Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wrote to HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein asking if he would autograph and personalize my copy of his book. I got an email back from one of the secretary's saying that I would hear back by mid-August. I received an email back about 10 days later from his personal secretary saying he would be delighted to sign it for me and sent it on it's way to Vaduz.

Very cool... Will post pictures of it when I get it back here.

I wrote to HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein asking if he would autograph and personalize my copy of his book. I got an email back from one of the secretary's saying that I would hear back by mid-August. I received an email back about 10 days later from his personal secretary saying he would be delighted to sign it for me and sent it on it's way to Vaduz.

Now *that* is going to be one very special keepsake!! Lucky you!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

This morning I got my letter from Queen Maxima:ROFLMAO:

It did take only 3 weeks to have a reply...

I had espressed my admiration for her and my condoloences for the tragic plane's shot down..

I also asked if there might be a trip to italy but her secretary wrote that unfortunately no journey to my country is planned for the foreseen future...

How can I attached the photo of the letter?
Thanks

:previous: I'm glad you got a reply in the end. When you're about to post your photo/comment, there should be a little paperclip next to the smiley face icon. That will bring you too something that looks like the photo below, which will give you the option of attaching your chosen image :flowers::

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 561
:previous: I'm glad you got a reply in the end. When you're about to post your photo/comment, there should be a little paperclip next to the smiley face icon. That will bring you too something that looks like the photo below, which will give you the option of attaching your chosen image :flowers::
thank you very much hereditary princess :flowers:
I hope to manage to attach it tomorrow

Kungliga Slottet 111 30 Stockholm Sweden
is this the right adress to send a letter for a mamber of the swedish royal family?

This is an example of a letter sent by Princess Máxima. Note that members of the Dutch Royal House rarely write a letter by themselves. They have a professional Secretary with dozens of people working for them. The picture shows a copy-of-a-copy, so the Arms (which is printed in relief on the original paper and does not copy well) is not visible.

Picture: http://www.anneliesvanderham.nl/briefmaxima.jpg
This picture shows the Arms in relief better: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NzQn-4akg...L4/O0hmm_WdI4g/s1600/breif+van+Maxima+001.jpg

Translation:

Most Esteemed Mrs,

On request of Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands I hereby express a most heartfelt gratitude for the beautiful dolls' house "Het Kleine Loo" that You have handed to her last november 23rd.

Princess Máxima and her daughters are most pleased with this showpiece, which will be carefully preserved for many generations to come. The Princess would, via Your intervention, like to thank all people whom have spend so much time in the creation of this dolls' house. She has a lot of appreciation for the craftmanship and dedication which has been shown by all.

On behalf of Princess Máxima I wish You all the best for Your personal wellbeing.

With feelings of most high esteem,

[signed]

Mrs Y. van Eechoud LL.M.
Deputy private secretary of His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands

Last edited:
This is an example of a letter sent by Princess Máxima. Note that members of the Dutch Royal House rarely write a letter by themselves. They have a professional Secretary with dozens of people working for them. The picture shows a copy-of-a-copy, so the Arms (which is printed in relief on the original paper and does not copy well) is not visible.

Translation:

Most Esteemed Mrs,

On request of Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands I hereby express a most heartfelt gratitude for the beautiful dolls' house "Het Kleine Loo" that You have handed to her last november 23rd.

Princess Máxima and her daughters are most pleased with this showpiece, which will be carefully preserved for many generations to come. The Princess would like, via Your intervention, to thank all people whom have spend so much time in the creation of this dolls' house. She has a lot of appreciation for the craftmanship and dedication which has been shown by all.

On behalf of Princess Máxima I wish You all the best for Your personal wellbeing.

With feelings of the most high esteem,

[signed]

Mrs Y. van Eechoud LL.M.
Deputy private secretary of His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands

the letter I got is quite similar:flowers:

I just got a letter from the Duchess of Cornwall. We had to sign for it to be delivered!

Over the last couple of decades I built up quite a collection of royal letters. Reigning families tended to send form letters, while non-reigning families could be a little more personal. Often there were photos, prayer cards from a funeral, or information booklets and the like. I always loved the excitement of receiving a reply and the fun of opening the letter.

About three years ago, I was bashed and had to have surgery to fix a fractured eye socket. I was put on Valium (diazepam) for a few weeks, and told to keep busy. I didn’t think the Valium was doing anything, as I felt no obvious effects. But it must have brought to the fore my tendency towards obsessive neatness and asceticism (for want of a better word). So for about two weeks I went through every room and threw out all sorts of things; clothes, CDs, DVDs, kitchenware etc., etc. I also ditched my entire collection of royal correspondence. With the letters went a couple of dozen royal books, about 50 special issues of Point de Vue from the last 30 years, and over 200 assorted royal postcards. I just wanted these “things” to disappear, which is why they went straight into the rubbish. I remember looking through the letters and thinking something like “they’re just bits of paper”, but I can’t remember actually putting them in the bin. In fact I can’t really remember much about those two weeks. I don’t particularly mind now; after all, they really were just bits of paper. I also put things in odd places, and a few moths later found my passport in the freezer!

The letters included replies from: The Queen; Queen Elisabeth, The Queen Mother; The Prince of Wales; The Princess Royal; Princess Margaret; The Duchess of Kent; The Duke of Gloucester; The Queen of Denmark; The King of Sweden; The King of Norway; The King of Spain; The King of the Belgians; Princess Juliana of the Netherlands; Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg; Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein; Prince Rainier of Monaco; Empress Zita of Austria; Archduke Otto of Austria; King Simeon II of the Bulgarians; King Michael of Romania; Princess Margarita of Romania; The Count of Paris; The Prince Napoleon; Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia; Grand Duke Vladimir Kirilovich of Russia; Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia; Duke Franz of Bavaria; Duke Carl of Wurttemberg; Landgrave Moritz of Hesse; Prince Ernst August of Hannover; and probably some others I can’t remember. All gone. Oh well, never mind.

Writing letters to the Liechtenstein family is so cool! I'm so excited to see the pictures!

The letters included replies from: The Queen; Queen Elisabeth, The Queen Mother; The Prince of Wales; The Princess Royal; Princess Margaret; The Duchess of Kent; The Duke of Gloucester; The Queen of Denmark; The King of Sweden; The King of Norway; The King of Spain; The King of the Belgians; Princess Juliana of the Netherlands; Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg; Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein; Prince Rainier of Monaco; Empress Zita of Austria; Archduke Otto of Austria; King Simeon II of the Bulgarians; King Michael of Romania; Princess Margarita of Romania; The Count of Paris; The Prince Napoleon; Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia; Grand Duke Vladimir Kirilovich of Russia; Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia; Duke Franz of Bavaria; Duke Carl of Wurttemberg; Landgrave Moritz of Hesse; Prince Ernst August of Hannover; and probably some others I can’t remember. All gone. Oh well, never mind.

Can I ask how you received a reply from King Michael of Romania? I'm in the process of drafting a letter to him. I was wondering if I should send it to Bucharest or to his home in Switzerland.

Can I ask how you received a reply from King Michael of Romania? I'm in the process of drafting a letter to him. I was wondering if I should send it to Bucharest or to his home in Switzerland.

I would be very interested to know about this as well.

This picture shows the Arms in relief better: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NzQn-4akg...L4/O0hmm_WdI4g/s1600/breif+van+Maxima+001.jpg

Translation:

Most Esteemed Mrs,

Princess Máxima and her daughters are most pleased with this showpiece, which will be carefully preserved for many generations to come. The Princess would, via Your intervention, like to thank all people whom have spend so much time in the creation of this dolls' house. She has a lot of appreciation for the craftmanship and dedication which has been shown by all.

With feelings of most high esteem,

[signed]

Mrs Y. van Eechoud LL.M.

It is interesting that a lot of "overqualified" people work at the Court. To prevent an "us-knows-us" incrowd culture, officials at the Dutch Court are detached into the service of the King and/or Queen for a limited period. This Mrs Van Eechoud, thanking for a puppet doll house, studied European Studies and is now the Ambassador of His Majesty The King in Qatar... Apparently it helps when you have on your curriculum vitae that you have worked into the service of the Royal House...
:flowers:

NL Ambassador Qatar @YvettevEechoud 2.589 volgers Yvette van Eechoud | NRC Handelsblad | dinsdag 14 januari 2014

To illustrate how "overqualified" the private secretaries are: this Mrs Yvette Eechoud LL.M. was succeeded as Private Secretary by Mrs Dr Bahia Tahzib Lie LL.M. who is, since February, a special envoy of the Foreign Secretary at the UN in New York. The present Private Secretary is Mrs Gabriella Sancisi LL.M. who studied Law in Leyden and Italian Language and Literature in Bologna. Before her appointment as Private Secretary she was deputy of His Majesty's ambassador in Croatia...

I think that on her turn it are not these ladies themselves who write the letters to us, to thank for our well-wishes, our gifts and answer our questions. I think under them there are a couple of "normal" secretaries but that these ladies do sign these letters but have not written them. I see that those Private Secretaries of the King make around € 140.000,-- (around US $ 185,000.--).... which is quite well-paid for handling the King's post....

Last edited:
I sent my letter to King Michael to his home in Switzerland, as that was the only address I had. In those days before the internet it was difficult to find out where non-reigning families lived. For Christmas in 1984 I received a copy of Bourke's Royal Families of the World: Europe and Latin America. It was published in 1977 and included addresses for the heads of most of the non-reigning families. Over the following years I wrote to all the reigning families and most of the non-reigning families as well.

One of my favourite replies was from the late Grand Duke Vladimir of Russia; he sent a nice letter and a signed book of photographs of the Imperial Family's life in exile. It was in Russian and, I think, was called Our Dynasty. In the 1990s I moved around a lot, living in Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, and Sydney, and somewhere along the way the book went missing. But I have great memories of it, and always think fondly of the Grand Duke and his generosity.

Another memorable letter came from the Duke of Gloucester's private secretary. I had written to the Duke, and when a couple of months passed by without a reply, I assumed there would not be one. Over a year later, out of the blue, a letter arrived from Kensington Palace. The Duke's Private Secretary very apologetically explained to me that the Duke had only just found my letter, caught up in a pile of papers at the back of his desk. He said that both he and the Duke were very sorry for the delay!

Got home from work today and something was in the mail... :)

Attachments

• IMG_9256.jpg
    IMG_9256.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_9258.jpg
    IMG_9258.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
I sent my letter to King Michael to his home in Switzerland, as that was the only address I had. In those days before the internet it was difficult to find out where non-reigning families lived. For Christmas in 1984 I received a copy of Bourke's Royal Families of the World: Europe and Latin America. It was published in 1977 and included addresses for the heads of most of the non-reigning families. Over the following years I wrote to all the reigning families and most of the non-reigning families as well.

I must get that book!

Got home from work today and something was in the mail... :)

That's so nice of him to do that, I don't think any other monarch would have done that. It was really quick too!

I'd like to write to queen letizia...Anyone has the address?

Children thrilled with postcard replies from Queen and Kate Middleton | UK | News | Daily Express
Three children were shocked when they received replies from the Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge after sending postcards from their holiday.

Maia Reid, eight, and twin brothers Alex and Finlay, six, were on holiday in Italy when they decided to write home to the royals.

Maia sent a postcard to the Queen while her brothers addressed theirs to third in line to the throne, Prince George.

The children from Catherington, Hants, were delighted when they returned home and the royal replies came through the post.

The twins received a souvenir photograph of the little prince with mum and dad, Kate and William, while Maia heard from Her Majesty.

Maia, said: "I was in Italy and I wrote a postcard to the Queen.

"When I was at home Alex got a letter first and then Finlay got one. I was waiting for my letter and I thought it wouldn't come.

"And then one day I came home from school and there was a letter so I opened it and it was from the Queen. I feel very special."

Sorry to keep asking: I'm going to write to the Queen and I wanted to know if i wiould be told off should I ask for a photo with a signature....

:previous: I hardly think you would get a signature from one of the royals – at least not from the Danish royals, I think it's been commented on before in Denmark. IIRC that is not something they do, mainly for security reasons but also because they're royals not celebrities. At the best, you'll probably get a nice letter from one of their secretaries thanking you for your letter on their behalf – perhaps with a picture of whichever royal you write to.

:previous: Thanks.... I might ask for a photo then...

Do yuo happen to know the address for Queen Letizia?

I am searching of a postal adress of the House of Parma. Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Got a reply from Queen Elizabeth's lady-in-waiting a few days ago, thanking me for a Christmas card I sent her. It came from Sandringham House - it's nice to know that the letter was actually sent to her (even if she didn't read it), they still make the effort for the mail to be sent to her wherever she is (as she spends Christmas at Sandringham).

Back
Top Bottom