The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Yes, Warren, it's entirely appropriate (and good survival sense) to throw a piece of meat at a snarling dog to save your life. But it doesn't make the whole scene any less distasteful.

I'm sorry but what you said is unacceptable. Treating the people as snarling dog!!!!
Do not forget, that especially in our days, if Royals are there, is only because this snarling dogs accept them, by right, stupidity or romantism..... but if this dogs weren't there, from what would Queens and Kings eat, be luxury dressed and travel comfortably???
They do not rule themselves, so what is their added value???
I think that the Queen is intelligent, and she did what their people expected from her. She showed that she respected their sorrow, and this is very good. It is not disgusting to show to those are feeding you.. that you understand their feelings.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
On London Subway bombing, for days I did not see a single pic of the Queen being immediately there, I think only Prince Charles.
Our Queen isn't exactly the emotional type. We look to her to remain solid and set the precedent. So, if she appears defiant - we do the same. She was out the next day, visiting the victims and she made that wonderful speech. She ditched the hat and the gloves and she appeared to soften as she wandered through the hospital - it was very strange to see and as someone who was on a train in the next platform when the bomb went off at Kings Cross - well, her words meant alot. Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were next to visit I think and Camilla said to the cameras = "It makes one very proud to be British". I thought so much of her for saying that. But the whole Royal Family were brilliant. At the 2 minute silence, the Queen walked out into the forecourt of Buckingham Palace to mark it - alone. It was a very poignant moment. And of course, she ordered that the bands played the American National Anthem in the forecourt after 9/11.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I think that the Queen is intelligent, and she did what their people expected from her
Not at all. She was forced. The Press wanted to get their shot of her in the black outfit and they were going to force her out of the Palace. And they managed it. The Queen had to throw the bait for them to take. She had to keep on their side because they hold the power of the people.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I may be wrong. I remember in the morning of the Madrid explosion, less than one hour after, the WHOLE royal family of Spain was out to run visit the victims. You had the impression that they rushed, they even not"'washed their tooth' in order to be immediately there.
Well fandesacs2003, I certainly admire the Spanish royal family's caring for running out to the scene an hour after the explosion, but with the potential for bombers being still around, was that really wise?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
On London Subway bombing, for days I did not see a single pic of the Queen being immediately there, I think only Prince Charles.

Our Queen isn't exactly the emotional type. We look to her to remain solid and set the precedent. So, if she appears defiant - we do the same. She was out the next day, visiting the victims and she made that wonderful speech. .
Understand.
She did exactly what her own people expected her to do, and this is perfect. She would be a bad Queen of Spain but she the perfect Queen of England. Good, thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I think that the Queen is intelligent, and she did what their people expected from her. She showed that she respected their sorrow, and this is very good. It is not disgusting to show to those are feeding you.. that you understand their feelings.
I still maintain my respect for the Queen; she did the best she could under very difficult circumstances.

I still maintain my disgust at the angry mob that brought this situation to what it became. They did not deserve such a Queen. Once monarchs have to appease an angry mob, its time for the monarchies to end. The people are no longer worthy of their Kings and Queens.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:47 AM

Quote:
She did exactly what her own people expected her to do, and this is perfect
No, thats not quite true. For her to do all of that was a huge shock. Usually she releases a statement saying how saddened she is. She never comes out into the forecourt as she did - it was unusual and it won her brownie points because we didn't expect it.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well fandesacs2003, I certainly admire the Spanish royal family's caring for running out to the scene an hour after the explosion, but with the potential for bombers being still around, was that really wise?
It was not wise, and the pic of Prince Felipe together with the two infantas, heading the big antiterrorist demonstration under the rain, was not wise also, but this kind of actions make people love their royals.

Queen Mother, staying in the bombed London diring the second War, was not wise either.... but British never forgot, and they loved her till her end.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, Warren, it's entirely appropriate (and good survival sense) to throw a piece of meat at a snarling dog to save your life. But it doesn't make the whole scene any less distasteful.
I was going to protest at the snarling dog analogy, but I must admit I didn't get offended until someone else pointed out it's offensiveness for me.

But yes, the genius of the Windsors is their knack for survival. And the week of the funeral was ugly indeed. The dogs were barking and the hounds were baying. Fortunately it was only a temporary, and uncharacteristic, aberration. Things are much more settled now.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
She never comes out into the forecourt as she did - it was unusual and it won her brownie points because we didn't expect it.
And here is a pic... my first attempt at Photobucket.

Queen Elizabeth II, Mourning for the victims of the London bombings, July 2005, Buckingham Palace Forecourt
courtesy Abaca Press.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:39 AM

I thought HM was alone but she wasn't. The men in grey suits were carefully hidden so that from the front view, you couldn't see them.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
And here is a pic... my first attempt at Photobucket.
Queen Elizabeth II, Mourning for the victims of the London bombings, July 2005, Buckingham Palace Forecourt
courtesy Abaca Press.
MOURNING IN PINK!!!! Aie Ae Aie!!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Administrator

As a general observation I think some members should step back occasionally and have a second look at what they have been posting.

A string of critical and negative posts across various threads does not leave a very positive impression.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator
Old 11-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
MOURNING IN PINK!!!! Aie Ae Aie!!!!!
At least she looks suitably grim.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought HM was alone but she wasn't. The men in grey suits were carefully hidden so that from the front view, you couldn't see them.
As well, the bodyguards would never be far away.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It was not wise, and the pic of Prince Felipe together with the two infantas, heading the big antiterrorist demonstration under the rain, was not wise also, but this kind of actions make people love their royals.

Queen Mother, staying in the bombed London diring the second War, was not wise either.... but British never forgot, and they loved her till her end.
That's what people want from their royals: plenty of human interest, romance, lovely weddings, sweet babies and inspiration in times of crisis. Unfortunately, the British RF hasn't been able to provide much of all that in recent years.
(Apart from the all-conquering Camilla. That is romance indeed!)
Old 11-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Royal Highness

Sometimes, Queen Sofia breaks the protocol because she walks in front of the King. And the protocol says that the consort must walk behing the King or Queen ruling.
I read (i don't remember where...) that the King said that i doesn´t mind that the Queen walks in his front.
This mistake happens a lot of times and the some people don't think that is important.
The Princess Letizia was, also, critized because of this little mistake, in her first times as a princess.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
For the Spanish Royal Family, in these cases, the danger is relative, because somehow always they live under terrorist threat.
ETA has tried to kill the King in at least two occasions, the Spanish Royal Family always lives through safety measures surrounded with forts.
The Prince also came years ago to the funeral for a young councilman who was kidnapped and murdered by ETA, a very dramatic history.
If they were thinking about the danger that they run, they would not live.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks for explaining lula. :)
Old 12-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Not at all. She was forced. The Press wanted to get their shot of her in the black outfit and they were going to force her out of the Palace. And they managed it. The Queen had to throw the bait for them to take. She had to keep on their side because they hold the power of the people.
i disagree, with alot of posts on here, we dont know the Queen, we can guess and guess but we never know or will do as to why she does the things she does, everyone can imagen her up bringing, strict, not very emotional, my gran comes from a very upper class, rich family and has many aristocratic friends, and you would never see her say things like, i love you, or hug or kiss anyone, never seen her cry, even when she is morning, and she does that because of who she is because when she was younger that is what was expected of her, as with the Queen. and as for the critizing well you'll lucky HM isnt like me, cause id transfere my bank account, sell my property and jewels, art, gold, silver wave good bye to everyone from a nice big plane probo with my middle finger up and laugh and live the rest of my live relaxing in ibiza , not having to do what is expected of me, just do what i want. theres nothing stopping her but herself, her desire to serve is incrediable no matter what people say. oh and if i was her, abolish the monarchy to and when people complain that the blairs and their succsessors arn't bling bling and showey enough id tell ya to stick it. Im a very strong royalist and pray that i never live to see the day britian becomes a republic, but id love to her do that, and peoples faces. maybe in the future when the Queen dies Zara, Peter, William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie will do just that, cause i doubt they really want be in the place theyre in.