The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I think if Scotland became independent, it would either become a Republic or keep the Queen but as Queen of Scots. (Though I doubt they'd get to strip her of her numeral, assuming she would still be the monarch at the time.)

I think Ireland will be a republic for the foreseeable future.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Nobility

Well the Stuart pretenders would certainly be extremely happy if that happened.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Would they? I don't think the legitimate Jacobite heir even claims the throne. It's Franz Herzog in Bayern (Duke Franz of Bavaria). It would be funny if they did, and even funnier if both monarchies were restored (Scotland and Bavaria would have the same king)...

I digress...

What about Canada? I always thought that either Canada and Australia will one day fully abolish the monarchy, or else the UK will first and the Windsors will reign from Ottowa (LOL).
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
I certainly would like to see the Shah's son (Iran) back in power, he and his family want to go back.
I'd rather see the Qajar heirs back on the throne that the Pahlavis usurped. Even though Empress Farah is FABULOUS... ;-)
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Courtier

I'd most like to see the following countries/places restore monarchy:

1) Brazil
2) Hawai'i
3) Ryukyu Kingdom
4) Sarawak
5) **Mexico** (I'm on the fence, but the idea is enticing...esp the Aztec royals)
6) Peru (Sapa Inca)
7) Russia (don't ask me which pretender, though...)
8) Portugal
9) Georgia
10) Ethiopia (has previously considered it)

None of these are really "new" royal families, though... the exception being that the House of Kawananakoa has never actually reigned in Hawai'i. They were the designated legal heirs to Queen Lydia Liliuokalani, and are thus called the "House of Kawananakoa-in-waiting".
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Courtier

I forgot Albania and Montenegro. Them, too.

Monarchy in the United States would never work. But regional ones might. Hawai'i is the only place where one already exists, per se, although many places and native groups have traditional hereditary nobilities sometimes bordering on monarchy. If the King of Hawai'i, say, had no political power...maybe like the Japanese Emperor, he could be a symbol of state unity and history. (Prince Quentin would be an awesome king, btw)...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
Would they? I don't think the legitimate Jacobite heir even claims the throne. It's Franz Herzog in Bayern (Duke Franz of Bavaria). It would be funny if they did, and even funnier if both monarchies were restored (Scotland and Bavaria would have the same king)...
Hah, true.. he seems to have quite the sense of humour about the whole thing.

Quote:
What about Canada? I always thought that either Canada and Australia will one day fully abolish the monarchy, or else the UK will first and the Windsors will reign from Ottowa (LOL).
Abolishing the monarchy in Canada would be a task of truly epic proportions, due to how difficult it is to amend our Constitution. Quite literally everyone in our provincial, territorial, and federal governments has to agree. Okay, not literally, but near enough as makes no odds. Her Madge--and His, eventually, though may that day be long in coming--is here to stay, and glad I am of it!

PS: Ottawa :)
Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCanada View Post
Quite literally everyone in our provincial, territorial, and federal governments has to agree. Okay, not literally, but near enough as makes no odds.
Indeed. Getting a pro-republic government in all 10 provinces (the territories don't matter) and the federal government won't ever happen, at least not in the current political climate. Even then, I could see a province or two simply refusing just to spite the federal government of the day.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
That would not be a problem, apart from the fact that I don't see The Duke of Bavaria move to Scotland. He's an old gentleman living in Nymphenburg Palace in Munich which must be one of the most beautiful palaces in Europe, surrounded by a large park but within the city boundaries. Why should he walk away from his place of home? Bavarians don't tend to do that.

But - Franz is unmarried. His brother Max is his heir. Max only has 4 daughters. So the next heiress would be princess Sophie of Bavaria. But she, alas, is married to the herediary prince of Liechtenstein and her son is the next in line to become reigning prince of Liechtenstein after his grandfather and father. I doubt the Scots want the future reigning prince of Liechtenstein as their future king.

And it is still not clear if Henriette Anne Stuart, ancestor of The Duke of Bavaria did not rightfully renounce her inheritance rights on marrying the brother of the French king Louis XIV.AFAIK she did as this was the custom of the day on dealing with France because noone wanted a French prince on the throne of England and Scotland back then. So even if the Act of Settlement would be declared void, in all probability the descendants of Henriette Anne Stuart, duchess of Orleans had never had a right to the British throne. Including the Duke of Bavaria.

But if Henriette Anne's descendants have no such right, then we end up with her aunt Elizabeth Stuarts, her cousin electress Sophia and Sophia's descendants - ergo HM Elizabeth II and her heir, Charles.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

Westphalia separates from Germany.
The new Kingdom of Westphalia is proclaimed.
I would like to see the sovereign work on social issues.
The monarch could be both traditional and with the times.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Serene Highness

What if after the American revolution, the citizens of the new country decided to have a monarchy (this didn't happen and never would happen but let's just say that the majority of American decided that they wanted this. Here what I think it might look liked.

The royal family would be democratically elected and their duties would be spelled out in the constitution. They wouldn't be head of government but more of a ceremonial function.

The head of the family would be elected by the American family. If the Congress or the American people didn't think they were doing a good job or felt like they weren't representing the US in a positive way, they would have the right to depose the head of the family and replace them with someone else.

A royal family in the South during the civil war would never be as those in the South don't like to be told what to do especially if it's something that they are opposed to (they wouldn't be in favor of an American royal family) I'm not getting into the politics of this just that royals are used to telling people what to do and expecting them to do what they say would be difficult in the Southern States.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

I can think of only one royal household that would be acceptable in the South. Of course this royal family and nation wouldn't be traditional royalty. It would be very different from any royal household in Europe or anywhere else. Uniquely American. I doubt that this would be accepted as royal from European or any other royal household as most of these individuals in it were just average regular people.

NASCAR and Charlotte North Carolina being the Nations Capital of the NASCAR nation as North Carolina is where it's roots began. Daytona Beach International Speedway was where the first races would were run, so this be the capital in the Southern Region of the Nation. In the Mid-West Chicago or the Chicago Speedway would be the capital in the Mid-West, In the West Sonoma Raceway in California would be the capital and Watkins Glens in Watkins Glen in the East would round out the capitals.

A NASCAR fan is part of the NASCAR nation which covers the entire US. We would be the subjects (the nation) and attending races and supporting NASCAR would be our duties. This nation is conservative, very patriotic and religious (bordering a bit on quasi-Christianity) but at the same time has moderation which contradicts this(very strange mix). I will omit the politics here but you get the general idea.

Well, you need someone to rule the NASCAR nation so you have NASCAR royalty. The France family would rule over the nation as they started it and the NASCAR drivers would be the Prince and Princess of this nation. Some like Richard Petty, the Earnhardts, Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon would be in the highest rungs of this dynasty. Getting into this royalty would require hard work and one does not have to be wealthy to get into this royalty as these individuals were not wealthy prior to racing.