Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone the postal adress of the House of Tuscany? Thank you!

I mean this family but I need the postal adress, not the e-mail-adress.

Has anyone ever got a personal reply from HM or the duke and the duchess of Cambridge?

Has anyone ever got a personal reply from HM or the duke and the duchess of Cambridge?

Yes I have. I sent her a Birth Card last year to the Queen and got a reply about 5 or 6 weeks later. I shared the letter in another thread back then.

Hello
If I send a letter to TRH the duke and the duchess of Cambridge to their home in Anmer, Norfolk would they get it?

Hello
If I send a letter to TRH the duke and the duchess of Cambridge to their home in Anmer, Norfolk would they get it?

Hello

Anmer Hall is Their Royal Highness's private country residence. You can contact them through Clarence House-

Clarence House
London SW1A 1BA

Anmer Hall is Their Royal Highness's private country residence. You can contact them through Clarence House-

Clarence House

London SW1A 1BA

Why Clarence House? Their official offices are at Kensington. I would write there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Hello

You'd do better to send it through their staff- I would write to their official offices at Kensington Palace

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank you so much for your answers :)
Does anyone know if , the gifts sent are really given to the Duchess and/or the Duke when gifts are sent to them?
I am a bit new to sending letters to royals so can someone please explain to me how it works? Do the royals get to read the letters and then choose those they would like to reply to?
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Can you still write to them using the address for Sandringham or Anmer Hall? Just write their names down and either they would save it for when they visited or will forward it to the right place. Or would it be mark suspicious and thrown out?

I sent the Queen Birthday Card to Windsor Castle.

It would be best to send a letter or card to the official address, otherwise there will be a delay in it getting to the right place for a response. Remember that Sandringham and Anmer Hall are private residences and I imagine that any letters received would be forwarded on to the official residence where they can be properly dealt with and a response sent out.

Maximafan - in a documentary about the Queen a few years ago, I seem to remember that her ladies-in-waiting go through all her correspondence and choose a broad selection for her to read personally. A simple birthday card may get a standard pre-printed/drafted response signed by a lady-in-waiting. A more personal letter with a particularly unusual or interesting subject matter may receive a longer response - again signed off by a lady-in-waiting. Whether this is the same with all the royals, I am not sure.

With regard to gifts, the royal in question will be told about the gift and may even be shown the gift, but out of all the thousands of gifts they receive, it is unlikely they will use them. Again, a response is likely, signed off by an equerry.

My advice is not to spend a fortune on a present, just something simple and potentially useful.

ELIZABETH THE SECOND,
By the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

To Her Majesty
BEATRIX,
By the Grace of God, Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Etc., Etc., Etc.

Sendeth Greeting!

Your Majesty, Madam, Our beloved Sister!

Being desirious of making provision for the representation in Your Majesty's Realms of the interests of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, We have made choice of Our Trusty and Well-beloved Dame Rosemary Jane Spencer, CMG, to reside with Your Majesty in the character of Our Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The experience which We have had of Dame Rosemary Jane Spencer's talents and zeal for Our service assures Us that the selection We have made will be perfectly agreeable to Your Majesty; and that she will discharge the duties of her Mission in such a manner as to merit Your Majesty's approbation and esteem, and to prove herself worthy of this new mark of Our confidence.

[etc.]

:flowers:

I quoted this, because I am a bit confused. Not a response at the post. I just needed to quote it to read it better. approbation means praise, then plentipotentiary, means diplomat. desirous means desire, provision means provide. So the letter says DRJ Spencer wants diplomatic immunity? Diplomatic Immunity? I don't know. I am sorry. lol. Oh she had or has that there. What a fantastic letter. They write really eloquently over there. BBC says she is in the Order St. Michael and St. George, this Dame Rosemary Jane, CMG H.M. Ambassador, The Hague. What is that? What an interesting letter, I appreciate the sharing of it. Reside with? Reside with how? Oh Netherlands, lots of art there. Great letter. Zeal? Means enthusiasm. I am confused to the point of feeling quite comical about this letter. Thanks again for sharing. She must be supporting prosperity. When was that written?

Last edited:
its the thought that counts... obviously u dont realise what christmas is about

what a reminder, 8 more months to go, for you. I hope you have a nice happy festive whatever holiday you celebrate and stay safe, healthy and nice.

Found this thank you card from Sofia and Carl Philip on Instagram Instagram
Apologies for quoting, but I need it for reference to learn a moment. Sofia and Carl Philip who are they? Says she is an er*t!c glamor model and he is duke of varmland. What is varmland? Oh it's a where, says, in it's Sweden. What a nice card. The card thanks someone.

I quoted this, because I am a bit confused. Not a response at the post. I just needed to quote it to read it better. approbation means praise, then plentipotentiary, means diplomat. desirous means desire, provision means provide. So the letter says DRJ Spencer wants diplomatic immunity? Diplomatic Immunity? I don't know. I am sorry. lol. Oh she had or has that there. What a fantastic letter. They write really eloquently over there. BBC says she is in the Order St. Michael and St. George, this Dame Rosemary Jane, CMG H.M. Ambassador, The Hague. What is that? What an interesting letter, I appreciate the sharing of it. Reside with? Reside with how? Oh Netherlands, lots of art there. Great letter. Zeal? Means enthusiasm. I am confused to the point of feeling quite comical about this letter. Thanks again for sharing. She must be supporting prosperity. When was that written?

The letter is a kind of reference letter/letter of introduction that one employer might give to another. As you know, most countries have an ambassador in most other countries and this letter talks about Britain's ambassador to the Netherlands. Dame Rosemary will have gone over to the Netherlands to start work as Britain's ambassador and the first thing she will do is meet the Netherlands' head of state -in this instance Queen Beatrix- and will have taken along the letter to give to her - sort of hello, I'm the new British Ambassador and here's the letter to prove it.

The letter is, of course, written in a very formal, ancient way, but it basically says the following:

From Queen Elizabeth

To Queen Beatrix

Greetings friend!

Because I want to have an ambassador in your country in order to represent my country's interests in your country, I have chosen Dame Rosemary Jane Spencer (she is trustworthy and we like her a lot) to come and live in the Netherlands as my special Ambassador and diplomat.

Dame Rosemary has shown great talent and zeal and so I am quite sure that choosing her will be agreeable to you and she will work so well that you will think she is just a good as I do.

I sent a gushy letter and an antique Book of Common Prayer to Queen Fabiola and got a lovely letter from her Secretariat. She was such a lovely lady. I was hoping she'd sign it, but I knew it was slim. From what was said I got a strong feeling that she really read my letter as she spoke of specifics.

Does anyone know addresses for writing to the following individuals?

Duke Franz of Bavaria
Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
Prince Karl von Habsburg

Hi Riley
When I got a reply from Georg Friedrich of Prussia's office, it came from:
Generalverwaltung des vormals regierenden Preussischen Koenigshauses
Tristanstrasse 17D
D-14109 Berlin
(and this can be seen on a photo I posted previously)
I didn't write to that address though, I originally wrote to Hohenzollern Castle and I also sent an e-mail to them (berlin@preussen.de) but seeing as the reply came from Tristanstrasse, it would make sense to write to that address.

For Franz of Bavaria, I wrote to Schloss Nymphenburg and this is where the reply came from as well. The full address that came with the reply can be seen in a photo posted previously.

I have had no luck with the Habsburgs...

That adress is a (office-) villa in a green neighbourhood bordering the Wannsee lake. A few villas furtherer, Tristanstrasse 8-10 was the house of the three brothers Schenk, Counts von Stauffenberg (famous for the plot to assasinate Hitler).

Thank you so much, ff462. I really appreciate your help with this :) I'll have another look at your photos and see if I have any luck

I sent a letter to a british royal yesterday... I only realize now that I wrote my own address only on the envelope... do you think they will manage to sent me a reply back?

I sent a letter to a british royal yesterday... I only realize now that I wrote my own address only on the envelope... do you think they will manage to sent me a reply back?

So you put just their name on the front of the envelope and yours on the back right? Provided they actually receive the letter, you should get a reply as usual.

I am not sure what the postal service is like in Italy, but here in the UK, they are pretty good at delivering letters without the full address - it may take longer to deliver but it's happens quite a lot.

So you put just their name on the front of the envelope and yours on the back right? Provided they actually receive the letter, you should get a reply as usual.

I am not sure what the postal service is like in Italy, but here in the UK, they are pretty good at delivering letters without the full address - it may take longer to deliver but it's happens quite a lot.

No, I wrote the address of Clarence House on the back as usual and I added also mine... It italy the sender's address has to be written on the back of the envelope, on the top left... But I read is some blogs that it is better to write my address on the inside of the letter, again...

In italy the service is quite awful, but it works better for foreign post... For example, when I sent a letter to the dutch royals, I got the reply back after 3 weeks... Thanks for asking:flowers:

It took quite a long time for me to get a response from Fabiola's group. Something like two or three months.

Has anyone ever got an answer from the swedish royals? :)

Yes, I got cards from Victoria and Daniel, Madeleine, Madeleine and Christopher, Christopher, and of course from Carl Philip and Sofia.

Me i got card from then princes now kings of Belgians Philip nad Mathilde.

Back
Top Bottom