The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

Love the picture of all the future female monarchs.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Commoner

The picture with all the females is amazing

Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Any idea what the logic was behind changing the law on names?
As far as i remember it was because many people had quiet a string of names and in official docemtns it needed a lot of space to list them all.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

A double-name shouldn´t be an issue,but in the past some royals had a dozen second names to honour all of their relatives,in UK male royals carry four names but only one first name.For non-royals I find it quite beautiful to have one first name,one second name and one family name like Franklin Delano Roosevelt-the second name is usually abbreviated to one letter.

The royals have chosen charming names for their offspring which I wouldn´t like to be changed.Well,...maybe Estelle but I am sure I will get used to it!My favourite names are Amalia and Leonor-unique,short,beautiful sound
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

im quite happy for the choosen names of the future female monarchs and their siblings, it reflets the parent's taste and personality and we've got many unique, beautiful and diferent names (Catharina-Amalia, Leonor, Ingrid Alexandra/Isabella, Gabriel, Eleonore, Vincent, Sofia, Josephine, Ariane). well im getting used to Estelle little by little, but its because of the girl herself...
if William and Catherine have a girl, i hope they use a traditional yet beautiful name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Aiko is not a future monarch, unless her male cousin dies and Japan changes its constitution, while all the girls on the wallpaper are heiresses apparent and future monarchs.
nope, not all are heiresses apparent, Leonor is a heiress presumptive and thus she will be the only presumptive crown princess in Europe.

unfortunately, Aiko isnt allowed to become the first female Monarch in Japan by her own right. if Hisahito wasnt born, maybe they would consider changing the succession law, since there was no Prince in the family.
not now, but eventually in the future, their salic law might be changed if not into eldest-child law regardless of gender but at least into male-preference (allowing girls to inherit the throne if theres no male siblings)
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialPrincess View Post
The picture with all the females is amazing
I have to agree.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Wonderful wallpaper,Monarchist Aussie!Thanks for sharing:-)
I just wanted to say we should also include Japans future royal:Princess Aiko!
She has the most difficult role to fulfil/the most complicated background in my view especially with the IHA who is very restricting.What do you think?
Much as I'd love to include Princess Aiko, she doesn't currently qualify to succeed. Which is something I've always found strange given that although Japan is traditionally a patriarchal society, the royal family derives its right to rule by virtue of their divine ancestor the GODDESS Amaterasu! One would have thought a female monarch occupying the Chrysanthemum throne in the image of her divine ancestor would be preferred.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 AM

I didn't realise Leonor was still presumptive.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist Aussie View Post
I didn't realise Leonor was still presumptive.
Spain still employs Male Primogeniture meaning that a son born to the Princes of Asturias ill will, in theory, be ahead of his sisters in the succession line.
However, in practice, it is all but certain that should the Princess of Asturias give birth to a son, the law will be changed to Equal Primogeniture, allowing Leonor to succeed. In fact, when Princess Letizia was expected her second child, they announced beforehand it was a girl not to rush the Government into adopting the changes.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Nobility

the fact that japan has had empresses in the past makes aiko's situation all the more frustrating.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

I personally don't think we will see any additional children from Felipe and Letiza, I would of love a couple more because they have such beautiful children, but I think unless an accident happens that nursery is closed.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

So far we have Elisabeth, Amalia, Ingrid, Leonor and Estelle. I wonder if Charlene and Albert's first baby and Stephanie and Guillaume's first baby will be a girl, I actually want a boy for both of them, so that Europe can be more balanced.

Here are the future Female monarchs, but I added the boys as well (even outside Europe):
-Picture