Royal Dining Etiquette

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Segolen that is correct! I did not see this being answered but between the different corses the sever will bring a personal bowl of water with petals for the washing of ones finger tips also another server will come around again in between corses and Crum the area,

:previous: Off topic, but I do wonder. If it is the thing to show up 10-15 minutes after the event start time and it is another the thing to call 2 minutes in advance of every minute that you will be late, does everyone call the hostess 30 minutes before the start of the party and explain that they will be fashionable?

I think this would make a smashing Math and Ethics question for 6th graders! :lol:

Last edited:
:previous: It could be offered in the same textbook that explains the three second rule. "If it drops on the floor and you retrieve it in under three seconds, its still OK to eat." :D

:previous: Off topic, but I do wonder. If it is the thing to show up 10-15 minutes after the event start time and it is another the thing to call 2 minutes in advance of every minute that you will be late, does everyone call the hostess 30 minutes before the start of the party and explain that they will be fashionable?

I think this would make a smashing Math and Ethics question for 6th graders! :lol:

Hmm... I feel like if it's the thing to show up 10-15 minutes late, then it's fair to assume that no party actually starts until 10-15 minutes after the official event start time. Therefore, unless you're going to be more than 10-15 minutes late you shouldn't have to pre-warn the host.

The real question is, if you're supposed to call 2 minutes in advance of every minute you're going to be late, and you're going to be 20 minutes later than the official start time, do you call 40 minutes ahead of the start time, 10 minutes ahead of the start time, or 5 minutes after the start time?

:previous: It could be offered in the same textbook that explains the three second rule. "If it drops on the floor and you retrieve it in under three seconds, its still OK to eat." :D

That should be an entire chapter. There's the basic "it's okay if you retrieve it under three seconds", but then the added dynamics of if it's your home, vs. someone else's home, hardwood/laminate vs. carpet, solid vs. soft or runnier food... and that's without considering how it applies to small children - the younger a person is, the longer you have. Three seconds for an adult, five for a teenager... I believe for toddlers/pre-schoolers the limit is "if you find the food before the dog finds the food, regardless of how old it is, it's still good unless an adult stops you from eating it."

What should also be discussed is the rules for double dipping.

Back
Top Bottom