The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Does the Catholic have to wear long dress length? As I see most of the Roman Catholic royal ladies (with or without privilege of white) wear knee length dresses (e.g. Mathilde, Letizia, Charlene and the Lux ladies), while some Protestant ladies wear long dress (e.g. Silvia). I assume the non Catholic isn't subject to the protocol (Margrethe even wore grey IIRC?) but it seems that the protocol is quite flexible for the Catholic too?.
Only under the current pontiff has protocol become more relaxed for Catholics.

It's hugely ironic-to me at least-that non Catholics continue to appear with dignity and dressed appropriately in the presence of the Successor to St Peter, and (some) Catholics are content to appear dressed and behaved as if it's just another lunch with the CEO...of course with Pope Bergoglio's approval.

Not a fan, as you have probably guessed.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of whom?

Old 11-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Only under the current pontiff has protocol become more relaxed for Catholics.

It's hugely ironic-to me at least-that non Catholics continue to appear with dignity and dressed appropriately in the presence of the Successor to St Peter, and (some) Catholics are content to appear dressed and behaved as if it's just another lunch with the CEO...of course with Pope Bergoglio's approval.

Not a fan, as you have probably guessed.

Me either. Not a fan at all.

LaRae
Old 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful picture of the Crown Princes of Denmark. You may be proud of them.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Prince Frederick (Frederick III) of Germany was received by Pope Leo XIII in the Vatican.
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/1056818240
Old 06-14-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess View Post
Protestant Kings & Queens (monarch & consort) = black
Catholic Kings & Queens (monarch & consort) = white
Others than Kings & Queens = black

That's the way I've understood it.
I've often wondered how the whole thing worked with Protestant monarchs meeting the Pope.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

When Royals visit the Pope, is there a registration book they have to sign prior to the visit?
Old 09-17-2019, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I came across this video of the first official visit of newly-crowned King Felipe VI of Spain and his spouse to the Vatican. Queen Letizia wore white. However, why did she not wear a hat or veil?