The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

Which of the young royals has the highest military rank? I have always wondered. Also, I have seen The Princess Royal in her military uniform, have any of the other royal woman been seen in them?

Old 05-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

I think The Prince of Orange has got the highest rank (colonel), Prince Carl Philip of Sweden-2nd Lieutnenant, The Prince of Asturias-Commander, The Crownprince of Denmark-Lieutnant-Colonel). I just the only female princess who wear uniform (without Princess Royal) is Princess Astrid of Belgium.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

We have another great woman to add to the short list!!! :

AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's King Abdullah II granted his wife, Queen Rania, the honorary military rank of full colonel in the armed forces Thursday, the official Petra news agency reported.

Abdullah also appointed his Palestinian-born wife as the head of Higher Council of Queen Rania al-Abdullah Society for the Support of the Military and their Families.

The society, established by the queen three months ago, provides assistance and financial aid to needy armed forces families.

It also allocates monthly income for orphans and widows of military personnel and provides loans and social services.

"You were always the nearest to me to share my opinion on the necessity of providing the requirements and descent life standards to all the boys and girls in our one big Jordanian family, especially the members of the armed forces and their families," Abdullah said in a letter addressed to the queen.

Queen Rania is also the honorary chairwoman of the Arab Army Officers Wives Club since its establishment in 2002.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Majesty

what about the king of sweden and the prince of sweden

and will victoria have a military rank when she becomes queen
Old 11-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by megknight
Also, I have seen The Princess Royal in her military uniform, have any of the other royal woman been seen in them?
Queen Elizabeth II rode at Trooping the Color in uniform up to 1987.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Courtier

She also served in the ATS (Auxiliary Territorial Service) in 1945 and she was sometimes seen wearing her uniform, for example on VE DAy (8 May 1945).
Old 03-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Majesty

HM The Queen of Denmark

HM The Queen is the supreme commander of the Danish Defence Forces.

In addition to the relations to the Danish Defence, HM The Queen has a special connection to particular units of the British Defence. In 1972, Her Majesty was appointed Allied Colonel-in-Chief of The Queen's Regiment, and in 1992 HM The Queen was appointed Allied Colonel-in-Chief of The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Majesty

HRH The Prince Consort Henrik
holds the honorary rank of General and Admiral in the Danish Defence.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Majesty

The Crown Prince of Denmark
Royal Danish Navy Frogman Corps 1995 (equivalent to Special Boat Service – Royal Marines, or US Navy Seals).
Commander senior grade in the Navy, lieutenant colonel in the Army, and lieutenant colonel in the Air Force 2004.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Majesty

Prince Joachim’s

in 1992 after having completed advanced training level I for officers of the reserve (VUT I), he was appointed Captain of the reserve. Prince Joachim remains active in the defence reserve as a Squadron Commander Designate of a tank squadron in the Prince’s Life Guard Regiment.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:37 AM
Majesty

what ranks does the king of norway and crown prince of Norway hold
Old 03-24-2005, 04:46 AM
Majesty

King CARL XVI GUSTAF
The King holds supreme rank in the three arms of Sweden's defence forces
Old 03-24-2005, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sosnowitz
I think The Prince of Orange has got the highest rank (colonel), Prince Carl Philip of Sweden-2nd Lieutnenant, The Prince of Asturias-Commander, The Crownprince of Denmark-Lieutnant-Colonel). I just the only female princess who wear uniform (without Princess Royal) is Princess Astrid of Belgium.
did not carl philip get a higher rank last year
Old 04-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Joachim was recently promoted from the rank of captain to major in the reserve.

Crown Prince Haakon is lieutenant-commander in the Norwegian Navy. (If I have translated it right, and the information I found was accurate, that is.)
Old 04-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
what ranks does the king of norway and crown prince of Norway hold
King Harald is General in the Army and the Airforce and Admiral in the Navy, and commander of the Norwegian forces.

Queen Sonja also has taken a military education, and has the rank of Brigadier. (As far as I can tell.)
Old 04-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Carl Philip was appointed Lieutenant in December 2004.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I've seen Queen Noor and Princess Ayesha of Jordan wearing military uniforms.
And Princess Masna of Brunei as well, along with one of here sisters.
Not sure what titles these women have though.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Nobility

The Duke of Edinburgh holds ranks of Admiral of the Fleet, Field Marshal and Marshal of RAF, but he seems to wear his Royal Navy uniform whenever he has to dress as a military man. I cannot find any of his photos in the Army or RAF uniform.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
The Duke of Edinburgh holds ranks of Admiral of the Fleet, Field Marshal and Marshal of RAF, but he seems to wear his Royal Navy uniform whenever he has to dress as a military man. I cannot find any of his photos in the Army or RAF uniform.
In the 2003 Royal Portrait for Australia, His Royal Highness wears the uniform of a Marshal of the Royal Australian Air Force. This picture is too large to post here, but I'll endevour to sent it to you.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple

He sometimes wears other uniforms, if the event involves only the Army or the RAF. I think that if he usually choses the Royal Navy uniform is because the navy is the senior service and its officers are senior to their equals in the other services (so an admiral comes before a general, for example); and because he served in the Navy.

In occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, in 2000, he wore his RAF uniform.