, and culture, and to maybe even Princess Aiko herself.

I cannot claim to be familiar with the rules of Shinto shrines, but practically never see any Shinto-related arguments in mainstream coverage of the succession debate in Japan, and very much doubt it is "of the utmost importance to Japanese religion, heritage and culture".

The only country that changed the laws, retroactively, was Sweden. Belgium changed the law before Elisabeth was born, or her brothers. Norway changed the law, but not retroactively, allowing Haakon to continue to be heir, over his older sister. Denmark has changed the law, but Christian is eldest anyways.

Sweden's change of law was not retroactive since Victoria is deemed to have become crown princess on January 1, 1980, the same day that the law entered into effect.

If what was meant is that the positions of living people were changed by the elimination of sex discrimination from succession to the throne, then that was also the case in Norway (Princess Märtha Louise, who'd had no rights to the throne, became the spare of her generation), Belgium (Princess Astrid and her children were inserted into the line of succession, displacing her brother Laurent), Luxembourg in 2011 (for example, Princess Alexandra moved from her position behind her uncle Guillaume's sons to a position between her brothers Félix and Sébastien), and Britain in 2015 (e.g., the Duke of Gloucester's grandsons Tane Lewis and Rufus Gilman were shifted behind their sisters).

If she marries a titled gentleman, we can expect his title and surname to be part of her children's title(s) and names indeed. As stated, there is no Norwegian nobility anymore, but there are plenty outside Norway.

In the Netherlands the nobility including title/predicate of Heinrich Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (father of Queen Juliana), of Bernhard Prince zur Lippe-Biesterfeld (father of Queen Beatrix) and of Jonkheer Claus von Amsberg (father of King Willem-Alexander) were all passed to their children, as is the normal use. The same happened in Denmark: the children of Henri de Laborde de Monpezat have their father's nobility passed as "Count/Countess de Monpezat".
This is old, but I am sure you know Henri Monpezant de Laborde was no noble. The “title” was created in Denmark for him.

This is old, but I am sure you know Henri Monpezant de Laborde was no noble. The “title” was created in Denmark for him.

He used the title of Count before he came to Denmark, and his ancestors used titles for many generations before him. That has been documented. His family name before marriage was de Laborde de Monpezat, shortened to de Monpezat.

Last edited:
He used the title of Count before he came to Denmark, and his ancestors used titles for many generations before him. That has been documented. His family name before marriage was de Laborde de Monpezat, shortened to de Monpezat.
Maybe I should change to another thread. But the family’s right to claim to nobility has been disputed by Encyclopédie de la fausse noblesse et de la noblesse d'apparence (English: Encyclopedia of False and Seeming Nobility). “Charondas describes in his book A quel titre (volume 37, 1970) the de Laborde de Monpezat as "false nobles, low folk in the 17th century, not received in the states of Béarn due to 'alleged nobility,' and as having never had nobility in their family."

Will Leonor be Leonor I or Leonor II when she becomes queen?
There was a queen Leonor in Navarre. I'm curious to see how they resolve this.

Will Leonor be Leonor I or Leonor II when she becomes queen?
There was a queen Leonor in Navarre. I'm curious to see how they resolve this.

Doesn't Spanish monarchy follow Asturias-Léon-Castille route so Leonor would be Leonor I since any of these previous kingdoms hadn't queen Leonor IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom