The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2004, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 29th, 2004 - 5:19 am

The Dole's imprisoned the Last Hawaiian Queen in her Palace. There is much dispute over who is the heir now. The most likely claimant is a billionairess. It is a really sad story. The are still tring to find all the treasures that were stolen and sold from the Palace.
When I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon a few years ago, my husband and I toured the Iolani Palace, which is the only palace ever built on American soil. It's in downtown Honolulu. There is a volunteer organization who takes care of it. It's being restored, and they are in the process of combing the world for the original items from the house. (They have photographs of what each room looked like.) Some rooms are completely restored; others have only a table and a chair, or even just a photograph, showing what the room should look like. Our tour guide told us a story about how on one tour he'd given, a couple from Maine was looking closely at a photo of one of the rooms when the wife suddenly said, "Honey, doesn't that look like the table we just bought at the garage sale?" When the couple went home, one of the volunteers from the group who cares for the Palace went with them to examine the table, and, sure enough, it was the exact same table. The couple graciously donated it to the Palace.

I hadn't known much about the story of the Hawaiian royal family before then, and I thought the whole thing was so incredibly sad.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I saw a story about how portraits of the one of the King and Queens were discovered in a barn in Ireland. The owner had bought them from Gypsies. Luckily, the owner had a friend who happened to recognize the King and asked him what he was doing with a picture of the King of Hawaii in his barn.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Commoner

Prince Andre Louis Leopold Charles Marie Poniatowski, a French nobleman and distant heir to the Polish throne married Elizabeth Sperry of San Francisco back in 1894. Sperry was a member of a San Franciscan socialite. Her sister was married to William H. Crocker (also of San Franciscan wealth). Crocker built Tanforan Park which has some fame with the race-horse Seabiscuit.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Perillos@Dec 31st, 2003 - 4:22 pm
Lest we forget, America's own Royal House, the Kamehamehas of Hawaii:

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Hawaii/hawaiimn.htm
for goodness sake don't let the Hawaiians hear you call their royal family American. I was told that when Hawaii became a state of America not one native Hawaiian took part in the celebrations and there is a Hawaiin nation organisation dedicated to Hawaiian independence.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Consuelo Vanderbilt married the Duke of Marlborough (may or may not qualify technically as "royalty").
Old 06-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Geraldine of Albania had an American mother, although I don't think she ever lived in the USA.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hélène
That is soo cool. I had no idea Hawaii had it's own Royal House...
Not that many people do.

I was born and raised in Kauai, Hawaii and I am half Hawaiian & half Irish. But I can tell you this, many locals (non-Haoles) do not consider themselves to be "American" ever since the US overthrew our monarchy and stole our lands from our people ; moreover, they stole our homeland for their own greedy needs!

It's a touchy subject here and quite a long story, but if you are intrested in the history of Hawaii do a little research and you will be quite shocked to learn the truth.

Take care
Kanga
Old 10-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Well what about Princess Lee Rawzidall-Jackie O's sister.
Angela Brown was born in Panama, but obtained American citizenship and basically lived her whole life in the US b/f marriage
Old 10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanstotz
there is no such thing as american royalty, you are either the one or the other.

(&americans who curtsy to the english royal family or other royals are not entirely well)
Is this because you think that Americans are somehow superior to other nations?
Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Commoner

.....But I thought that in the Americas monarquies do not exist!! the last monarquies (or alike) were the Aztecs and the Inca Empire.....helloooo!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Administrator

American Monarchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australis
.....But I thought that in the Americas monarquies do not exist!! the last monarquies (or alike) were the Aztecs and the Inca Empire.....helloooo!!!
Not quite.

HAITI
1847-1849: Emperor Faustin I (Faustin Soulouque)

MEXICO
1822-1823: Emperor Augustin de Iturbide
1864-1867: Emperor Maximilian I (brother of the Emperor Franz Josef of Austria)

BRAZIL
1815: proclaimed a Kingdom;
1822: proclaimed an Empire;
1889: Emperor Pedro II deposed.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

American Danish Princess

Prince Viggo of Denmark (1893-1970), a grandson of King Christian IX, married in 1923 Eleanor Green (born in New York 1895 - died Copenhagen 1966).

On his marriage he renounced his title of HRH Prince of Denmark and became His Highness Prince Viggo, Count af Rosenborg.

Princess Viggo was a popular member of the Danish Royal Family; they had no children.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

what about that thai princess who married an american guy? their son died in the tsunami.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Nobility

North-American - Canadian - Royalty

I found it very interesting reading all the Americans that married Royalty, can anyone think of someone from Canada that married into Royalty??

Actually I just thought of one - The wife of the Earl of St. Andrews (oldest son of the Duke and Duchess of Kent (Britain) married a Canadian.

Although not quite the same as marrying one, Prince Andrew has a girfriend - Sandy Jones that he met while at school in Ontario Canada, she was invited to his wedding. Prince Charles has had a girlfriend here as well. It was also rumored that Princess Margaret fell in love with our former Prime Minister Turner, long before he became Prime Minister, but it was discouraged.

And in history we have the Duke of Kent's lady Julia from Quebec, who he married .
Old 03-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Gentry

Also...Lee Radziwill, Jackie Kennedy's sister. She was married to Prince Stanislas Radziwill of Poland

Plus, there are descendants of Hawaiian royals.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is Lee Raziwill still alive? I recently saw a picturebook about her, she was extremely elegant, even more then her sister Jackie O. Where Lee and Jackie the only siblings or do they have more brothers/sisters? Did anybody else see the documentairy made in the 70-ties about their aunt and cousin, Edith Bouvier Beale and Edith Beale?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

Exclamation Barbara Hutton

Hi,

Are we forgetting Barbara Hutton? The track record of "The Poor Little Rich Girl":

First she married Prince Alexis Mdivani of Georgia (who may or may not be legitimate).
Then, she married Count Kurt Von Haugwitz-Reventlow of Denmark.
Later, she married Prince Igor Troubetzkoy of Lithuania.
Still later, she married Baron Gottfried Von Cramm of Germany.
And even later, she married Prince Doan Champassak of Vietnam.

So, she has been up and down the princely, countly, baronly trail. None of these men were technically 'royal' but interesting, and classed as "Million Dollar Studs".......

Regards,
Larry
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Is Lee Raziwill still alive? I recently saw a picturebook about her, she was extremely elegant, even more then her sister Jackie O. Where Lee and Jackie the only siblings or do they have more brothers/sisters? Did anybody else see the documentairy made in the 70-ties about their aunt and cousin, Edith Bouvier Beale and Edith Beale?
I'm positive she's still alive. She is a contributing editor at Vanity Fair magazine, and there was an article about her in one of last year's issues. I haven't heard that she has died since. She and Jackie were the only children of Black Jack Bouvier, but their mother Janet remarried Hugh D. Auchincloss, Jr, and they had two more children Janet Jr. and James (Jamie). Janet Jr. passed away in 1985 but James is still alive, I think. I've read that Jackie and Lee stopped to both or one of their half-siblings because he/she/they gave candid interviews about their famous sister.
I have not watched the documentary Grey Gardens but I would like to.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Aristocracy

HRH Prince Christopher of Greece's first wife was an American heiress - Nancy Leeds (who after their wedding took the name Anastasia).
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

One of John. F. Kennedy's sisters married into British aristocracy? Kathleen Agnes Kennedy (1920-1948). Known as Kick, she married a Protestant, the son and the heir to the Duke of Devonshire, over her mother's strenuous religious objections. After being widowed when her husband, the Marquess of Hartington, was killed in action in WWII, she was killed in a plane crash in France with her lover, a British earl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_family