Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
suturegeisha said:
Neat thread! I never saw it before.
I sent Prince Felix of Luxembourg a birthday card back in June, and I got a card back from the Palace. It was computer-written and had no signature on it, so I'm not sure that my card even reached him [probably intercepted by a secretary]. Anyhow, attached are some poor-quality scans of the card I received thanking me [my scanner sucks]. Note- HUGE files. Sorry.

Oh, and for those who don't speak French, the card is basically saying "His Royal Highness wishes to thank you for the kind letter you addressed to him."

-Kara-
Oh my goodness, I am so excited after reading that post.:D I want to send something too; maybe in time for Guillaume's birthday. How did you address the envelope? Oh, and did you write in French, German or English? :p

To the people that sent cards; what kind did you send? I don't want to send something that is tacky, but, knowing me, it will be.

I wrote in English to him. I got a really pretty birthday card with silver foil stars on it and wrote inside "Happy 20th Birthday, Felix!" and signed my name at the bottom. Then I addressed the envelope to "HRH Prince Felix of Luxembourg, c/o the Grand-Ducal Palace", etc. So there you have it! It's so neat to get a response back.

As far as choosing a card goes, my best advice is to get something that's eye-catching, yet not garish or comical, with a simple message printed inside or blank inside. You could always write a letter, too, but on nice stationery [this is where I have to leave my Cinnamoroll and PomPom Purin letter sets in the desk ;)].

And, remember everyone- Guillaume's birthday is coming up very soon- less than a month away! Shower him with letters and cards and wish him a happy 23rd birthday! I already bought him a card.....might get him a little trinket gift, too ;P

-Kara-

suturegeisha said:
I wrote in English to him. I got a really pretty birthday card with silver foil stars on it and wrote inside "Happy 20th Birthday, Felix!" and signed my name at the bottom. Then I addressed the envelope to "HRH Prince Felix of Luxembourg, c/o the Grand-Ducal Palace", etc. So there you have it! It's so neat to get a response back.

As far as choosing a card goes, my best advice is to get something that's eye-catching, yet not garish or comical, with a simple message printed inside or blank inside. You could always write a letter, too, but on nice stationery [this is where I have to leave my Cinnamoroll and PomPom Purin letter sets in the desk ;)].

And, remember everyone- Guillaume's birthday is coming up very soon- less than a month away! Shower him with letters and cards and wish him a happy 23rd birthday! I already bought him a card.....might get him a little trinket gift, too ;P

-Kara-
Thank you for that. As soon as my exams are over, I'll buy him a nice, pretty card and send it to him. Hmm, I hadn't thought about a gift, but that's a nice idea. What about a stuffed kangaroo or koala? Ha ha. =)

Danielle said:
Thank you for that. As soon as my exams are over, I'll buy him a nice, pretty card and send it to him. Hmm, I hadn't thought about a gift, but that's a nice idea. What about a stuffed kangaroo or koala? Ha ha. =)
Koala...they're cuter but kangaroos are funky as well hahaha....you seriously going to send thim a kind? wow...imagine he replies and it that begins the love affair haha...how romantic will it be when you tell your children hahaha *wink*

I'd just love to write to a royal!! I don't know what I'd say, but well...
Do royals have email adresses?

ILoveCristina said:

I'm sure they do but their personal email addresses more than likely wouldn't be made public. I've never really looked into this, but maybe some of them have a general email address [like the president of the US- president@whitehouse.gov] that you can send mail to. Anyone know?
-Kara-

what sort of letters do you write... i need some advice before i write one

suturegeisha said:
-Kara-
you got a response back... did felix write to you :p

ILoveCristina said:
hahaha...they probably have e-mails but can you imagine what would happen if it was made known to the public!!!the e-mail website will have a melt down because sooooooooooo many people would write to them and if not many people were sending them e-mail the same people will send continuously sending them e-mails...hahaha i would do that ^_____^ some member of this forum has been e-mailing Pierre Casiraghi i don't think she wants to share his e-mail though hahahaha

bad_barbarella said:
you got a response back... did felix write to you :p

Don't know if he saw the card or not, but yes, I did get a response back from the palace, which was very lovely. The scans of the card and envelope I received are on page 2 of this thread.
-Kara-

did u send it normal or registered post?

im going to post him a card for his 23... i wonder if they actually read it... like say if you wanted to write a personal letter to a royal would they ever read it...

who else bdays are coming up??????

has anyone written a personal letter and got:eek: a personal reply to that letter at all????????

Queen Noor Address

I have 2 US addresses:

Jessica Minton
Assistant to HRH Queen Noor
Faith Trust
PO Box 6070
McLean, VA 22106
Email: HMQNUSA

This address accepts UPS and FED EX only.***

The house that Queen Noor is rumored to have rented is located at 1159
Crest Lane, McLean, Virginia 22101-1805. That is 2nd address for her new home there. Hope this helps. I have had more luck w/email and FAITH TRUST.

Mary Shawn

sherry11 said:
To Les Tribunes Royales:

I am really sorry to post twice in the same topic, and make a mess. And I promise that I won't do this again. Okay? But I promised to give mybags an address of Queen Noor, so that she may write to her, and you have to keep a promise.

To mybags:

Marianne said that you should use this address for Queen Noor, but she said that Queen Noor might not get your mail for a while, if she is on her ranch next to the one by Harrison Ford's ranch, where he breeds horses. And I don't know where that is, because Marianne went back to sleep again. And she probably wouldn't tell me where that is either!

To: Her Majesty Queen Noor,
The Office of Her Majesty Queen Noor,
Bab Al Salam Palace,
Amman, Jordan

Attn: The Senior Assistant to Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan

P.S. I can't read the zip code, because the ink got blurred. So you'll probably have to ask the post office for that.

Sherry!

Letter from HRH The Princess of Asturias

I have received a own hand written card from Princess Letizia.
This card is wonderfull!

Lord Sosnowitz said:
I have received a own hand written card from Princess Letizia.
This card is wonderfull!
Wow, that's amazing. :D

I got my card and present and sent it off to Guillaume for his birthday. I doubt I'll hear anything more about it, but it's nice to think that maybe, just maybe, he might get it. :p

You could probably just address it to the royal and put Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen, Denmark. It should get to them eventually.

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
Does anyone have the address to the Denmark Royal Family?
I found this one:

Hofmarskallatet
Det Gule Palæ
Amaliegade 18
DK-1256 Copenhagen K
Denmark.

A few months ago, I received a note from Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg thanking me for congratulating them on the birth of Prince Jean. It was really neat.

hillary_nugent said:
OMG...i just saw your scans....wow how excited and surprised you must have been to receive it!!! ^____^ do you write to them often? hahaha...and do they always respond back?

I was very excited to recieve it! Although, it sure doesn't compare to a hand-written note, it was still lovely.
I sent Guillaume a card for his birthday and Johan-Friso and Mabel a card congratulating them on their baby news. So we shall see....
Heh, I might take up scrapbooking just to have a place to put all these nifty little notes. ;)
-Kara-

hey you must tell me the reaction of the workers at the post office when they see that you are sending the stuff to royals or do you guys use the post box? hahaha

Royal christmas cards... where to send them to and who would you address it to?

Christmas is approaching fast.. time for all you royal lovers to get the cards ready and show support to the royals we admire.... please help us with addresses thanks:p

I'll try....

The Dutch Royal Family:
Paleis Noordeinde
Noordeinde 68
2514 GL 's-Gravenhage
The Netherlands

The Belgian Royal Family:
Royal Palace
Brederodestraat 16
1000 Brussels
Belgium

The Danish Royal Family:
Amalienborg Palace
1257 Copenhagen
Denmark

The Norwegian Royal Family:
Royal Palace
Drammensveien 1
0010 Oslo
Norway

The Swedish Royal Family:
Royal Palace
11130 Stockholm
Sweden

The Royal Family of Liechtenstein:
Castle Vaduz
9490 Vaduz
Principality of Liechtenstein

The Royal Family of Luxembourg:
Palais Grand-Ducal
2447 Luxembourg
Luxembourg

The Royal Family of Monaco:
Palais Grimaldi
2 Boulevard des Moulins
98015 Monte Carlo
Monaco

The Spanish Royal Family:
Casa de S.M. el Rey
Palacio de la Zarzuela
28071 Madrid

The British Royal Family:
Buckingham Palace
London
United Kingdom

The Greek Royal Family:
His Majesty the King of the Hellenes
4, Linnell Drive
NW117LJ Hampstead, London
United Kingdom

Now. I usually address the envelope to a specific person, but you can always address it to the whole family. For example, if you were sending a card to the Spanish royal family, you might put:
The Royal Family of Spain
c/o Casa de S.M. el Rey
Palacio de la Zarzuela
28071 Madrid

But, if you just wanted to send a card to Felipe and Letizia, you might put:
TRH the Prince and Princess of Asturias
c/o Casa de S.M. el Rey
Palacio de la Zarzuela
28071 Madrid

I always put c/o *insert palace here* on the envelope, so it'll be routed to the right person. When you address it, make sure you don't put the person's real name on the envelope, but rather their title [for example, don't write "Queen Beatrix", write "HM the Queen of the Netherlands"].

Hope this helps! And many thanks to Christine for the addresses.
-Kara-

What should you write on the inside of the card? When I get Christmas cards, people usually write a message such as "Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas". Is it polite to write a message or should we just sign our name? And also, when I get a card from family, they usually put "Love," and then sign their name. Should we use Sincerely, or Respectfully, or something else? I don't know what protocol says about writing to Royals, so I hope someone could help.

its the thought that counts... obviously u dont realise what christmas is about

susanstotz said:
why would you send them a christmas card? It is just an accumulation of junk,wasted money. (but you might keep someone in a job, the person who has to answer these cards before they get tossed)
Whooo.....bah humbug!
I send Christmas cards to all of my family and friends, and yes, to certain royals, because I think it's a nice gesture, and also because you nearly always get a very nice acknowledgement in return.
And, methinks, if you were the one who had that job of opening their mail and answering cards, you would be very very grateful for the Christmas wishes that people like us bestow upon royals. >_<
-Kara-

thanks for show that address of Royals

but my family never been send christmas cards but i do send christmas cards to Prince Charles and his sons Prince William,Prince Harry for Christmas but i would maybe send to HM Queen maybe i hope so not soon! since i met Prince Charles at Prince's trust in 2002 but im wishes i would met HM Queen with curstey but im wishes i would met Prince William sometimes.

Sara Boyce

suturegeisha said:
Whooo.....bah humbug!
I send Christmas cards to all of my family and friends, and yes, to certain royals, because I think it's a nice gesture, and also because you nearly always get a very nice acknowledgement in return.
And, methinks, if you were the one who had that job of opening their mail and answering cards, you would be very very grateful for the Christmas wishes that people like us bestow upon royals. >_<
-Kara-
I agree. I send Christmas cards to everyone, including the people I hate (or should I say, dislike immensely ;)). It's just a nice thought and, Christmas is a time of giving, so spread the joy.

susanstotz said:
why would you send them a christmas card? It is just an accumulation of junk,wasted money. (but you might keep someone in a job, the person who has to answer these cards before they get tossed)
That is not really a festive spirit. The thought behind the cards and the sentiments expressed outweights the monetary costs of the cards. Bravo to the people who want to send their favourite royals holiday greetings. I am sure that all those who receive it will appreciate the card even if they get hundreds of them. You all have the festive spirit.

thanks... :) i think that everyone has a right to opinion... but its great to see so many of you thinking with your heart xox

Back
Top Bottom