The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-23-2017, 07:51 PM

Hello all, would any of you be able to help with an address for the Portuguese royal family?

In addition, has anyone ever received a reply from the Romanian royal house?

Best wishes!

Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthios View Post
Hello all, would any of you be able to help with an address for the Portuguese royal family?

In addition, has anyone ever received a reply from the Romanian royal house?

Best wishes!
Hi!

In september, I've received special card from Romanian RF of the occassion of Queen Anne's death (I sent condolencies to H.M. King).

I am still waiting for christmas answer.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koningin View Post
Hi!

In september, I've received special card from Romanian RF of the occassion of Queen Anne's death (I sent condolencies to H.M. King).

I am still waiting for christmas answer.

Thank you! I have written to them a number of times over the past 18 months, but they seem to be one of those families that are quite sporadic.

Nevermind, my Christmas replies are slowly trickling in, so I am happy enough - thank you ever so much :>
Old 02-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.file.../02/card-3.jpg

I finally got the Christmas card I have been wanting, since the Yorks are my favorites. I had written to the Duke of York for Christmas, but than I found out Sarah sends out the Christmas cards. So, I sent her a quick Christmas card in early January, I also asked if she had any older cards if she could send them. She sent me the 2014 one, including this years card. I had hoped that she might send me the one from 2015, but alas no luck. I’m so happy for my results, I could have cried. The Yorks send out awesome Christmas replies. I was worried I wouldn’t get the York Christmas Card because I sent mine late, but it was worth the waiting
Old 02-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

Wait, duchesschicana, you are the writer of the Princess Beatrice blog?!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

yes, the one and only :P
Old 11-13-2017, 04:41 PM

Royal Christmas Cards

Hello member,

Christmas is coming. So this year I want to send some Royals a Christmas card in the hope to get a response with a nice photo of them.

Who did this before?
Did you ask them for a response and for a photo?
And if you asked them for a response/photo what would be a good way to ask them for a response/photo without sounding a little bit greedy for a response/photo?

Who can help me out? Does someone has a good text?
Old 12-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.file...ies.png?w=1410

The York Family Christmas Card 2017 I love it the York Princesses are so cute
Old 12-30-2017, 12:50 AM
Majesty

I must say its my favorite BRF Christmas card this year

Not festive but none of them were. But they were not just pics from an event, or standing infront of a white background. There is real personality and character, and a great background. Even Andrew looks great. Would have loved one with him joining in the myrth with the girls, but it kind of feels like his amusement in his photo, is because he is sitting watching them.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps Andrew, himself, took those photos of the girls. I think I remember reading somewhere that Andrew likes to dabble in photography.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps Andrew, himself, took those photos of the girls. I think I remember reading somewhere that Andrew likes to dabble in photography.
Yes, he is said to have quite a love for it. I guess one of the girls could have taken his photo. More I look, more I like. It really does give the feeling of dad sitting at his desk laughing at the antics of his daughters

He actually released a book, looks in the 80's. There is a photographic award in Canada still running in 2017, that was founded as a wedding gift to Andrew and Fergie (still named after both even divorced)

https://www.amazon.ca/Prince-Andrew-.../dp/0241116449
Old 12-30-2017, 01:17 AM
Nobility

I like those pictures!

Andrew taking his tie off is a tad disconcerting, but I'll get over it.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Andrew was a very good photographer in the past so no need to think he isn't still.

In 2002 The Queen had 50 pictures of herself taken over the 50 years of her reign as the 'special' display at Windsor Castle. There were one or two taken by Andrew included and they were amongst my favourites.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

The York Christmas card is lovely.

The photos of Beatrice and Eugenie could have been taken the day of the Patron's Lunch as they're wearing the same outfits and the top right photograph appears to be taken from the interior balcony at Buckingham Palace.

The photograph of Andrew is easily one of the best photographs of him in years.

And for all we know, it's Sarah behind the lens...they once had a card that said "photographs by Mum" on the back.