Letters To Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if i were royal i think the idea of receving Christmas cards from your fans is sweet ^__^ i mean it shows that at least some one out there admires and apprecites your work ^__^

Last edited:
I want to send a Christmas Card to the Prince Richard zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg and his family. Where would I send it?

I got a reply back after I sent Guillaume a birthday present. It was similar to what Kara got, but the card inside was different (for obvious reasons).

Oh Hillary, when I was at the Post Office sending off the package, the lady looked at me strangely when she saw where it was going. She looked at the address twice, looked at me and pulled this funny face.

Attachments

• Card.jpg
    Card.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 621
Danielle said:
Oh Hillary, when I was at the Post Office sending off the package, the lady looked at me strangely when she saw where it was going. She looked at the address twice, looked at me and pulled this funny face.
Lol, did she really? What was the address? You're not Australian are you Danielle - coz I don't think Australian postal workers would recognise other royals apart from the Danish and British royals.

And how did she look when she pulled that face? Was she trying to stop herself from laughing, did she have a look of distate on her face (blah to them)??

Of course!
I received letters from: HM Queen Paola, Princess Martha Louise, HM King Carl Gustav XVI, HM Queen Beatrix, HRH The Prince of Oranje, HRH The Princess of Asturias (she wrote own hand)

I received signed cards from Princess Marie and Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein.

Lord Sosnowitz said:
HRH The Princess of Asturias (she wrote own hand)
Wow...she wrote to you personally? that is so nice that she would take the time to write to her fans ^___^

Lord Sosnowitz said:
Of course!
I received letters from: HM Queen Paola, Princess Martha Louise, HM King Carl Gustav XVI, HM Queen Beatrix, HRH The Prince of Oranje, HRH The Princess of Asturias (she wrote own hand)
can u put here the letter that she (letizia) wrote?

Lord Sosnowitz said:
Really? That's so nice of her!!
Is it possible that Letizia personaly answers everybody? I mean, she and Felipe are ALWAYS working!

Anita said:
She is soo nice ! Wonderful Princess ! :)
Hi,I dunno If I can post here,If ur talking about royals in general,cuz I am from Jordan and I sent HRH Prince Hamzah an e-mail 4m his official website (to congratualte him on his wedding) but I NEVER got a reply back....LOL
And I also tried sending QN an e-mail long time ago before PH's official website was established I think back in 99' but never got a reply either...:((((((crying)
I want to get a reply and a nice cards like u guys,LOL,I seriously think it's cool!

Last edited:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
Hi,I dunno If I can post here,If ur talking about royals in general,cuz I am from Jordan and I sent HRH Prince Hamzah an e-mail 4m his official website (to congratualte him on his wedding) but I NEVER got a reply back....LOL
And I also tried sending QN an e-mail long time ago before PH's official website was established I think back in 99' but never got a reply either...:((((((crying)
I want to get a reply and a nice cards like u guys,LOL,I seriously think it's cool!
Well....I would imagine that you didn't get an email back because sending it to you would [potentially] reveal their address [unless they have a "do not reply" address or a scramble-bot]. Anyway, they probably get tons and tons of emails and don't have time to sift through each one >.<.
Try writing them a paper letter- most of the time you get *some* sort of response [although Mr. Guillaume never sent me anything regarding the birthday greets and gift I sent him...hmmm].
Lollies!
-Kara-

Jasl said:
Lol, did she really? What was the address? You're not Australian are you Danielle - coz I don't think Australian postal workers would recognise other royals apart from the Danish and British royals.

And how did she look when she pulled that face? Was she trying to stop herself from laughing, did she have a look of distate on her face (blah to them)??
Yes, I'm Australian. I addressed it with his full title so that is why she probably stared. I don't think there was a menacing or even an 'I-can't-stop-myself-from-laughing' look on her face; more of surprise I think. I'm not too sure though, because I can't know what she was thinking. :p

suturegeisha said:
Well....I would imagine that you didn't get an email back because sending it to you would [potentially] reveal their address [unless they have a "do not reply" address or a scramble-bot]. Anyway, they probably get tons and tons of emails and don't have time to sift through each one >.<.
Try writing them a paper letter- most of the time you get *some* sort of response [although Mr. Guillaume never sent me anything regarding the birthday greets and gift I sent him...hmmm].
Lollies!
-Kara-
I tihnk there isn't any reply-to address cuz it's an official website,meaning their offices' director usually reply to people,but i didn't get that either,LOL...

Maxima's address

Could you please give me Maxima's address?
I've once written her (it was a congrats card on the birthday of Amalia), but i never got any reply. Maybe the address was wrong or smth? Though they gave some "Thank you speach" on TV later on, thanking all the people that congratulated them. Maybe that's why i didn't get anything personally. :-(

Does anybody know the address of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan so I can send them a congratulations note for the birth of Prince Hashem?

Sorry, don't know where to find the adresses. Maybe you look at the offical page...
But it's interesting what letters you've got. Very cool! :) I've never got a letter of any royals. Last year at Letizia's birthday I sent a selfmade card to the palace but I haven't an answer gotten until today. Unfortunately. Don't know why, but it is ok.

hahaa...it's probably something really random. Man, it would be hilarious if it was something super easy...too obvious that it's overlooked. Does anyone have any idea if any royals even get on any of the forums? I bet they'd get a good chuckle from it!

Last edited:
Another card!

(Btw, thanks Hillary!)

Today I received a short note from HM Queen Margrethe of Denmark, thanking me for my card for her 65th birthday. Very exciting time for me at the moment!

It's signed by Jens Vester, the Queen's Aide-de-Camp.

I wrote to Queen Elizabeth II on several occasions: the deathts of the Queen Mother, Princess Margaret, Princess Alice (in this case I wrote also to The Duke and The Duchess of Gloucester), the Golden Jubilee, the 50th Coronation anniversary and the birth of Lady Louise. In all cases I received a reply from a Lady in waiting.
Unfortunately I didn't write for the death of Sir Angus: I hadn't suitable paper and envelope and when I got them it was a little late... :(

The first time I got a reply I was very excited.

Postal Address for the Secretariat of HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Countess of Frederiksborg is:

Amalienborg
PO Box 2143
1015 Copenhagen K
Denmark

the official address for TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark is:
Court of TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark
Christian VIII’s Palace
Amalienborg Slotsplads 7
DK-1257 København K
Denmark

postal address for TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark is:

PO Box 2143
DK-1015 Copenhagen K
Denmark

duno if there's a difference from the "offical /postal" address for the crown princely couple

well, i wrote to Prince Wills twice or more, like you guys said, just be myself and nothing special in the letters. but one time when it was near birthday, i wrote that if he wrote back, it would be the best birthday gift ever. then i got a reply from his secretary, sayin g that cos he got too many mails he couldn't write back.
another time i wrote to the Queen to say i was so sorry for her loss of her dog, i don't remember the name, but it happened last xmas or the one before. then i got a reply from her lady-in-waiting
both the letters were typed, signatures of secretary/lady-in-waiting are hand written. no pictures or autograph:(
i'm not sure if my letters are ok, cos i don't know the etiquettes about writing to royals. but i did write HM/HRH on the envelope. but it's hard to address them. shall i call them HM/HRH in the letter? won't it be too formal? or shall i call him Wills? will that be too casual? i don't know:(
i stopped sending them letters now cos it's costing a lot of postage! but i guess if Prince Wills gets married or big occasions like that someday i would send some gift for them:)

I never got any mail from any royal although I did send several Christmas Card to Queen Elizabeth II, a condolence letter to Queen Beatrix (upon the loss of Prince Bernhard) and a Christmas Card to Queen Margrethe II but I got e mail from the private secretary of Queen Noor thanking me for sending my condolences to Queen Noor upon the lost of her father, Najeeb Halaby.

Here, I copy from the e mail and Azrul Hisham is my real name

To: "Azrul Hisham" <cj_elseif@linuxmail.org>
Cc:
Subject: RE: Condolences
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 05:23:24 -0700

Dear Mr. Hisham,

Her Majesty Queen Noor has asked me to convey her most sincere gratitude for
your thoughtful letter of condolence, and for your kind and supportive words
on the passing of her father, Najeeb Halaby.

Yours sincerely,
Hania Dakhgan
Private Secretary to HM Queen Noor
Amman-Jordan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 6:30 AM
To: noor@queennoor.jo
Subject: Condolences

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaikum W.B.T

Dearest Your Majesty,

My heartfelt condolences to Your Majesty upon the passing of Your Majesty's
father. I am truly sorry about that and I pray May Allah SWT bless Your
Majesty's father.

Yours Sincerely
Azrul Hisham
Malaysia

Wow that is so interesting Ephram! i haven't heard of anyone receving e-mails from royals! it must have been heaps amazing when you opened your e-mail to find it! ^___^

florawindsor said:
well, i wrote to Prince Wills twice or more, like you guys said, just be myself and nothing special in the letters. but one time when it was near birthday, i wrote that if he wrote back, it would be the best birthday gift ever. then i got a reply from his secretary, sayin g that cos he got too many mails he couldn't write back.
another time i wrote to the Queen to say i was so sorry for her loss of her dog, i don't remember the name, but it happened last xmas or the one before. then i got a reply from her lady-in-waiting
both the letters were typed, signatures of secretary/lady-in-waiting are hand written. no pictures or autograph:(
i'm not sure if my letters are ok, cos i don't know the etiquettes about writing to royals. but i did write HM/HRH on the envelope. but it's hard to address them. shall i call them HM/HRH in the letter? won't it be too formal? or shall i call him Wills? will that be too casual? i don't know:(
i stopped sending them letters now cos it's costing a lot of postage! but i guess if Prince Wills gets married or big occasions like that someday i would send some gift for them:)

The more correct way to address The Queen:
beginning: Madam
conclusion: I have the honour to be, Madam, Your Majesty's most humble and obedient servant.
For other royals it's the same, with some changes where necessary: Madam or Sir, Your Royal Highness.
These are formal.
According to the official site of the British Monarchy many people open the letter with Your Majesty (or Your Royal Highness) and end simply with Yours sincerely.

In any case (even in a very formal letter), the royal should be addressed simply using you and your in the body of the letter.

hillary_nugent said:
Wow that is so interesting Ephram! i haven't heard of anyone receving e-mails from royals! it must have been heaps amazing when you opened your e-mail to find it! ^___^

Yes, that's absolutely for sure. I was so astonished when I found that she replied my e mail. I have sent many e mails to many royals who have e mails stated in their official sites on various occassion without hoping that they will ever reply me because I know receiving e mails/letters from royals is like waiting for a moon to land on Earth because they are so busy to entertain our messages and another thing is...well, at the end of the day they royals though, just like any other celebrities ...... but all of a sudden when we got one, that would be great.

ElisaR said:
conclusion: I have the honour to be, Madam, Your Majesty's most humble and obedient servant.
Perhaps if you're a citizen of one of the commonwealth countries, you address Queen Elizabeth like this. But for me as a person with my own monarch whom I "serve", it wouldn't feel right to end with this.

When I write to a royal I always address the evelope with their royal title, and usually also open with their title and name, and end with a nice phrase before I sign my name.

But I think whatever makes you comfortable is okay, as long as you write it with the common courtesy.

mmmmmm~
i don't think i could end with'I have the honour to be, Madam, Your Majesty's most humble and obedient servant.' as I am not a British citizen nor one of the Common Wealth. anyway,the etiquettes won't be too important cos the real royals never get to read them. just try to be nice, be polite in the letter, no need to be 'humble' or follow every exact rule

The royals of Liechtenstein read their mail and send autographed photos and cards as well. I got letters from Prince Hans-Adam and Hereditary Prince Alois, also a signed card from Hans-Adam and Princess Marie.

GrandDuchess said:
Perhaps if you're a citizen of one of the commonwealth countries, you address Queen Elizabeth like this. But for me as a person with my own monarch whom I "serve", it wouldn't feel right to end with this.

When I write to a royal I always address the evelope with their royal title, and usually also open with their title and name, and end with a nice phrase before I sign my name.

But I think whatever makes you comfortable is okay, as long as you write it with the common courtesy.

I understand what you mean. However that doesn't really mean that you are a servant. It is simply a formal address. I think that in the past this sentence was usual in formal letter to everybody.
Today is still used not only for Royals, but also for some other people (very few, anyway). For example, the ending of letter for a High Commissioner (which is a very important diplomat from, I think, a Commonwealth country) is: I have the honour to be Your Excellency's obedient servant.
Also in a formal letter to a foreign Ambassador accredited to the UK: I have the honour to be, with the highest consideration, Your Excellency's obedient servant.
To a British Ambassador accredited to a foreign country: I have the honour to be, Sir/Madam, Your Excellency's obedient servant.
Governor General: I have the honour to be, Sir or Madam (My Lord or Lady, if a peer), Your Exellency's obedient servant.
Similar senteces are adressed to Roman Catholic Archbishops and Bishops, with some differences in case you are a Roman Catholic or if you officially recognise him.
For Prime Minister and other important members of government: I have the hounour to be, Sir/Madam, Yours faithfully. However is rarely used today and Your obedient servant has become obsolete.
In all the above cases Yours sincerely is used in social letters.

My source is Debrett's Correct Form, 2002 edition.

After all I haven't any problem to address The Queen in such way. I quite enjoy it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom