Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi ff462,have you ever contacted either of the sisters of the King of Spain?

No I'm afraid I haven't. Would the Zarzuela address not work for them?

ff462, you seem to have been very successful in your contacts with the royal families, congrats!

Cheers carlota!

A response from 50A ch. du Vieux-Vesenaz, CH-1222 Vesenaz GE arrived today. I sent a letter to Emmanuele Filiberto and Clotilde. I can't remember whether I asked for a photo but I got one anyway! It's nice that it's personalised (the white square is where I covered my name).

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 328
  • SCAN0002.jpg
    SCAN0002.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 244
I sent the letters well over a year ago.
Emails were sent after the Act of Reconciliation.

No I'm afraid I haven't. Would the Zarzuela address not work for them?

No I don't think so as far as I'm aware that's only for post for the King/Queen,Prince/Princess/children & Infantas Elena/Cristina.

If not, perhaps it's worth contacting them through any organisations they're involved in. For example, Infanta Margarita created the Fundación Cultural Duques de Soria and the address for that is:

Convento de la Merced.
C/ Santo Tomé, 6
42004 Soria

If not, perhaps it's worth contacting them through any organisations they're involved in. For example, Infanta Margarita created the Fundación Cultural Duques de Soria and the address for that is:

Convento de la Merced.
C/ Santo Tomé, 6
42004 Soria

Thanks,had forgotten about the Duques de Soria foundation!

Does either have a Facebook or Twitter presence?

I was promised photos! I sent a letter to King Constantine at his Athens Office quite a while ago and I had almost given up hope of receiving a reply. So, of course, when an envelope arrived from Greece today I was very excited. In the letter it was also written: ''Please find enclosed official portraits and family pictures of Their Majesties''. However, to my disappointment, there were no photos. I am happy to receive a reply but to be told that you will receive photos and then find there are no photos is rather heart breaking. I will have to e-mail the office.

Also, just as a general note - it has been written in this thread before that the address for King Constantine is 4 Linnell Drive in Hampstead. Since then, though, he has sold the house and moved to Greece, so don't use that address.

The other letter that arrived in the post was from Luxembourg in an amazingly high quality envelope, as a reply to a letter I sent a couple of weeks ago. I did send a letter to Luxembourg in January but didn't get a reply which suggests it got lost. At the same time I sent a letter to Norway and I didn't get a reply either :ermm:

Attachments

• SCAN0005.jpg
    SCAN0005.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 258
  • SCAN0004.jpg
    SCAN0004.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 290
  • SCAN0003.jpg
    SCAN0003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 317
Finally got a reply from Sweden, which is wonderful because I'm part Swedish. I wrote to CP Victoria in February congratulating her on her name day in March (early, I know but I wanted to make sure it arrived before then). I also wrote about myself and my own experiences in Sweden and when my grandfather met the King etc. In March it was also my Swedish grandmother (who loves the monarchy)'s birthday so I asked if they could send her some birthday wishes.

This is the first reply, I am sorry to say, where there were mistakes in the letter. Victoria was referred to as HHH rather than HRH and my grandmother was later referred to as my 'friend' (?). The picture is great though - I didn't even ask for it.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 356
  • SCAN0002.jpg
    SCAN0002.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 298
I was promised photos! I sent a letter to King Constantine at his Athens Office quite a while ago and I had almost given up hope of receiving a reply. So, of course, when an envelope arrived from Greece today I was very excited. In the letter it was also written: ''Please find enclosed official portraits and family pictures of Their Majesties''. However, to my disappointment, there were no photos. I am happy to receive a reply but to be told that you will receive photos and then find there are no photos is rather heart breaking. I will have to e-mail the office.

Also, just as a general note - it has been written in this thread before that the address for King Constantine is 4 Linnell Drive in Hampstead. Since then, though, he has sold the house and moved to Greece, so don't use that address.

The other letter that arrived in the post was from Luxembourg in an amazingly high quality envelope, as a reply to a letter I sent a couple of weeks ago. I did send a letter to Luxembourg in January but didn't get a reply which suggests it got lost. At the same time I sent a letter to Norway and I didn't get a reply either :ermm:

I am a bit suprised you havn't got a reply fron the Norwegian Royal Family, as they are very good at replying.

I am a bit suprised you havn't got a reply fron the Norwegian Royal Family, as they are very good at replying.

Yes, well I sent a birthday card to the king so I thought that might get a reply. But like I say, it must have been lost... I'll have to try again sometime; Norway is now the only monarchy in Europe which I don't have a letter from.

Finally got a reply from Sweden, which is wonderful because I'm part Swedish. I wrote to CP Victoria in February congratulating her on her name day in March (early, I know but I wanted to make sure it arrived before then). I also wrote about myself and my own experiences in Sweden and when my grandfather met the King etc. In March it was also my Swedish grandmother (who loves the monarchy)'s birthday so I asked if they could send her some birthday wishes.

This is the first reply, I am sorry to say, where there were mistakes in the letter. Victoria was referred to as HHH rather than HRH and my grandmother was later referred to as my 'friend' (?). The picture is great though - I didn't even ask for it.

How nice of them to send you a photo,do they normally do that?

Reply from Bulgaria and the Vatican arrived today. Sent a letter to the Vatican City but the reply came the Apostolic Nunciature in London. Once again, I'm pleased :)

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 235
  • SCAN002.jpg
    SCAN002.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 274
  • SCAN0003.jpg
    SCAN0003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 319
What a lovely photo of Pope Francis!

Yeah, it's a good photo. His coat of arms is on the back of the photo as well which I loved because I'm a fan of heraldry. I can't tell whether the Pope actually signed it - I can't imagine him having time to sit around signing photos...

Serbian mail came today. I would love to be able to say that this was a personal reply but if I'm honest, the signature looks very much like it has been printed onto the page. Still - I suppose it's still possible that Alexander replied personally to my letter even if he didn't sign it. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 334
  • SCAN0002.jpg
    SCAN0002.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 331
My letter to the Sultan of Oman was returned. On the envelope is a stamp with a selection of boxes to tick for reasons why my letter was undelivered (written in both Arabic and English) and the box that was ticked was 'refused'. The Sultan refused my letter :cry:

The address I used was:
His Majesty The Sultan of Oman
Diwan of the Royal Court
Royal Palace of Muscat
P.O. Box 632
Muscat P.C. 100
Sultanate of Oman

I'm so glad I got some royal mail today, it's been ages since the last one came. It was a massive envelope and it was from none other than Empress Farah Pahlavi again!

You can see that I had written on this forum in January that I had sent a letter to her New York office. I got a reply from her New York office, then the next week I got a personal reply from France. And now, I suppose, they've only got round to sending the photo which I requested in my original letter.

The return address was:
Mme Fay Nicole
83 Quay d'Orsay
75007 Paris

It's really very special, the autograph was even personalised.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 291
Serbian mail came today. I would love to be able to say that this was a personal reply but if I'm honest, the signature looks very much like it has been printed onto the page. Still - I suppose it's still possible that Alexander replied personally to my letter even if he didn't sign it. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

That's wonderful.

I noticed that there was a large United Kingdom stamp and the mail stamp was from Serbia.

Does anyone know what the large United Kingdom stamp on the envelope and letter were?

Sorry, the picture is a bit misleading. I've edited out my address but left United Kingdom in, so basically, it's not a stamp, it's part of my address.

Silly question: must I write in english to every royal family? Or do they accept also letters on other languages?

Hello everyone.
I've been thinking about writing a letter either to HM Queen Elizabeth II, or to Prince William. The only problem is that I don't know what I could talk about in the letter. I'm a devoted monarchist and love the monarchy. I love that PW [Prince William] is happy with a wife and Prince George, who is very adorable!

I follow @BritishMonarchy on Twitter and love finding out what the royals are up to.
I would be extremely pleased to meet either PW or The Queen, although some have told me it is uncommon.

One thing I forgot to say--I'd love to write a letter to HSH Prince Albert of Monaco as well. I'm also a huge Grace Kelly fan, and a supporter of the Monegasque Royal Family. Although I don't follow the MRF's doings like I do with the BRF, I'm still a supporter of the Monegasque royals.
Plus--I'm 17!

Silly question: must I write in english to every royal family? Or do they accept also letters on other languages?

I've only ever written in English. The only place I got a reply that wasn't in English was from the Spanish royal family. If you write in the language that they speak then I'm sure they would appreciate it though.

Hello everyone.
I've been thinking about writing a letter either to HM Queen Elizabeth II, or to Prince William. The only problem is that I don't know what I could talk about in the letter.

Maybe if you don't know what to say then wait until it's their birthday or some other special event so you can congratulate them. Otherwise you could just tell them that you wish them well and tell them a bit about yourself maybe (I told Buckingham Palace that recently it was my birthday and they congratulated me).

I'd love to write a letter to HSH Prince Albert of Monaco as well. I'm also a huge Grace Kelly fan, and a supporter of the Monegasque Royal Family. Although I don't follow the MRF's doings like I do with the BRF, I'm still a supporter of the Monegasque royals.

You can write to the Monegasque princely (not royal!) family at:
Palais du Prince
2 Boulevard des Moulins
98015 Monte Carlo
Monaco

I got a personal letter from Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall today. I did write a condolence letter to her, following the sudden death of here brother Mark Shand.

Back
Top Bottom