The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #441  
Old 07-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 778
I thought St James's palace was the official office for Prince William, Harry and Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. If it is and you address your letter to St James's palace in all likely hood you will receive a reply not from a royal but from a secretary of the palace. I wrote to St James's palace in the 1980s and received a wonderful reply with good information. It was about the fire at Windsor Castle. Hope this helps.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,387
I send a letter to HM King Albert II for his 80th birthday.
I received an answer a postcard with a black and white picture of the King and his wife. With his own handwriting the thanks in french , dutch and german and signs Albert.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 07-19-2014, 02:58 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I send a letter to HM King Albert II for his 80th birthday.
I received an answer a postcard with a black and white picture of the King and his wife. With his own handwriting the thanks in french , dutch and german and signs Albert.
How nice for you Maria Olivia,thats one to keep for sure!
__________________
December 5th,2014 -Death of H.M.Queen Fabiola of Belgium
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 07-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
I'd like to send a letter to Queen Maxima but I don't know what to write.... If I just write that I admire her, would it be too silly?
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 07-19-2014, 07:30 PM
ff462's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'd like to send a letter to Queen Maxima but I don't know what to write.... If I just write that I admire her, would it be too silly?
I don't think it would be silly at all. That's the kind of thing I always write.


In response to those who are wondering what address it is for Prince Harry, on the official website of the British Monarchy, it's listed as Clarence House. However, I recently wrote a letter to William, telling him that I was at the Garter Service and the reply came from the office of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and HRH Prince Henry of Wales at Kensington Palace (a reply from a secretary that is). I guess all their mail must be forwarded to Kensington Palace as that's where they reside.

I wrote to the Queen about the Garter Service too and one of her ladies-in-waiting replied again. I was really hoping for a personal reply but it's still always nice to get a letter from Buckingham Palace.

Unexpectedly, I also received a note from Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia thanking me for the birthday wishes even though I never sent him anything for his birthday. I wrote to him about two months ago so I suppose his office must still have my name and address.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0001.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	292073   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0002.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	292074  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 07-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff462 View Post
I don't think it would be silly at all. That's the kind of thing I always write.


In response to those who are wondering what address it is for Prince Harry, on the official website of the British Monarchy, it's listed as Clarence House. However, I recently wrote a letter to William, telling him that I was at the Garter Service and the reply came from the office of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and HRH Prince Henry of Wales at Kensington Palace (a reply from a secretary that is). I guess all their mail must be forwarded to Kensington Palace as that's where they reside.

I wrote to the Queen about the Garter Service too and one of her ladies-in-waiting replied again. I was really hoping for a personal reply but it's still always nice to get a letter from Buckingham Palace.

Unexpectedly, I also received a note from Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia thanking me for the birthday wishes even though I never sent him anything for his birthday. I wrote to him about two months ago so I suppose his office must still have my name and address.
Thank you Do you have the adress for Queen Maxima?
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 778
Hello Marty, perhaps you should say why you admire her. Is it because she has to juggle her job as Queen and raise a family or because of other things. I admire her as well, I think she does a great job firstly as Crown Princess and now as Queen. Even though she has the enormous task of being a regal Queen she still manages to portray her personality in public as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 07-21-2014, 06:30 PM
ff462's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thank you Do you have the adress for Queen Maxima?
Taken from the Dutch Royal Family website, the address for Queen Maxima is:
Her Majesty Queen Maxima (or in Dutch: 'voor H.M. Koningin Máxima: Majesteit')
Paleis Noordeinde
Postbus 30412
2500 GK Den Haag
The Netherlands
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 07-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff462 View Post
Taken from the Dutch Royal Family website, the address for Queen Maxima is:
Her Majesty Queen Maxima (or in Dutch: 'voor H.M. Koningin Máxima: Majesteit')
Paleis Noordeinde
Postbus 30412
2500 GK Den Haag
The Netherlands
Thank you!

How long does it usually take to get a reply?
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stoughton, United States
Posts: 8
I got a letter back from the court of HRH Crown Princess Mary. She said thanks for the letter. But the Crown Princess cant answer any question(s) that were asked in your letter.

Oh well. At least I wrote to her.
__________________
To be happy is, I guess, the most important thing in life.-Crown Princess Mary
Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
I sent my letter to Queen Maxima today... Now it's time to wait :-)
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 530
I received my response from the Queen of England today. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1408038800.542568.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	292219
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I received my response from the Queen of England today. Attachment 292219
Can I ask you how much did it take to get a reply?

Did it take more or less that 6 months since you sent it? Thanks
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 08-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Windsor, Canada
Posts: 2
I wrote to HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein asking if he would autograph and personalize my copy of his book. I got an email back from one of the secretary's saying that I would hear back by mid-August. I received an email back about 10 days later from his personal secretary saying he would be delighted to sign it for me and sent it on it's way to Vaduz.

Very cool... Will post pictures of it when I get it back here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Can I ask you how much did it take to get a reply?

Did it take more or less that 6 months since you sent it? Thanks

I sent it July 14th ish and got a response the response Aug 14th.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 08-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Z View Post
I wrote to HSH Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein asking if he would autograph and personalize my copy of his book. I got an email back from one of the secretary's saying that I would hear back by mid-August. I received an email back about 10 days later from his personal secretary saying he would be delighted to sign it for me and sent it on it's way to Vaduz.

Very cool... Will post pictures of it when I get it back here.

Now *that* is going to be one very special keepsake!! Lucky you!!


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 08-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
This morning I got my letter from Queen Maxima

It did take only 3 weeks to have a reply...

I had espressed my admiration for her and my condoloences for the tragic plane's shot down..

I also asked if there might be a trip to italy but her secretary wrote that unfortunately no journey to my country is planned for the foreseen future...

How can I attached the photo of the letter?
Thanks
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:25 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,604
I'm glad you got a reply in the end. When you're about to post your photo/comment, there should be a little paperclip next to the smiley face icon. That will bring you too something that looks like the photo below, which will give you the option of attaching your chosen image :
Attached Images
 
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 08-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm glad you got a reply in the end. When you're about to post your photo/comment, there should be a little paperclip next to the smiley face icon. That will bring you too something that looks like the photo below, which will give you the option of attaching your chosen image :
thank you very much hereditary princess
I hope to manage to attach it tomorrow
__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 2,115
Kungliga Slottet 111 30 Stockholm Sweden
is this the right adress to send a letter for a mamber of the swedish royal family?
__________________

__________________
"Life is just a journey" (Princess Diana).
"You have mosquitoes, I have the press!"(Prince Philip)
"I hope it comes soon because I'm going on holiday!" (The Queen).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General things about Royals SheriBeri Royal Ceremony and Protocol 65 07-18-2014 10:46 PM
Fighting Royals Queens Royal Life and Lifestyle 180 05-06-2013 12:26 AM
Where to find information about the Norwegian Royals. norwegianne Royal House of Norway 11 01-04-2013 03:51 AM
Royals and Immunity/Diplomatic immunity Alexandria Royal Ceremony and Protocol 34 05-24-2009 05:10 AM
July/August 2005 Newsletter: Royals on Summer Vacation GrandDuchess Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles 10 07-20-2005 07:16 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]