The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2007, 02:11 AM

Duke of Mecklenburg

Friday I got a card from Princess Marie-Astrid and Carl-Christian.

Now I'm looking for the Address of Georg Borwin, Duke of Mecklenburg and the Address of King Leka I of Albania (He is now still living in Tirana, but I have no Address).

Old 04-24-2007, 07:55 AM

I have sent letters to Queen Beatrix, The Prince and Princess of Orange, Queen Margrethe II and The Crown Prince And Crown Princess of Denmark on the recent Royal Births and To HRH The Princess Royal on her appointment as Grand Master of The Royal Victorian Order, I will let you know what replies I receive.

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

I have sent a card to Alexander & Máxima congratulating them on the birth of Ariane, and one to Alexander for his 40th birthday at the end of the week. My card to Mary & Fred congratulating them on the birth of Lilleprinsesse is sitting on my desk waiting to be posted on Thursday!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

Hello! What is Pss. Marie-astrid's address? I would like to write to her.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 PM

The Private Secretaries to Queen Margrethe II and The Princess Royal have both replied thanking me for my letters, Queen Margrethe's paper is awful!

God Save The Queen!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

I've never attempted to send a letter to a royal before. Does anyone send anything back, like a secretary or something?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
I've never attempted to send a letter to a royal before. Does anyone send anything back, like a secretary or something?

A response will be sent but normally not directly from the royal personage concerned, although sometimes a person gets lucky.

One of my students sent a letter to the Queen for imformation relating to an assignment some years ago about the abdication.

This student did get a reply from the Queen - the student asked a question about what the Queen remembered about the events and the reply was very non-commital - something like 'I remember a lot of change and realised things were happening but at the time I didn't fully take in what was happening until we were told definitely that my parents were going to be the King and Queen'.

Other students only got replies from the private secretaries, but their questions weren't about what the Queen remembered but more about the details of the abdication itself.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Her Majesty was very kind to reply herself to this student! It shows how dedicated to her "job" she is. She certainly knows she is seen as "United Kingdom's Mother". Good for her!

Vanesa.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Today I received a telegram from Spain thanking me for the letter which I sent to The king and Queen on the occasion of the birth of Sofia.
It was nice to get a telegram as opposed to a letter, quite different.

The Spanish text and a rough translation is below.

De jefe de la casa de su majestad el rey

Sus majestades me encargan que traslade, en su nombre y junto a su afectuoso saludo, su sincero agradecimiento por las amables palabras de felicitación que han recibido con motivo del nacimiento de su nieta, la infanta Sofía.

Aprovecho la ocasión para enviar un saludo muy cordial,

Alberto Aza Arias

Translation

The Head of The Household of HM The King

Their Majesties have commanded me to convey in Their name and with their affectionate greetings, Their sincere thanks for your kind words of congratulations which They have received on the birth of Their Granddaughter, The Infanta Sofia.

I take this occasion to offer you my very warm greetings,

Alberto Aza Arias

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Gentry

Does someone write to the Belgian Royals? I send a christmascard to Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde and I receive a photograph with Christmaswishes. Sorry for my English.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
If I understand, they send you a picture in return?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Gentry

Yes, a card with wishes and a picture to all the writers every year. A familyphoto.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
That's really sweet. What a wonderful gesture. I don't believe my Congresswoman would do that! That's really nice, royaltylover. Your English is fine.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Letters To Royals

It may already exist and I've missed it. I have several examples of Princess Caroline's handwriting, and a graphologist's analysis of her personality based on her handwriting, on the occasion of her first marriage. I'll post them when I get home, if there is any interest.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

I received a card from HRH The Prince of Venice & Piedmont & he send me a own pic from christening his baby
Old 07-25-2007, 03:33 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Today I received a telegram from Spain thanking me for the letter which I sent to The king and Queen on the occasion of the birth of Sofia.
It was nice to get a telegram as opposed to a letter, quite different.

The Spanish text and a rough translation is below.

De jefe de la casa de su majestad el rey

Sus majestades me encargan que traslade, en su nombre y junto a su afectuoso saludo, su sincero agradecimiento por las amables palabras de felicitación que han recibido con motivo del nacimiento de su nieta, la infanta Sofía.

Aprovecho la ocasión para enviar un saludo muy cordial,

Alberto Aza Arias

Translation

The Head of The Household of HM The King

Their Majesties have commanded me to convey in Their name and with their affectionate greetings, Their sincere thanks for your kind words of congratulations which They have received on the birth of Their Granddaughter, The Infanta Sofia.

I take this occasion to offer you my very warm greetings,

Alberto Aza Arias
I got a similar reply from the Prince and Princess of Asturias on the occassion of Infanta Sofía's birth. Basically the same, just different words (daughter instead of granddaughter, etc )
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 PM

Royal Letter Etiquette as used by Royalty

From within, what is the letter etiquette?

I noticed that HRM Queen Elizabeth II writes simply "Elizabeth II" at the end of the letter in penwork, and the addressing title in penwork at the top. (Still calling the person Your Excellency or addressing them by title".

Perhaps it was a head of state she would address by honorific because I imagine being that her peerage is equal to royalty she would not address anyone else by some title other than "Dear (Title) name) rather than an honorific. I was also surprised to see that royalty uses such simple stationery.

So from what I understand it the name of the palace the Queen or her Lady-in-Wating is currently in (Or for the King of Denmark, the palace he is in) is always below the Coat of Arms or Monogram? Is it always the name of the one their in?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advait View Post
From within, what is the letter etiquette?

I noticed that HRM Queen Elizabeth II writes simply "Elizabeth II" at the end of the letter in penwork, and the addressing title in penwork at the top. (Still calling the person Your Excellency or addressing them by title".

Perhaps it was a head of state she would address by honorific because I imagine being that her peerage is equal to royalty she would not address anyone else by some title other than "Dear (Title) name) rather than an honorific. I was also surprised to see that royalty uses such simple stationery.

So from what I understand it the name of the palace the Queen or her Lady-in-Wating is currently in (Or for the King of Denmark, the palace he is in) is always below the Coat of Arms or Monogram? Is it always the name of the one their in?
Queen Elizabeth II is addressed as Her Majesty (HM) and HM signs a letter or any paperwork as Elizabeth R which stands for Elizabeth Regina.Regina in Latin means Queen.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu View Post
Queen Elizabeth II is addressed as Her Majesty (HM) and HM signs a letter or any paperwork as Elizabeth R which stands for Elizabeth Regina.Regina in Latin means Queen.
That did not really help me too much. I did want to know other than the Queen.

My main question was if the current palace or residence the Queen or King of a country is presently in is always put below the coat of arms or monogram in a letter FROM an monarch.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Under the Coat of Arms on British Royal stationary, it says "Buckingham Palace". On my letter from the Duchess of Cornwall, it said, "Clarence House".