The Future Monarchs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After observing their pictures side by side think they all have the same foreheads! And similar noses.

Great article, thanks for posting! Feel a little empathy for CP Victoria as the only ruling Queen of Sweden of her generation to consult and confide in......but look out the generation after, because the GIRLS will literally rule! :flowers:

Great article, thanks for posting! Feel a little empathy for CP Victoria as the only ruling Queen of Sweden of her generation to consult and confide in......but look out the generation after, because the GIRLS will literally rule! :flowers:
Given the usual long lifespan of Swedish monarchs they could all be on the throne at the same time.

I read, in some European monarchy the dynastic legislation has been changed in favour of the first-born child irrespective of its sexual accessory. In Swedish royal family Victoria is the most senior child, therefore this girl will be queen. Victoria has the younger brother who will not be the Swedish king. In Belgium the girl is declared by the successor of the Belgian throne after the father. What irony, but this girl has two younger brothers!!! The same picture is observed in family of the Dutch prince where girls have advantage before the brothers. The Spanish prime minister has suggested to transfer the rights to the Spanish throne of the daughter of Spanish infant and its television beauty. I heard, as if prince Phillip has agreed with the minister. Why so occurs? What is such? Princes have decided to destroy their own monarchy? Because the name and a title pass on a man's line?

I'm sorry but girls don't have precedence over boys in the Netherlands. Yes there have been three queens in a row, but because there has been no male heirs. The last king, Wilhemina's father, died in the 1890's, and his three sons died before him. Wilhemina and Juliana both had only daughters. WA is the first Dutch prince born in the 20th century.They follow equal primogeniture, not female preference.

Why is it destroying the monarchy? To pass on to a female? How sexist is that? This is the 21st century.

Besides it isn't the prince deciding. It is the government, the royal family has no say. The only country that changed the laws, retroactively, was Sweden. Belgium changed the law before Elisabeth was born, or her brothers. Norway changed the law, but not retroactively, allowing Haakon to continue to be heir, over his older sister. Denmark has changed the law, but Christian is eldest anyways.

This is the 21st century. A man can fill the role as consort just as well as women. It will be easier for prince consorts now then it was for Philip, Claus and Bernhard. Because the husbands of CA, IA, Leonor, Estelle, and Elisabeth will have grown up in the 21st century. They will have grown up in a world where women work outside the home, have careers, run multi million dollar corporations and have been presidents. They will have grown up in a world where some men are stay at home dads.

As for charity work. All royal princes do it now. Prince Charles is one of the most active British royals. So how can one say, charity work is harder for a man to get then a woman?

Last edited:
:previous:

The post you're replying to is 5 years old, some how I doubt you're going to get an answer.

I'm sorry but girls don't have precedence over boys in the Netherlands. Yes there have been three queens in a row, but because there has been no male heirs. The last king, Wilhemina's father, died in the 1890's, and his three sons died before him. Wilhemina and Juliana both had only daughters. WA is the first Dutch prince born in the 20th century.They follow equal primogeniture, not female preference.
Since 1983 they have as then the Constitutuion was changed to equal succession. If Willem-Alexander and Máxima had a boy as second child amalia would still be the future Queen as she was the first born.

Since 1983 they have as then the Constitutuion was changed to equal succession. If Willem-Alexander and Máxima had a boy as second child amalia would still be the future Queen as she was the first born.

Countessmeout said that;

They follow equal primogeniture, not female preference.

Her post stated that they did not have female preference (such as when a boy is born first, but a female inherits), it is equal.

Wouldn't this be if the male monarch did not give birth to any boys only girls in which the eldest daughter would be named heir? Which was the case for King George VI who only had 2 girls, For Queen Juliana and her husband and so on.

Wouldn't this be if the male monarch did not give birth to any boys only girls in which the eldest daughter would be named heir? Which was the case for King George VI who only had 2 girls, For Queen Juliana and her husband and so on.
In countries with Male Primogeniture if the King has no sons but only daughters, the eldest daughter will be Heiress Presumptive but not Heiress Apparent. For example, Princess Elizabeth was George VI eldest daughter but she was never Heiress Apparent. That's because however unlikely it was towards the end of his reign, there was always a theoretical possibility George VI would sire a son; in that case, the boy would be ahead of his elder sisters in the line of succession.

In countries with Equal Primogeniture the eldest child regardless of gender is the Heir. For example, Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium's eldest child, Princess Elizabeth, is the Heiress Apparent even though Prince Philippe sired two sons later.

In countries practising Salic or semi-Salic laws, females are totally excluded from the line of succession. In such countries if the King has no sons but only daughters, the Throne passes to the nearest male heir usually based on agnatic primogeniture. For example, Frederick IX had three daughters and no sons; at the time, Denmark had semi-salic laws which meant the King's younger brother, Prince Knud, was the Heir Presumptive. In this particular case, the country opted to pass new laws adopting male primogeniture system to allow Frederick IX's eldest daughter - Princess Margrethe (now Queen Margrethe II) to succeed him.

Who knows, maybe William and Catherine, and Guillaume and Stephanie will have girls first! It will be a remarkable time in history when monarchs are mostly women! :flowers:

Last edited:
It's interesting that many of the first born of heirs to the throne have been females in recent years. Maybe God trying to say something thru this.

A child of William and Catherine will belong to the generation after Ingrid-Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia, Elizabeth, Leonor and Estelle, as it will be the child of an heir of an heir, as it's William himself who is the heir of an heir like the little girls mentioned and Christian of Denmark, even if William is at least 20-30 years older than the rest of them.
Kate's unborn child could reign with Estelle. Think about it Victoria is about 5 years older than William. So it is possible that Estelle and Kate and Williams baby could reign roughly the same period. ;)

Kate's unborn child could reign with Estelle. Think about it Victoria is about 5 years older than William. So it is possible that Estelle and Kate and Williams baby could reign roughly the same period. ;)
Even if the might reign at the same time one day in the future, that doesn't make them belonging to the same royal "generation" today, Estelle is the child of an heir, the child of William and Catherine will be the child of the heir of the heir, so until Charles is king the children will have different status.

When I talk about royal "generations" it's not really about what generation due to age a royal belongs to, it's whether they are monarchs, heirs to the monarch or heirs to the heir to the monarch. That means that queen Elizabeth and prince Albert of Monaco belongs to the same royal "generation", as both are monarchs, even if the age difference between them are 32 years, and that William today belongs to the same "generation" as Elizabeth of Belgium and Estelle of Sweden, even if the age difference is 19 and 30 years.

It's interesting that many of the first born of heirs to the throne have been females in recent years. Maybe God trying to say something thru this.

He's reiterating the Spice Girls' girl power! Lol it's nice to see though the young girls who would one day be Queens of their respective countries and little Christian who would be king. And if Kate does have a girl- imagine that!

^actually it is intereting. maybe Leonor II. (not that it really matters, but Queen Elizabeth is II, even though Queen Elizabeth I was monarch to diferent territories ''England and Ireland'', while QEII is of United Kingdom and Commonwealth Realms)

Elisabeth will be I, Catharina-Amalia will be I (Catharina I or Amalia I), Ingrid Alexandra will be Ingrid I i think and Estelle will be I too. almost all will be I.
Christian will be the one with the record of number between all future female monarchs, Christian XI

^^^^^
Doesn't there have to be a second before a monarch is called the first? For instance Queen Victoria of GB has no regnal number because we have yet to have a Victoria II.

^^^^^
Doesn't there have to be a second before a monarch is called the first? For instance Queen Victoria of GB has no regnal number because we have yet to have a Victoria II.
Not in all countries.For example King Baudouin I. and King Juan Carlos I. use/used the ordinal but they where the first monarch of this name.

^actually it is intereting. maybe Leonor II. (not that it really matters, but Queen Elizabeth is II, even though Queen Elizabeth I was monarch to diferent territories ''England and Ireland'', while QEII is of United Kingdom and Commonwealth Realms)

Isn't Queen Elizabeth called Elizabeth I in Scotland?
I remember reading something about this somewhere on the forum.

I guess there is a possibility that she takes Leonor II as her Queen´s name, but tradictionally, Spanish Kings after the unification have taken their ordinals after the Kings of Castile, nor Aragon nor Navarre. I guess it would have been quite a mess otherwise :lol:

Taken by example King Fernando, the Catholic, he was Fernando II of Aragon and Fernando V of Castile (and Fernando III of Sicile, btw), the next King of Spain called Fernando was Fernando VI, after the Castillian ordinal of his predecessor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonor II is what I was thinking but her accession is many moons away and I might not be around to see it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Letitzia will get pregnant and have a boy ;) Isn't the boy that will be heir then?
(I don't really expect she will, but who know :p )
Then if W&K have a son, there will be 3 boys vs 4 girls :) And if Guillaume and Stephanie have a son and Albert é Charlene too, boys will lead ;)

Eleanor of Aquitaine was a formidable woman. That could be an option.

Maybe Letitzia will get pregnant and have a boy ;) Isn't the boy that will be heir then?
(I don't really expect she will, but who know :p )
Then if W&K have a son, there will be 3 boys vs 4 girls :) And if Guillaume and Stephanie have a son and Albert é Charlene too, boys will lead ;)

Anything is possible but if Letizia did have a boy it might re-open the male preference primogeniture debate!

It will be interesting to see what Regnal name Leonor of Spain will take,will she be Leonor/Eleanor I or II,as Navarre already had a Leonor/Eleanor I .

Eleanor of Navarre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's an interesting question. Personally, I'm pretty certain she will be Leonor II.

Previous Spanish precedences suggest they follow the British example (or, to be more precise, the British followed the Spanish example) of using the highest ordinal available. For instance, when Ferdinand - the son of Philip V and Maria Louisa of Savoy - became King of Spain, he reigned as Ferdinand VI, and not Ferdinand I. Up to that point, there hadn't been a Monarch named Ferdinand in Spain, although there had been five in Castile.

When the Act of Union 1707 was signed, it was agreed that all future Monarchs in Great Britain (later, the British Empire and the United Kingdom) will have the highest available regnal number. The question didn't really arise until the reign of Elizabeth II because because while there had been an Elizabeth I in England, there had never been one in Scotland (or in any of the Realms). It was then again agreed that all subsequent Monarchs will have the highest ordinal number available. Among other things that means that if there is ever a sovereign named, say, Margaret, Robert, Alexander, David, or Malcolm, they will be respectively Margaret II, Robert IV, Alexander IV, David II and Malcolm V - despite England never having Monarchs with those regnal names (on the other hand, Scotland did).

^^^^^
Not in all countries but in the UK (and its predeceasing states) that appears to be the case. All the Monarchs who were the first to reign under a given name where just known as King/Queen Name until a subsequent Monarch with the same name ascended to the Throne.

Here is a nice photo of all the future european monarchs. Can't wait until William and Catherine, and Guilluame and Stephanie's children will be added! :flowers:

Thanks for the montage!:flowers:
Well ... it looks like future King of Denmark will have mostly female counterparts. Hopefully one or two boys will be added to the list.

Here is a nice photo of all the future european monarchs. Can't wait until William and Catherine, and Guilluame and Stephanie's children will be added! :flowers:

That's a great collage! Maybe there will also be a child for Albert and Charlene, to complete a third row ;)

I know this may not happen but I would really love if Ingrid Alexandra chooses "Queen Margaret II" as her regnal name when she is queen. I also would love if Estelle chooses "Queen Victoria II" as a regnal name!

I know this may not happen but I would really love if Ingrid Alexandra chooses "Queen Margaret II" as her regnal name when she is queen. I also would love if Estelle chooses "Queen Victoria II" as a regnal name!
Why on earth should either girl choose a name that neither have as their given names??? If the only reason is to have a queen with a ordinal number, why not hope for Catharina-Amalia to choose Beatrix as her regnal name, she is at least baptized to Beatrix?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom