Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lord Sosnowitz said:
Wow, It's GREAT! Do you know their e-mails addresses? Please write me!

Thanks!!!!

Unfortunately, I do not know their email addresses. I only sent them regular mail to

Castle Vaduz
9490 Vaduz
Principality of Liechtenstein

If you want a photograph, just ask. I did and was very excited to receive a postcard with printed and original signatures on it.

I've sent an e-mail to Empress Farah Diba Pahlavi and she answered (and that was so cool!)
I also wrote a letter to prince Filip and princess Mathilde and a card to prince Friso and
princess Mabel.

I have written a letter to Princess maxima congratulating her on her 33rd birthday.
She answerde me.
It is very exciting!

Does anybody knows the adress of Princess Mette-Marit of Norway?
Thanks, Vicky

I have written a letter to King Albert & The Duke of Edinburgh for their birthday & They sent me a thanks letter (by their equerry). HM King Albert, sent me a photo too. :)

I got this pre-printed card in July 2004, after I had sent a bithday card for Princess Alexandra's 40th birthday. It is signed in handwriting by her (then being) Lady-in-Waiting Christine Lyng.

Last edited:

I got this handwritten letter in the beginning of May 2004, after I had sent a birthday card for Princess Benedikte's 60th birthday in April 2004. It is handwritten by her Lady-in-Waiting, Countess Karin of Rosenborg.

Instead of receiving standards and unpersonal letters from royals (sorry everybody, that's my point of view), I'd love very much have the chance to discuss with a royal or someone related to a royal family.

fat chance of that happening unfortunately :(

Australian said:
fat chance of that happening unfortunately :(

Oh, you never know. I have the chance to be in contact (about other subjects, very far from royalty) with a woman related to royals. I thought I would never have this chance, but she's wonderful.

Oh, you never know. I have the chance to be in contact (about other subjects, very far from royalty) with a woman related to royals. I thought I would never have this chance, but she's wonderful.
what is she like? is she nice or not and do u speak to each other via letter writtening or face to face? and how did you two meet?

Years ago, I sent Prince William four letters for various occasions and received three letters back from St James' Palace saying that due to the amount of mail he receives, he couldn't enter into correspondance with me.

In addition, I sent Prince Harry a couple of letters, and received one letter back, again from St James' Palace, saying that Prince Harry had read my letter and asked his PA to send me his best wishes.

In addition, I sent the Countess of Wessex a couple of letters, and received one letter back from Bagshot Park saying that the Countess had asked her PA to tell me that she appreciated my letter and sent me her very best wishes. Along with the letter was a postcard with a photograph of the Earl and Countess on the front.

semisquare said:
what is she like? is she nice or not and do u speak to each other via letter writtening or face to face? and how did you two meet?

Via e-mail and tchat. But the next time she comes in Paris I'll meet her.
She seems to me really nice and really an interesting woman. We discussed about many subjects but royalty, because she doesn't want to speak about it.

I sent a letter today to Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. I congratulated them on the birth of Sverre Magnus. I though it would be fun to write a letter since I share a birthday with Sverre.

I write to members of different Royal families quite a lot, most are replied to by staff, TSH The Prince and Princess of Liechtenstein sent a signed photograph once eventhough I had not requested it.

I always write in a formal manner beginning "May it please Your Majesty" for a King or Queen or "Your Royal Highness" for prince or pricess and I end my letters in a traditional manner by writing "I have the honour to remain, sir/madam, Your Majesty's/Royal Highness's most humble and obedient servant" and then I sign it.

It is always nice to recieve the replies on Palace headed notepaper.

TSH The Prince and Princess of Liechtenstein sent a signed photograph once eventhough I had not requested it

Really?! Was that Marie and Hans-Adam?

BeatrixFan said:
Really?! Was that Marie and Hans-Adam?

Yes Prince Hans-Adam II and Princess Marie sent a signed photo, they also included one from Alios and Sophie.

It was very nice of them, I wrote to them to ask for info on the castle for a project I was doing and they very graciously included the photos.

That's wonderful! Well done you. I may have to write myself - I'm a huge admirer of Princess Marie.

If you write to the King of Thailand on the occasion of this Diamond Jubilee and send it to the Thai Embassy they send it to the King in the diplomatic bag and it is Laid before HM and he signals his appreciation and then the Embassy write back to say that HM appreciated your letter.

Quite nice paper form the embassy and The Ambassador signs it.

I'm glad I found this thread because I'm wondering if I should start sending out form letters and then if any celebrity royals respond I can sell whatever they send me on e-bay ... has anyone tried this yet?

I send a letter last week to Queen Sofia but as she was in Norway and now she is in Thailand, i don't think she is able to write me back... :(

Don't worry Juanita, her staff will probably write you back to thank you. By the way how do these royals find the time to read and write back to all their admirers? I'm thinking of writing something but not sure when to do it. Do you get a response if you are lucky or do they always send you a reply back?

Kelly said:
Don't worry Juanita, her staff will probably write you back to thank you.
Thank you, Kelly! ;)

Kelly said:
By the way how do these royals find the time to read and write back to all their admirers? I'm thinking of writing something but not sure when to do it. Do you get a response if you are lucky or do they always send you a reply back?
Usually they send a reply, i know some pleople who didn't have a response and other who had it! I think it's a question of time to read and write back, like you said Kelly! :)

Last week, I recieved a card on ocassion of Princess Máxima's birthday and yesterday one of Prince Frederik's birthday

i want to write to Martha Louise (do you think if i use the norweigen family address mentioned earlier in this thread and put as the person addressed to, Princess Martha Louise of Norway; would Martha Louise receive it?) and Queen Margarethe. Do you think it would be okay to write to QMII about her 66th Birthday even if it was a couple of months ago and art?

when do you all get ur replies? a month later?
and do you post your letters a month before the birthday?

foiegrass said:
when do you all get ur replies? a month later?
and do you post your letters a month before the birthday?
It usually takes at least a couple of weeks, because the royal in question usually get a lot of mail for special occasions. So there's a lot for the office of the royal to go through, sort and reply too.

I don't send mail to royals very often, but when I do, I send them at least two weeks in advance.

I wrote to HM King Carl Gustaf on his 60th Birthday, I recieved a signed card/photo which read: I wish to extend my warmest thanks for all the kindness and generosity shown to me on the occasion of my birthday.
Carl Gustaf

flctylu said:
i want to write to Martha Louise (do you think if i use the norweigen family address mentioned earlier in this thread and put as the person addressed to, Princess Martha Louise of Norway; would Martha Louise receive it?) and Queen Margarethe. Do you think it would be okay to write to QMII about her 66th Birthday even if it was a couple of months ago and art?
I'd be more inclined to wish Margrethe a speedy recovery after her recent surgery, if I was writing to her now, than greetings for her 66th birthday several months ago. The latter, in my opinion, just makes it look like your letter/postcard got lost in the mail/your home, until you had the time to post it. But maybe that's just me.

RoyalProtocol said:
I wrote to HM King Carl Gustaf on his 60th Birthday, I recieved a signed card/photo which read: I wish to extend my warmest thanks for all the kindness and generosity shown to me on the occasion of my birthday.
Carl Gustaf
Was it write by the King?

GrandDuchess said:

I got this handwritten letter in the beginning of May 2004, after I had sent a birthday card for Princess Benedikte's 60th birthday in April 2004. It is handwritten by her Lady-in-Waiting, Countess Karin of Rosenborg.

I got a reply from Countess Karin in the same blue ink after I sent a message to Prince Richard after his mother's death in August 2005.

Back
Top Bottom