Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I must say its my favorite BRF Christmas card this year :flowers:

Not festive but none of them were. But they were not just pics from an event, or standing infront of a white background. There is real personality and character, and a great background. Even Andrew looks great. Would have loved one with him joining in the myrth with the girls, but it kind of feels like his amusement in his photo, is because he is sitting watching them.

Perhaps Andrew, himself, took those photos of the girls. I think I remember reading somewhere that Andrew likes to dabble in photography.

Perhaps Andrew, himself, took those photos of the girls. I think I remember reading somewhere that Andrew likes to dabble in photography.

Yes, he is said to have quite a love for it. I guess one of the girls could have taken his photo. More I look, more I like. It really does give the feeling of dad sitting at his desk laughing at the antics of his daughters ?

He actually released a book, looks in the 80's. There is a photographic award in Canada still running in 2017, that was founded as a wedding gift to Andrew and Fergie (still named after both even divorced)

https://www.amazon.ca/Prince-Andrew-Photographs-Hrh/dp/0241116449

I like those pictures!

Andrew taking his tie off is a tad disconcerting, but I'll get over it. ?

Andrew was a very good photographer in the past so no need to think he isn't still.

In 2002 The Queen had 50 pictures of herself taken over the 50 years of her reign as the 'special' display at Windsor Castle. There were one or two taken by Andrew included and they were amongst my favourites.

The York Christmas card is lovely.

The photos of Beatrice and Eugenie could have been taken the day of the Patron's Lunch as they're wearing the same outfits and the top right photograph appears to be taken from the interior balcony at Buckingham Palace.

The photograph of Andrew is easily one of the best photographs of him in years.

And for all we know, it's Sarah behind the lens...they once had a card that said "photographs by Mum" on the back.

This is odd I wrote to the York family and PH once for Christmas, I got two Christmas cards from the York family and a Christmas card and engagement card from Prince Harry's staff, though I shouldn't complain I love extras better than being forgotten

Hello, I have a question

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong sub for this question but I wanted to know, is there any possible way of sending a letter to the Romanian family? I'd like to send my condolences. .

The late kings daughter and son in law are still residing at the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest.

Princess Eugenie Engagement Letter Reply

Pic1 Pic2 Pic3

The inside of the card features a lovely hand-written note by Princess Eugenie that has been printed on the card. The signatures are also printed on. I think a printed on, hand-written note is a really lovely way of giving a very personal reply when you can't actually personally reply to everyone.

The monogram is engraved (indented), which is interesting. The other British royals normally use an embossed (raised) monogram.

Last edited:
So they would respond?

I have only ever received replies from the Romanian Royal House in reply to my letters of condolence on the death of King Michael and Queen Anne despite also writing for a few birthdays and Christmas over the years.

While possibly a long shot, does anybody have the addresses for both Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (nee Luxembourg) and Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria (again, nee Luxembourg)?

Why not writing to the royal court of Luxemburg?

Maréchalat de la Cour
Palais Grand-ducal
17, rue du Marche-aux-herbes
L-1728 Luxemburg
Luxemburg

I figured they would have their own offices outside of the Cour, and in the case of Princess Margaretha, an office perhaps outside of the Furstenhaus.

How can I get Their Majesties' autographs?

Hello to each and every one of you. My name is Kallia, I'm a royalist and I'm from Greece. I love books and everything royalty. I'm also a royal autograph collector for some years now and I'm pretty proud of my collection so far. But there's always something I would like to add, and that's the reason I'm writing this message to all of you.

For a long time now, I've been fascinated by Their Majesties King Harald V and Queen Sonja's marriage. I happen to always prefer personalities to politics. I was very happy to see them celebrate their golden wedding anniversary. I would be more than glad to have their autographs, but I have no idea how to obtain them.

First of all, I don't know if the Norwegian Royal Family sign autographs or even send out signed Christmas Cards like other royals around Europe do. Secondly, I don't know if I should write a letter or an email. And I don't know how to ask for their signatures. They must think that I have no idea of the royal protocol. :bang: :sad:

So, I would like to ask you for your precious help and information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would owe you if you could suggest me a solution to my problem!

Thank you guys! :flowers:

Best wishes,
Kallia

How can I get the Duke of Edinburgh's autograph?

Hello to everyone! I'm Kallia and I'm a Greek royalist of 17 years of age. I am a Prince Philip enthusiast ever since I first read about him on the web, and I've read many books about his life and marriage with the Queen. As Prince William once put it, the Duke is an absolute legend and I love him and his wit very much. Then again, I've watched Netflix's The Crown and I'm even more fascinated by the royal couple!

I am a royal autograph collector for some years now and I have a pretty lovely collection, but it would be to my absolute happiness if I could add Prince Philip's autograph in it. I know that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II never signs autographs, except for Christmas cards to friends and relatives. But I was hoping that I could get Prince Philip's signature on a photo or in a letter. I've seen some signed portraits and signed letters to commoners on eBay and other sites, but due to financial problems I sadly can't afford to buy anything. The Duke is very old by now, I know, so it might get very diffucult or impossible to get his autograph. I really want it, though.

This is why I would like to ask for your precious advice. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out. I was thinking to write to one of his secretaries, but I have no contact info for any of them. It would be impossible to get an autograph from the Duke if I sent him a letter. They most likely ignore it and send out the usual letter. So if anyone of you guys has any idea on how to get this very valuable autograph, let me know.

Thank you all and I hope you can help me!

Best wishes,
Kallia

Congratulations on your first post, Kalia_greek_royal ?

Well, in my firm opinion, the best chance you have for getting an autograph from the Norwegian Regent Couple would be to find them on auctions somewhere.
Even if you write the most polite request imaginable the chances of getting an autograph is almost nil.
You will have to write to them about a subject they for whatever reason will respond to personally. I.e. some sort of official dealing with them and on either a pretty personal level or a pretty high official level.

Having said that, a personal letter will always be appreciated and you are certain to get a response after a while, but almost certainly from a secretary.

And in writing a letter, the best approach will be to simply write a friendly and polite letter. No need to be too formal, but neither too personal. They won't burn your letter or send a gunboat to get you, if you don't get the titles right, as long as you are otherwise friendly and polite.
Imagine you are a stranger who is writing a friendly letter to your grandparents and you pretty much get the idea. If it's a letter they will be pleased to receive and you find it polite and respectful, then you have it. ?

Which royal families are known to sign autographs?

From my collecting experience, as well as from other fellow royal collectors too, I know that the Spanish Royal Family usually sedns out signed photographs, and the same goes about the Grimaldis of Monaco. Some former royals also do that. I was wondering if there are any other royal families which are know to sign autographs or send signed photos. If anyone has the information, let me know. Thank you!

Contact info for royal offices

Does anyone have any email addresses for the following?

1. Edward Young, Private Secretary to HM the Queen
2. Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell, Private Secretary to HRH the Duke of Edinburgh
3. Any of the Private Secretaries to HRH the Duke of Sussex

If by any luck you happen to know an email address for at least one of the requested persons, please send me a message or an email at

Many thanks and my very best wishes to you all,
Kallia

Last edited by a moderator:
Those email addresses will not be public knowledge.

I hope someone can help me with an adress. In Oct Prince Jean Christophe Napoleon is getting married to Countess Olympia, and I really want to send them a card. I have been looking everywhere for an adress, but no luck so far. Anybody here who has it? I would be forever grateful. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom