The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Queen Elizabeth had a lot of intricate detail on her 1937 Coronation robe.
It is really gorgeous! I personally would have preferred the Robe fuller and wider; however, the detail and the way It was made is really beautiful. I too, would love to see all the Coronation Robes displayed in a row. That would be wonderful.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
It's a shock to even think this many people attended Queen Victoria's Coronation #OTD 1838-
https://mobile.twitter.com/wabbey/st...74759353679873
Thank You Dman! Despite the mishaps and lack of preparedness, it was, from what I have read, a Glorious & Gorgeous Coronation all the same.
It was very Majestic, which attribute We are losing more and more these days. In fact, future Coronations I believe will be rather simplified and with far less Royal Pomp & Ceremony, which I personally deeply regret.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Aristocracy

In 1911 a Great & Majestic Imperial Durbar-Coronation took place in New-Delhi, in honour of King George the Fifth and Queen Mary. Their Majesties were acknowledged & honored as The Emperor & Empress of India. The Nobles of India also came to pay Homage to Their Imperial Majesties, enthroned in all Their Imperial Finery. It was a truly Magnificent & Majestic Durbar-Coronation, as I believe A Coronation should be. My Opinion & preference is naturally regardless of the Political opinions & rights or wrongs of the Colonization by England of India.
For Me, it is simply a beautiful & timeless example of How Magnificent Royal & Imperial Coronations were; and as I believe,
They should be.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

At his 1902 coronation, because he was still convalescing, Edward VII of Great Britain had been crowned with the Imperial State Crown instead of St. Edward's Crown.

Coronation robes and coronets prepared
Old 04-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

This is so very interesting for I never thought about the coronation robes before. Is there a book on all of them and what about the same robes for other monarchies? A very interesting subject brought to my attention and I am very grateful for that. Now will have to research it more...Thank you!
Old 04-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

M. Payton, At the present time I do not know of one specific book that has details on all of the various coronation robes of all the monarchies through the centuries. I do not know if specific details were recorded about some of these coronation robes.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

At King Edward I of England's upcoming coronation, there was a quarrel with his brother Edmund about precedence rights at the coronation. Edmund was so offended by the rebuttal of his claim to carry the Curtana, the ceremonial sword, that he stayed away.

Tags
coronation, elizabeth ii